Need Help With Cabin Choice on Seaside

helen haywood

Ok Mike...please don"t kill me. Do you know what that extra bump out line is in front or 9218 to 9240? Is that an over hang?

It's not an overhang but something to do with promenade that runs around on decks 7 and 8.

I've put a RED line under what IIthink it is on the artists impression of the ship

seaside%20deck%208%20and%209.jpg

pete

Edited by Skier52

Ok Mike...please don"t kill me. Do you know what that extra bump out line is in front or 9218 to 9240? Is that an over hang?

It's exactly what Skier52(Pete) has stated above. It's part of the 360 degree outdoor promenade. Here's a video of the MSC Seaside 3d model which might help explain it a bit better.

[YOUTUBE]WPJo1snnADU[/YOUTUBE]

If you have any chance to run and run fast from ANY MSC cruise, I would do it. We just came back from our first and definitely our last MSC cruise. We have taken Holland America, Regent, Oceania, Norwegian, Royal Carribean cruises and by far MSC was the worst ever. The ships are beautiful (MSC Divina) but what a joke otherwise. Way too many people, horrible service, unfriendly staff, terrible food. This cruise line gives cruising a bad name and a poor experience for anyone other than someone who wants to spend money for an inexpensive cruise, eat mediocre food that they could get at Denny's (even Denny's is a step up). spend a week navigating through hundreds of children who are left to run wild through all the decks at all hours, be treated like you are an imposition to provide any service to and spend very little time in port to see anything. I wouldn't recommend this cruise line to my worst enemy. Avoid at all costs!!!!!:eek:

If you have any chance to run and run fast from ANY MSC cruise, I would do it. We just came back from our first and definitely our last MSC cruise. We have taken Holland America, Regent, Oceania, Norwegian, Royal Carribean cruises and by far MSC was the worst ever. The ships are beautiful (MSC Divina) but what a joke otherwise. Way too many people, horrible service, unfriendly staff, terrible food. This cruise line gives cruising a bad name and a poor experience for anyone other than someone who wants to spend money for an inexpensive cruise, eat mediocre food that they could get at Denny's (even Denny's is a step up). spend a week navigating through hundreds of children who are left to run wild through all the decks at all hours, be treated like you are an imposition to provide any service to and spend very little time in port to see anything. I wouldn't recommend this cruise line to my worst enemy. Avoid at all costs!!!!!:eek:

Thanks for your review!!!:rolleyes:

Wait, you just joined CC today and you come on here to tell me how bad MSC is and you have been on tons of other cruises? Well, how very kind of you to warn me. BTW....I have read dozens and dozens of reviews and yours makes no sense. I think I will trust the word of the kind CC'rs that have been here for many years (as have I) and have a great reputation. I am honored however that you chose ME to to be your first. Now lets see if you are a OPW. :eek:

Wait, you just joined CC today and you come on here to tell me how bad MSC is and you have been on tons of other cruises? Well, how very kind of you to warn me. BTW....I have read dozens and dozens of reviews and yours makes no sense. I think I will trust the word of the kind CC'rs that have been here for many years (as have I) and have a great reputation. I am honored however that you chose ME to to be your first. Now lets see if you are a OPW. :eek:

Kijgao6eT.jpeg

Edited by Mikesa1721

11271. Decided I'd rather just buy the beverage package and forego the Aurea experience. The available Aurea balconies weren't where I wanted to be. Of course, this far out I may change my mind! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
We just booked cabin 9249, the cabin on the end. That cabin looks so awsome becouse you also have a Aft View from that cabin...��

So, how was it? Were you able to access the elevator that was closest to your room? I know this is an old thread but hoping you are still around.

If you have any chance to run and run fast from ANY MSC cruise, I would do it. We just came back from our first and definitely our last MSC cruise. We have taken Holland America, Regent, Oceania, Norwegian, Royal Carribean cruises and by far MSC was the worst ever. The ships are beautiful (MSC Divina) but what a joke otherwise. Way too many people, horrible service, unfriendly staff, terrible food. This cruise line gives cruising a bad name and a poor experience for anyone other than someone who wants to spend money for an inexpensive cruise, eat mediocre food that they could get at Denny's (even Denny's is a step up). spend a week navigating through hundreds of children who are left to run wild through all the decks at all hours, be treated like you are an imposition to provide any service to and spend very little time in port to see anything. I wouldn't recommend this

cruise line to my worst enemy. Avoid at all costs!!!!!:eek:

Let me see if I have this right. You have cruised on Regent and Oceania but you did not book the Yacht Club on MSC because...???

Let me see if I have this right. You have cruised on Regent and Oceania but you did not book the Yacht Club on MSC because...???

LOL. I don't know if you noticed. The post you were replying to is two year's old.:p

Hi Everyone,

Just returned from 7 days on the Seaside....Loved the ship, Loved the cruise! We were Aurea in room 9058. We had extended balcony, 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs with a table. Plenty of space. We had privacy on half of our balcony from the above decks...I was not concerned at all. The partitions were not see through on the sides of the balcony and they went from end to end. We looked down on deck 8 which was the spa outside lounge area & had a great view of the ocean from anywhere on our balcony. I loved being an Aurea guest with the special privileges, use of spa all week, use of deck 19 private area, we upgraded to premium drink package for $8 pp more each day and had free use of the mini bar in the cabin, the anytime dining in private Aurea area was Fabulous, never had to wait and had great service!! If you can get a deal on Aurea....GO FOR IT!!! you won't be disappointed.