Wifi calling app?

rkkunk

On an iPhone you can turn Bluetooth back on in airplane mode.

Correct. I was oversimplifying the difference. The "easiest" thing to do is probably turn on airplane mode and then turn on wifi, but if you want bluetooth, you'd have to activate that as well. But someone who wants to do all that is probably comfortable with turning off cellular roaming on the cellular menu that's much more buried under settings rather than simply swiping up the control center...

Thanks, I was not clear on if the SE was the same as the 5SE.

There is no iPhone 5SE. The other person was confused. They were right about the new phone being like a 6. The new 4 inch screen phone is called the iPhone SE. The naming can be confusing. That is why I included the AT&T link. The link provides clarity on which iPhone models can do WiFi calling on AT&T.

Edited by Charles4515

There is no iPhone 5SE. The other person was confused. They were right about the new phone being like a 6. The new 4 inch screen phone is called the iPhone SE. The naming can be confusing. That is why I included the AT&T link.

OK, I appreciate it. I've seen that link before and I was pretty sure I never saw an iPhone 5 mode listed.

The 80 Kbs might enough for an iffy voice call, but doubt it would work for a usable video connection. Until we get more reporting we don't know the limitations on SURF - it might not be bandwidth but only specific video (and BW) intensive sites/apps.

yes, I was considering voice only

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My wife has a 5s and wifi calling is not an option. The Apple website says 5c or newer will work for wifi calling but I think that is an error. Never heard of an iPhone SE.

If I turn on airplane mode my 6s doesn't allow me to turn on wifi calling. If I turn off cellular data, I am able to enable wifi calling.

My wife has a 5s and wifi calling is not an option. The Apple website says 5c or newer will work for wifi calling but I think that is an error. Never heard of an iPhone SE.

If I turn on airplane mode my 6s doesn't allow me to turn on wifi calling. If I turn off cellular data, I am able to enable wifi calling.

Your cell phone carrier decides whether to support WiFi calling and which devices to support WiFi calling on. The iPhone SE came out a few weeks ago.

You have to turn WiFi calling on before you go into Airplane Mode. Then when you go into Airplane mode and turn WiFi on, WiFi calling will work. Your carrier icon will change to Carrier Wi-Fi. See in the upper left of my screenshot below. Airplane Mode AT&T Wi-Fi. You don't have to enable it every time if you go in and out of Airplane Mode if you leave it on. You just can't turn it on in Airplane Mode. And in general if you are not in Airplane Mode you won't get WiFi calling unless your cell signal is weak or no cell service.

41e3dd337b81445458c512dd61090b88.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

I have used my 5s with cellular off and wifi on to call home using my Viber app. Both parties have to have Viber. My carrier is AT&T.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app