New Chef's Table menu posted by JH

jimbo5544

During the Platinum and Diamond party on the Glory in March I spoke to the food and beverage manager. He said they were waiting to change the menu until the Vista's inaugural sailing. The menu should be fleetwide. I'm expecting some minor changes before we sail in November.

Here it is

2a8fg8x.jpg

Do I understand that there is a menu of the CCL Chef's Table? If so it is strange, On Princess there is no menu. The Executive chef prepares his selection and it is served with a wine pairing and a description. After it is over you receive two photos and a nicely bound recipe book signed by the executive Chef and Maitre'd. It truly is a premium experience. It's called the Chef's Table Lumiere. We have sent the email to make reservations on the Ecstacy for the Chef's Table and received confirmation. I hope it is of the same quality. Anyone done both?

Do I understand that there is a menu of the CCL Chef's Table? If so it is strange, On Princess there is no menu. The Executive chef prepares his selection and it is served with a wine pairing and a description. After it is over you receive two photos and a nicely bound recipe book signed by the executive Chef and Maitre'd. It truly is a premium experience. It's called the Chef's Table Lumiere. We have sent the email to make reservations on the Ecstacy for the Chef's Table and received confirmation. I hope it is of the same quality. Anyone done both?

This is the new menu, starting on the Vista and soon to be rolled out fleet wide. I have done 5 CT's on Carnival and 1 on Oasis of the seas and all were done with a menu.

• 3 weeks later...

You can send an email to eventplanning @ carnival.com with your name, number of guests, ship, date of sailing, booking number, cabin number.

They will forward to the appropriate person on your ship, and they will get back with you directly if they have spots available , and if so a reservation confirmation.

:)

Edited by christyran1228

• 1 month later...

Probably a dumb question- but what happens if the Chef's Table Dinner ends up being on a night you have Steakhouse reservations. Will they let you cancel the Steakhouse with no penalty? How soon into the cruise will you know what night the Chef's Table dinner is scheduled for?

Is there ever a penalty for cancelling the steak house? I wouldn't think there would be an issue as long as you let them know as early as possible.

I'm afraid I don't know whether the invitation arrived the night before or the morning of (since the others were in bed when I got back to the cabin the night before).

Bear in mind that this was the inaugural sailing and they had lots of requests (not sure if they did it 2 or 3 times on that sailing).

Ours was the evening of the 2nd full day (I'm not counting the evening we sailed).

So, they didn't have much time to notify us. I don't know about the others.

Probably a dumb question- but what happens if the Chef's Table Dinner ends up being on a night you have Steakhouse reservations. Will they let you cancel the Steakhouse with no penalty? How soon into the cruise will you know what night the Chef's Table dinner is scheduled for?

No problem cancelling steakhouse.

It is the Steakhouse that actually handles the reservations for the Chef's Table so they will be well aware of the double booking. They will be able to adjust your reservation for the steakhouse. We had reservations for the Steakhouse on the first night so we asked the maitre'd if she knew when our Chef's Table was and she was able to look it up for us. Since the Vista has a special room just for the Chef's Table, they host it every night of the cruise (not sure about embarkation day though). I never heard of there being a penalty for cancelling a reservation at the Steakhouse.

I must be in the minority, but this new menu looks awful to me. There are lots of people who don't eat shellfish, lamb or pork. We did the Chef's Table on the Magic and were happy with the old menu. Saving our $$$ for extra nights in the steakhouse.

• 11 months later...
We did the Chef's Table on the Liberty five years ago. Is that considered the "old" menu? Or, where can I find out?

The one posted above is the new menu, that started on the Vista and is rolling to all Dream class ships.

I think after that they plan to move it to all other ships.

The one you did on the liberty is probably two back in terms of what is on the menu. I have tried three different ones over the years. I dont have a scan of it, but just did the Elation last month and I have seen copies of that one on this site.. you should be able to search and find it.