Ice Cream

deborahjo

John Heald has started asking questions about the "free" 24 hour ice cream over on FB. As a follower of his page I have learned that when he starts this it means nothing good for passengers.

It usually means:

1. Start charging for it.

2. Take it away totally.

3. Limit the time of access.

What do you think.

I think you are pot stirring. John asks questions all the time, today he asked several. There is no indication that ice cream and yogurt are going away. None.

You asked...

Edited by BallFour4

I was told that its actually frozen yogurt.

They have both ice cream and frozen yogurt. It states on the top of the machine which it is. I prefer the ice cream to the frozen yogurt taste wise but I think the strawberry flavour is only in the frozen yogurt.

They have both ice cream and frozen yogurt. It states on the top of the machine which it is. I prefer the ice cream to the frozen yogurt taste wise but I think the strawberry flavour is only in the frozen yogurt.

Ice "cream" is a misnomer. It's ice milk with copious amounts of chemical additives.

That's all I've seen. I love the strawberry.

icecreamingredients_zpse0cbf7fc.jpgyogurtingredients_zps1d2099e8.jpg

Carrageenan is a sea-weed derived product used to make glue and is also used as a frozen pizza topping made famous in a TV ad from the 80s "GLUUUUE?"

The yogurt comes in chocolate and vanilla as well as strawberry and is subject to availability.

Edited by sanmarcosman

John Heald has started asking questions about the "free" 24 hour ice cream over on FB. As a follower of his page I have learned that when he starts this it means nothing good for passengers.

It usually means:

2. Take it away totally.

What do you think.

OP, I agree with you totally. Given the trend of Carnival looking to cut cost in various areas, they could save money by limiting access to the soft serve and froyo. If memory serves me correctly, one of JH's quick fire questions had to do with the "pillow chocolates" before they disappeared. Your skepticism is indeed warranted.

OP, I agree with you totally. Given the trend of Carnival looking to cut cost in various areas, they could save money by limiting access to the soft serve and froyo. If memory serves me correctly, one of JH's quick fire questions had to do with the "pillow chocolates" before they disappeared. Your skepticism is indeed warranted.

You know what, you guys are on to something big. Today he mentioned 24 hour ice cream, lemon aide on Lido, trivia games, lunch on lido, coffee on lido, ice tea on lido, and anytime dining. That means they will absolutely eliminate or charge for all of these because that's what Carnival does.

Or maybe he was jut talking about these. Let me think which makes more sense....... Hmmmm

Edited by jimbo5544

Great, now John's next post is going to be "I want to set the record straight. Despite the rumors over on Cruise Critic, we are NOT going to start charging for ice cream." Lol.

Hopefully he is sleeping.......

Great, now John's next post is going to be "I want to set the record straight. Despite the rumors over on Cruise Critic, we are NOT going to start charging for ice cream." Lol.

in one of john facebook live videos, the cherry on top lets you buy/customize a sundae for about 2.00-3.50ish

Untitled_1.png

Don't worry, someone has probably already emailed him. There are no secrets in the cruising universe.

Let's hope they saved their typing, you only have so many key strokes in life.....

in one of john facebook live videos, the cherry on top lets you buy/customize a sundae for about 2.00-3.50ish

Untitled_1.png

This is something new, along the lines of Coldstone. I tried it when they had the Vista announcement in New York. Pretty good. This is hard serve ice cram and has nothing to do with the soft serve.

Well they installed a 24 hour ice cream machine in the Family Harbor Lounge on Vista so I don't see it going away. His question was in response to a lady having a hissy fit that her kids would have access to it at all times of the day and night. It's called poor parenting and nothing more.

I am sure this is just too simple, but, why doesn't that lady just tell her kids they are not allowed to eat ice cream at all times of the day and night? I guess that is what you mean by poor parenting, it is just baffling to me.

I am sure this is just too simple, but, why doesn't that lady just tell her kids they are not allowed to eat ice cream at all times of the day and night? I guess that is what you mean by poor parenting, it is just baffling to me.

Lack of parental control. An affliction worse than noro, infecting ships everywhere. There is no known cure.

Untitled_1.png

The live video was exactly why I thought it was just a question that someone had when they heard about the paid ice cream on Vista

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It usually means:

2. Take it away totally.

What do you think.

Not an apologist, but....If you follow him, you know he asks a s**t ton of questions on his Facebook page. If Carnival cut everything he asks questions about, Carnival would be a minimalist cruise by now.

The logic is flawed, but they are on a roll........

Just wait until the washcloths are gone and you're soaping up with a sock in the shower. He asked about those too, a few months ago. Surely that wasn't some random item that popped into his head that day. LOL

Just wait until the washcloths are gone and you're soaping up with a sock in the shower. He asked about those too, a few months ago. Surely that wasn't some random item that popped into his head that day. LOL

No, your right, socks are def coming

What spectacular thing does NCL do? You are a minority on the ice cream machine. It's soft serve, and always available. I'd sure miss that treat if they took it away and Ca

rnival is known for that feature.

Probably meant better ice cream..The soft serve on board is poor quality.. l