Celebrity S Class Secrets

SheriffJoe

Post all your secret Celebrity and S Class secrets here...and THATS ALL I'm gonna say about that......:p

You did much better this time, and that's all I'm gonna say about that :)

Here's to the discussion of S-Class Secrets !

Find the secret stairway....

For me, one of my favorites is the Solarium. I am a former melanoma patient and go there early in the morning. One of my family is always at our seats except when we are in the pool. If I want a cup of coffee or other drink I can get it in there from the Aqua Spa Cafe. I just put my IPOD on or read on my Kindle and don't worry about getting burned.

Edited by dkjretired

Post all your secret Celebrity and S Class secrets here...and THATS ALL I'm gonna say about that......:p

Thanks for the second go round - and that's all I'm going to say about that!!

As soon as I recompile all the info about the connecting staterooms, I'll post it again. :D

There are always free drinks on Deck 13, regardless of one's Captain's Club status or stateroom category.

I'll meet you there for a drink next time out paths cross!

Edited by MarKay525

I have found that Sky Observation lounge is usually not that crowded for sail-aways and can be a quiet spot to enjoy a drink while leaving port.

Solstice Deck is "usually" the last place for loungers to fill up in case you are looking for a sunny spot. Same with the loungers near the basketball court but you have to fade the noise.

I also like the Spa Veranda just off the fitness center for a nice view but no chairs.

If you are in a fairly industrial port (like Limon, Costa Rica) and enjoy watching the action involved in loading and unloading cargo ships, the Sky Observation Lounge is an excellent location for that also.

It's also a great place for a quiet rest after a tiring excursion as there are few activities in the lounge on a port day.

I used to think the same thing and then someone on this board mentioned that there is nothing on the web site or the brochures that says Relaxation room is exclusive to Aqua Class. I couldn't find anything after researching it, if someone can find something I'd appreciate it.

We stayed in Aqua on the Silhouette in March of 2015 and I used the relaxation room a few times (without a corresponding spa treatment) I also visited the Reflection relaxation room in January of this year. No signs posted and nothing online that states it is exclusive for spa treatment users or Aqua passengers. I will also note that it was never crowded and loungers were always available.

Anyone know if you can get a Bloody Mary or a Mimosa in Blu at breakfast?

We didn't ask last time but I am sure I read somewhere on here you can?

I see buffet breakfast you can get one - but where would the bar be for Blu in the morning?

We will be sailing on the Equinox in November and do not want to eat at the buffet upon embarkation. We usually go to Bistro on Five, but are not interested if it is sushi.

We are not in CC class, so the MDR is a no-go. Anyone got any great ideas for a slightly less crowded and somewhat quiet place to go?

We will be sailing on the Equinox in November and do not want to eat at the buffet upon embarkation. We usually go to Bistro on Five, but are not interested if it is sushi.

We are not in CC class, so the MDR is a no-go. Anyone got any great ideas for a slightly less crowded and somewhat quiet place to go?

Wait until the cabins are cleared at 1pm - order room service and enjoy a peaceful lunch on your balcony :)

Wait until the cabins are cleared at 1pm - order room service and enjoy a peaceful lunch on your balcony :)

Do not believe Room service starts operating until after the muster drill.

You can still get a burger and fries at the grill and Aqua Spa Cafe is also open. If you haven't eaten there, the buffet's on S class ships are very nicely set up. Go to the back and get a steak.

Edited by dkjretired

Aqua Spa Cafe serves breakfast and lunch during very limited hours. If you eat there every day, you will avoid the buffet coma weight gain. :D

For lunch I choose 2 dishes and that seems to be just the right amount of food.

If you are on late dining, go to Windjammer in the early evening for a few sushi rolls.

There are bar snacks at Martini bar and Ensemble (nuts and rice crackers).

Il Bacio has lovely pastries and cookies and you don't need to order a drink to get them.

There are daily mini-newspapers at the purser's desk.

You can do all kinds of things with your stateroom tv!

You can look on Celebrity.com for free in the i-lounge.

Tuscan Grill is still great value for a specialty restaurant.

On Reflection there is a hilarious/fascinating piece of art near Blu that has a video embedded of a guy building a fire. Someone posted a clip of it here but did not post all of it and I was so happy for that, after I watched it on board.

Do not believe Room service starts operating until after the muster drill.

You can still get a burger and fries at the grill and Aqua Spa Cafe is also open. If you haven't eaten there, the buffet's on S class ships are very nicely set up. Go to the back and get a steak.

I'm pretty sure you are correct and besides with the luggage delivery going on and a busy turnaround day they aren't going to want to do room service.

Phil

Anyone know if you can get a Bloody Mary or a Mimosa in Blu at breakfast?

We didn't ask last time but I am sure I read somewhere on here you can?

I see buffet breakfast you can get one - but where would the bar be for Blu in the morning?

Yes you can. Just order it from your waiter or the guy coming around with juice. The Tuscan Grill, where they host the elite coffee house breakfast, serves them so they might have to pop over there to get them but it is very close by. They will have no problem getting one for you.

Also, regarding room service at embarkation -- it is not available until that evening.

Yes you can. Just order it from your waiter or the guy coming around with juice. The Tuscan Grill, where they host the elite coffee house breakfast, serves them so they might have to pop over there to get them but it is very close by. They will have no problem getting one for you.

Also, regarding room service at embarkation -- it is not available until that evening.

Thanks for that! Cannot fathom why on a 14 night cruise we didn't once ask for a BM or a Mimosa! :eek:

I guess it was a different line I have experienced embarkation day room service - probably one that is a 3 port loop - or a butler suite - cant remember.

I tend to be a "high as a kite at the bar" kinda person so not big on first day eats hah!

Many thanks!