Increase in tips and suite perks

belkin

How many threads are you going to post this on?

How about sticking to the topic instead of critiquing other's posts? You spend all of your time arguing with other's opinions, questioning their motives, casting doubt on their cruising history and generally don't add much to the conversation. 17,000 non posts.

Edited by Thorncroft

Our business, if someone is unhappy, we want to know about it. We may even modify how we operate. We don't just want our other customers to tell them to go somewhere else because they are unhappy.

I didn't tell them to go anywhere else. I was agreeing with the poster that said they would be or have booked elsewhere because they are unhappy with Carnival. Their money. Their choice. And I think it makes perfect sense.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How about sticking to the topic instead of critiquing other's posts? You spend all of your time arguing with other's opinions, questioning their motives, casting doubt on their cruising history and generally don't add much to the conversation. 17,000 non posts.

It's ok, don't get mad. I would certainly compare my positive posts here to yours. Discussing opinions on topics is part of what CC is about. Oh, you did not answer the question, but never mind. Did I question your motive?

Great observation. Falls right into what I see listed up top as nuisance posts.

I didn't tell them to go anywhere else. I was agreeing with the poster that said they would be or have booked elsewhere because they are unhappy with Carnival. Their money. Their choice. And I think it makes perfect sense.

But we don't know that, do we. Some people don't mind steering change if change is made and it's not favorable to the customer.

It's ok, don't get mad. I would certainly compare my positive posts here to yours. Discussing opinions on topics is part of what CC is about. Oh, you did not answer the question, but never mind. Did I question your motive?

Two. 2. :cool:

But we don't know that, do we. Some people don't mind steering change if change is made and it's not favorable to the customer.

I? The poster I quoted said they were not booking Carnival in the future and mainly because of entertainment. Why are you giving me a hard time for agreeing with what someone else said. I didn't say it. They did.

You should book elsewhere if you are unhappy. For whatever reason. Instead of booking with Carnival then complaining. Common sense.

Wow! Didn't I just state that I was not booking with Carnival in the near future. I do have a Carnival cruise booked that I cannot cancel so I have every right to state my opinions on this forum, even if it differs from the Carnival Cheerleaders.

Wow! Didn't I just state that I was not booking with Carnival in the near future. I do have a Carnival cruise booked that I cannot cancel so I have every right to state my opinions on this forum, even if it differs from the Carnival Cheerleaders.

Of course you have a right to post who said you did not? Huh, I thought of you as always pro Carnival. I would never level anybody tho..

Wow back. Because I didn't say a single thing contrary to what you posted. I was agreeing with you. That's all. Talk about getting lost in the translation.

As far as being a cheerleader, I don't know exactly what that means. I don't blanket agree with everything Carnival does or excuse every mistake or move they make. So if the definition of one is that, then you're wrong. I also happen to agree, albeit off topic but since you mentioned it, that the entertainment can tend to be rather unappealing. Especially that silly hasbro game show stuff. But I love the product overall. And if I didn't, I would book elsewhere instead of continuing to give them my money but remain unhappy. Just like you did. I certainly was NOT disagreeing with you or telling you what to say to whom when.

Wow back. Because I didn't say a single thing contrary to what you posted. I was agreeing with you. That's all. Talk about getting lost in the translation.

As far as being a cheerleader, I don't know exactly what that means. I don't blanket agree with everything Carnival does or excuse every mistake or move they make. So if the definition of one is that, then you're wrong. I also happen to agree, albeit off topic but since you mentioned it, that the entertainment can tend to be rather unappealing. Especially that silly hasbro game show stuff. But I love the product overall. And if I didn't, I would book elsewhere instead of continuing to give them my money but remain unhappy. Just like you did. I certainly was NOT disagreeing with you or telling you what to say to whom when.

I hate when people start the name calling.

You should book elsewhere if you are unhappy.

I didn't tell them to go anywhere else.

Hate to be off topic, but both of these statements can't be true.

Hmm the poster I quoted said he booked elsewhere after their upcoming December cruise because they were unhappy with Carnival primarily because of entertainment. I was agreeing with what they said. Maybe I should have put "should" in italics or said specifically "yes I agree with you, you SHOULD book elsewhere if you are unhappy." But I figure if I quote a post agreeing with it, people would get it. Apparently not. I didn't suggest the poster go elsewhere but rather agreed with them saying they did and why.

I think in the quickness of people trying to check others on here and being quick- sometimes too quick to accuse people of being cheerleaders - that you skip right over when someone is agreeing with another poster. I had already explained what I said and why. Yet you come hours later quoting certain sections of posts that alone have no context.

So let me be clear AGAIN - if a person is unhappy with Carnival, there's absolutely nothing wrong with choosing another cruise line. I thought vote with your wallet was a mantra around here. Yet I guess you better not agree with someone when they are doing just that - otherwise you'll be accused of being a cheerleader. So yes those two statements I made can be true when you read them both in the entirety of the posts I stated them. People take snippets of things all the time and turn them into something else. It's a clever trick but that's all it is. A trick.

Hmm the poster I quoted said he booked elsewhere after their upcoming December cruise because they were unhappy with Carnival primarily because of entertainment. I was agreeing with what they said. Maybe I should have put "should" in italics or said specifically "yes I agree with you, you SHOULD book elsewhere if you are unhappy." But I figure if I quote a post agreeing with it, people would get it. Apparently not. I didn't suggest the poster go elsewhere but rather agreed with them saying they did and why.

I think in the quickness of people trying to check others on here and being quick- sometimes too quick to accuse people of being cheerleaders - that you skip right over when someone is agreeing with another poster. I had already explained what I said and why. Yet you come hours later quoting certain sections of posts that alone have no context.

So let me be clear AGAIN - if a person is unhappy with Carnival, there's absolutely nothing wrong with choosing another cruise line. I thought vote with your wallet was a mantra around here. Yet I guess you better not agree with someone when they are doing just that - otherwise you'll be accused of being a cheerleader. So yes those two statements I made can be true when you read them both in the entirety of the posts I stated them. People take snippets of things all the time and turn them into something else. It's a clever trick but that's all it is. A trick.

Funny how certain posters pop up and take things out of context.

If my math was correct I figure that with the $12.95 tip rate the room steward is getting around $4.15 per room per day. At 20 rooms that's about $83 a day for some seriously long hours. Would you do it? Probably not. Be grateful that they do.

If my math was correct I figure that with the $12.95 tip rate the room steward is getting around $4.15 per room per day. At 20 rooms that's about $83 a day for some seriously long hours. Would you do it? Probably not. Be grateful that they do.

That's per person, per room and they now claim to be doing about 35 rooms a day. That number is probably closer to $350-$400 per day, without actually breaking out my calculator. At that rate, even if they split the tips in half with a helper, that's $6000 a month apiece.

For you math whizzes, I based that on 3 to a cabin. ;)

Edited by Thorncroft

It's also a neat trick to make a statement and come back to explain it away when you're called out on it. But I'll take your word for it. And to quote Jimbo we can move on.