Help needed with 3 and 4 day specialty restaurant deals

Wondering if there are any discounts offered onboard for specialty restaurants?....Or should I book the three or four day specialty restaurant deal before the cruise?

Wondering if there are any discounts offered onboard for specialty restaurants?....Or should I book the three or four day specialty restaurant deal before the cruise?

I'd book the package before the cruise as there is no way to predict what (if any) discounts will be offered onboard.

• 5 months later...

Does the 4 night specialty dining package ($90 pp) include Chef's Table? There's Giovanni's, Chops Grille and Sabor. If the fourth night doesn't include Chef's Table, do you eat in one twice? Or stick with a three day?

Has anyone bought the dining package ahead of time, then asked once onboard to go to a restaurant not included? I'm thinking of buying one, but noticed Izumi Hibachi isn't included. Can one go there upon boarding and request that it be included on their package, or are they pretty hard and fast about the rules?

Has anyone bought the dining package ahead of time, then asked once onboard to go to a restaurant not included? I'm thinking of buying one, but noticed Izumi Hibachi isn't included. Can one go there upon boarding and request that it be included on their package, or are they pretty hard and fast about the rules?

We had the 3 night package this past January and Izumi Hibachi was part of the package. If you want the 2 protein dinner (steak n scallops etc) its $5.

The specialty dining package does not include Chef's Table. You can choose among the specialty restaurants and are not required to eat at all of them.

There are often onboard discounts offered for Chef's Table.

Our Specialty dining package DOES include Chef's Table. We are sailing on Oasis Dec. 18 and purchased the 3 night package. I was told the packages are ship specific and Chef's Table is included on Oasis.

Our Specialty dining package DOES include Chef's Table. We are sailing on Oasis Dec. 18 and purchased the 3 night package. I was told the packages are ship specific and Chef's Table is included on Oasis.

Please forgive me for being cynical but please let us know if that works out on board. I'm hoping it does as I would like to take advantage of it as well but unfortunately sometimes incorrect information is given out by Royal's reps and it does seem to contradict the fine print on the dining package.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

It varies but I was able to book our dining package for our March Harmony cruise Last May.

What packages were offered? We are on Harmony over Thanksgiving, and we usually but one of the packages when we board. We are terrible at planning ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please forgive me for being cynical but please let us know if that works out on board. I'm hoping it does as I would like to take advantage of it as well but unfortunately sometimes incorrect information is given out by Royal's reps and it does seem to contradict the fine print on the dining package.

Someone already posted the copy of their email confirming it on a different thread a week or two ago. It's for specific sailings only and it definitely did include chef's table.

Edited by goodml

What packages were offered? We are on Harmony over Thanksgiving, and we usually but one of the packages when we board. We are terrible at planning ahead.

We had the 3,4 and 5 night packages available for purchase beforehand. No idea what will actually offered once on board.

I saw it first on Royal web and printed the page. Later I called C&A and was offered an even better price than they had advertised. If it is not as presented I will be visiting the Food and Beverage Manager and the Hotel Manager.

I do not post my complaints or issues, I deal with them immediately on the ship. To date I have had more than satisfactory results and outstanding service as I have never been a believer in starting at bottom and working up chain of command.

Someone already posted the copy of their email confirming it on a different thread a week or two ago. It's for specific sailings only and it definitely did include chef's table.

The 3 night package I purchased included Chef's Table, 150 Central Park and Chops Grille. It was posted as $95pp and I paid $85pp. Consicering the posted prices for each restaurant it seemed like a deal to me. I originally printed the offer on 6/27/16.

Thanks! We are on the Harmony at the end of Jan and I've been able to book the pkg for several weeks now. This is our first royal cruise, so I'm just trying to wrap my head around things. It seems strange that both the chefs table and Izumi hibachi aren't on the pkg, yet royal pushes 2/1 deals across all raturwnts for the first night. Is there a discount for C and A members? On Norwegian last year, we got free specialty dining across all restaurants, which to us was a great perk. If you want to buy the pkg on board, can you do it at any restaurant or do you have to go to a special desk on the main level?

Thanks! We are on the Harmony at the end of Jan and I've been able to book the pkg for several weeks now. This is our first royal cruise, so I'm just trying to wrap my head around things. It seems strange that both the chefs table and Izumi hibachi aren't on the pkg, yet royal pushes 2/1 deals across all raturwnts for the first night. Is there a discount for C and A members? On Norwegian last year, we got free specialty dining across all restaurants, which to us was a great perk. If you want to buy the pkg on board, can you do it at any restaurant or do you have to go to a special desk on the main level?

Unfortunately there is no discount for C&A members. I'm not sure how much they are now pushing the 2/1 deals on the first night anymore since they started with these dining packages. I haven't seen a discount for night one in our last several cruises and haven't read that many reports about it being offered. It is one of those things that can vary by sailing so don't count on it bring offered. The packages may or may not be offered on board and if they are they may not offer the same packages that were offered in the cruise planner beforehand. They usually have a dining table set up in the promenade of you can go to any specialty restaurant to book.

We normally wait till we're on board to book specialty dining.

However, we recently booked a 2-night BOGO that was offered for our upcoming 5-night sailing on Navigator. $30 per person for 2 nights of specialty dining. Thought it to be a good value.

We normally wait till we're on board to book specialty dining.

However, we recently booked a 2-night BOGO that was offered for our upcoming 5-night sailing on Navigator. $30 per person for 2 nights of specialty dining. Thought it to be a good value.

Are you finding these deals in your cruise reservation under Dining?

The 3 night package I purchased included Chef's Table, 150 Central Park and Chops Grille. It was posted as $95pp and I paid $85pp. Consicering the posted prices for each restaurant it seemed like a deal to me. I originally printed the offer on 6/27/16.

How do you know which restaurants are included? When I look at my cruise planner, it list 3 or 4 night packages, but does not list which restaurants are included in the package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How do you know which restaurants are included? When I look at my cruise planner, it list 3 or 4 night packages, but does not list which restaurants are included in the package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is a special deal offered only on select cruises which is why most of us can't see it.

It is a special deal offered only on select cruises which is why most of us can't see it.

Yes. When I look for my cruise, it lists both a three night or a four night dining package, but I am not sure which of the Harmony specialty restaurants would be covered. My wife and I are not interested in Chef's Table, but we would like to try 150 Central Park, Wonderland, Izumi, and either Jamie's or Sabor. Just trying to figure out if all of these are included or not. The price at the moment is $100 per person, which seems very reasonable for 4 meals.

Yes. When I look for my cruise, it lists both a three night or a four night dining package, but I am not sure which of the Harmony specialty restaurants would be covered. My wife and I are not interested in Chef's Table, but we would like to try 150 Central Park, Wonderland, Izumi, and either Jamie's or Sabor. Just trying to figure out if all of these are included or not. The price at the moment is $100 per person, which seems very reasonable for 4 meals.

What you are seeing is the standard dining package offers. With these packages Chefs table and any dinners that include wine pairings are not included. One visit to Wonderland is included.

You select the time for the first or second day and Royal chooses the restaurant. Once on board you make your other reservations and you can change the one that Royal made for you subject to availability. For Izumi you will get a $30 credit towards your meal. All the restaurants you want to try are included however I would not use this at Sabour. As Sabour is a la carte and you get do much food you will have a hard time spending even $25pp there...best just to pay for it separately and use your package for a more expensive restaurant.

The package that you initially referred to is different than this and is only available on select sailings.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

What you are seeing is the standard dining package offers. With these packages Chefs table and any dinners that include wine pairings are not included. One visit to Wonderland is included.

You select the time for the first or second day and Royal chooses the restaurant. Once on board you make your other reservations and you can change the one that Royal made for you subject to availability. For Izumi you will get a $30 credit towards your meal. All the restaurants you want to try are included however I would not use this at Sabour. As Sabour is a la carte and you get do much food you will have a hard time spending even $25pp there...best just to pay for it separately and use your package for a more expensive restaurant.

The package that you initially referred to is different than this and is only available on select sailings.

Gotcha. We normally book the package when we board, and then book the restaurants at the same time. This is our first time having so many to choose from - usually, the package would match the number of restaurants, so one got one of each. But there are more choices on Harmony, so was not sure how it worked. Thanks.