Allure is TRACKING WHAT YOU DRINK IN DL

I also meant to say that there were no slips, so they're not tip fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, of course not. That would benefit the WORKERS, not the cruise line.

:rolleyes:

You'd be surprised. I've witnessed it on more than 1 sailing. And how, well for example I go into the DL/CL just before cocktail hour to get a coffee. Groups already have their seats and are awaiting drinks, 90 minutes later we enter the lounge, the same people are still there and are obviously 'enjoying' themselves. Still there when we leave maybe 1 hour later, and they cannot speak coherently! And I can confirm that was as recent as this Feb.

Winner!

Totally agree with you Pete we were on same Adventure TA 2 years ago as you.

you had a suite to celebrate your partners birthday and CL packed every night. Same group every night sat on right side the entire time! Note you are going on Azura soon. We have had several Caribbean cruises on her or sister ship Ventura. No drinks perks but much cheaper drinks!!

Margaret

IME Celebrity started using (requiring) paper vouchers during the nightly elite event ever since they started using paper vouchers a few years ago. Occasionally the elite lounge waiter lets it slide, but not usually. I have been told (no, I can't prove it) that each Celebrity drink voucher equals a tip amount from the cruise line for the waiter.

Thom

We've been on 3 Celebrity cruises within the past 10 months and didn't have vouchers. If you wanted a drink, you attended the nightly Elite Event where drinks were unlimited. Ships were the Solstice and Summit. On 2 of those cruises there were several hundred Elites on board so the Event was standing room only each night.

We've been on 3 Celebrity cruises within the past 10 months and didn't have vouchers. If you wanted a drink, you attended the nightly Elite Event where drinks were unlimited. Ships were the Solstice and Summit. On 2 of those cruises there were several hundred Elites on board so the Event was standing room only each night.
Seems different ships are doing this differently (no surprise). I guess IF they issue vouchers, they may be collected anywhere, but obviously if you didn't get vouchers then it is strictly the Elite party. We were on Connie in January and we had vouchers, but there was also a roped off Elite area in Reflections Lounge where vouchers were still taken. Same deal on my last two Equinox cruises. Not a deal breaker either way for me; I like chatting with people in the Elite Lounge but sometimes it is nice to pick up something at another bar. No vouchers required for a morning Bloody Mary at the Elite breakfasts:p

Thom

So for all of you Diamond/Elite experts, if you are Emerald on RCCL, you get the equivalent perks on X, my question is if our X points give us enough for Diamond on RCCL, will we get the Diamond perks? I know the points don't interchange with the cruise lines reward programs but they do give you the perks as if you had that status on their line.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

So for all of you Diamond/Elite experts, if you are Emerald on RCCL, you get the equivalent perks on X, my question is if our X points give us enough for Diamond on RCCL, will we get the Diamond perks? I know the points don't interchange with the cruise lines reward programs but they do give you the perks as if you had that status on their line.
Not sure how to answer this as you get 2 points/night in a RCI suite, and can get up to 15 points/night on X. It is not an issue of the number of point you have, as the points don't have the same value. BUT if you are Elite on X, then you have Diamond status on RCI.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Here is the equivalency:

If you are Platinum or Emerald on RC, you will be recognized as Select on Celebrity. And vice versa.

If you are Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle on RC, you will be recognized as Elite on Celebrity. And vice versa.

You can only get higher than Diamond on RC and higher than Elite on Celebrity by earning EVERY point necessary for the level. (you start from zero on the other line)

I haven't read through the entire thread and this may have already been mentioned but this could have been implemented so that they have an accurate record of what drinks have actually been served to customers and have not walked out the back door with employees. With no inventory control it would be quite easy for bottles to disappear.

With no inventory control it would be quite easy for bottles to disappear.

To where? Some DL employee is stocking the bottles in his cabin for consumption/sale later? It might sense in a land based bar, but seems unlikely on a ship.

That's the obvious part, but why?

Maybe they want to see if people are drinking in the lounge and also using their 3 coupons (maybe giving them to someone else?). Maybe they want to see if people drink more than 3 in the lounge--perhaps they may give more than 3 coupons to get people to go to other bars and alleviate the overcrowding in the DL/CL/SL. Maybe they want to know if people are really staying in the lounges for the entire happy hour (as several people have complained about here). There may be other reasons, but that's what initially comes to mind.

To where? Some DL employee is stocking the bottles in his cabin for consumption/sale later? It might sense in a land based bar, but seems unlikely on a ship.

While I'm not going to call out crew members for being naughty. Yes, yes I could see someone taking it back to their room for personal consumption. I dont think they all do it. But there are bad apples in every crowd. Crew members party harder than the rest of us sometimes!

While I'm not going to call out crew members for being naughty. Yes, yes I could see someone taking it back to their room for personal consumption. I dont think they all do it. But there are bad apples in every crowd. Crew members party harder than the rest of us sometimes!

More often than sometimes.

I was just thinking of what a deal I got on my last cruise when buying alcohol in the duty free shop aboard a ship. 2 1L bottles of Beefeater and 2 1L bottles of Smirnoff Vodka for under $50 US, each bottle has 33oz or 33 drinks at 1 oz each.

Now I am sure RC pay much less for there booze than they sell it to me so if you get 33 drinks per bottle and each bottle costs less than $10 that's like 30 cents per drink plus the mix....

I can't see them worrying about bottles/drinks going missing it must be to calculate how much revenue they are possibly losing during the 3 hour lounge access.

Edited by robandana