Transfers to/from Southampton

gb88

12 minutes ago, Skye Cairns said:

Is there a set time the transfer leaves Gatwick to get to Southampton or are there several times you can pick up a transfer.

You can take also train from Gatwick to Southampton, it takes about 2 hours.

• Like 1

Thanks for all these suggestions. We've an 11am International flight out of LHR that I have every confidence in making so we booked a car for a 730am pickup at Southampton. We'll be off early, and I have no doubt the driver will arrive early, too.

OK, time to cue the "You're crazy to cut it so close" posts. We're good with the tight connection, that's all that matters. And if we miss our flight, we'll swim to France.

7 hours ago, Peira said:

Thanks for all these suggestions. We've an 11am International flight out of LHR that I have every confidence in making so we booked a car for a 730am pickup at Southampton. We'll be off early, and I have no doubt the driver will arrive early, too.

OK, time to cue the "You're crazy to cut it so close" posts. We're good with the tight connection, that's all that matters. And if we miss our flight, we'll swim to France.

Is that a Saturday departure . You should be OK.

If a weekday, yes, you are crazy !

8 hours ago, Peira said:

We've an 11am International flight out of LHR that I have every confidence in making so we booked a car for a 730am pickup at Southampton.

You will just have to hope that the ship is not delayed arriving in Southampton. I have been onboard when the ship has not docked until 11:00 - rare occurrence I know but it can happen.

On 5/4/2016 at 10:10 AM, gb88 said:

Can someone provide information about the best way (without taking a train) to get from a London hotel to Southampton and from the ship to Heathrow airport? I noticed the Southampton Shuttle transfer, a small, shared shuttle - 67 pounds from London hotel to Southampton and 62 pounds from the port to Heathrow. Is this the best option? Does Princess offer a transfer from the ship to the airport? I couldn't find it listed anywhere on their website, not even as a shore excursion option.

Also, any ideas about getting from Heathrow to a London hotel?

We have used Princess transfers? From ship to airport (with an afternoon flight) and to London but they bring you to a central bus station. Also from airport to ship but we had a hotel the day prior for that cruise. Did you look under the flight tab on the bottom it generally shows transfers.

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

Is that a Saturday departure . You should be OK.

If a weekday, yes, you are crazy !

15 hours ago, david63 said:

You will just have to hope that the ship is not delayed arriving in Southampton. I have been onboard when the ship has not docked until 11:00 - rare occurrence I know but it can happen.

I know it's not a smart idea to book an 11am LHR flight when the ship doesn't officially allow passengers off until 7am. Delays happen, especially when you least expect it. I am holding a mid-afternoon backup flight that I can cancel once we're at the airport and checked in for our 11am flight. It's more than 4x the cost of the 11am flight, so I'm hoping we don't need to take it.

6 hours ago, Peira said:

I know it's not a smart idea to book an 11am LHR flight when the ship doesn't officially allow passengers off until 7am. Delays happen, especially when you least expect it. I am holding a mid-afternoon backup flight that I can cancel once we're at the airport and checked in for our 11am flight. It's more than 4x the cost of the 11am flight, so I'm hoping we don't need to take it.

You still haven't said which day of the week you are disembarking. 

Just to add, that the cut off time for entering the security area is 35 minutes prior your flight. So you will need to have checked in your luggage and be at the security entrance by 10:25 am at the latest.

Edited by wowzz

On 3/1/2023 at 11:35 AM, Skye Cairns said:

Is there a set time the transfer leaves Gatwick to get to Southampton or are there several times you can pick up a transfer.

There will be multiple buses.

If you are arriving on embarkation day, you provide the flight information and Princess will know about what time you will be there to board the next available bus.

When I have arrived before embarkation day, I just pick a flight & arrival time to input that matches when I would like to leave for the ship and bears no relation to when I really arrived.

If you use EZAir for a flight that arrives before embarkation day, then Princess knows when you arrived and I just show up at the airport about the time I would like to leave for the ship.

Of course pick times that are practical, not too early as buses likely do not start before 9 AM and not too late as the last bus will be a couple of hours before check-in ends.

• Like 1