NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

The new Suite Amenities includes "Exclusive Club Class Dining in the main dining room for dinner every day as well as breakfast and lunch on sea days." While not a separate dining room it is a separate section of a dining room. Also listed is "Complementary specialty dining mimosa breakfast (Daily)."

The "Complementary specialty dining mimosa breakfast (Daily)" is not a new suite amenity. It is the Sabatini's breakfast that has been available for suites. The revised wording is because it is in the Crown Grill in those ships that have replaced Sabatini's with Share.

Looking at the Alaska 2017 pricing the Club level mini-suites are only priced, for the cruise I looked at, $166 less than a Vista Suite. For us that is too high of a premium over the regular price of a mini-suite. For an extra $166 each we would be in a real suite.

The "Complementary specialty dining mimosa breakfast (Daily)" is not a new suite amenity. It is the Sabatini's breakfast that has been available for suites. The revised wording is because it is in the Crown Grill in those ships that have replaced Sabatini's with Share.

It says breakfast in the main dining room. That doesn't mean SHARE or Crown Grill or Sabatini's. It says, plain as day, that the suite breakfast will now be served in the MDR. Special suite breakfast in a separate special venue is now a thing of the past, according to the statement.

I know that part is not new but just reworded because of the loss of Sabatini's on several ships. I included it because full suites apparently have two choices for breakfast on sea days, the reserved section of the DR or a specialty restaurant. That seems confusing [emoji32] Edited by IECalCruiser

It says breakfast in the main dining room. That doesn't mean SHARE or Crown Grill or Sabatini's. It says, plain as day, that the suite breakfast will now be served in the MDR. Special suite breakfast in a separate special venue is now a thing of the past, according to the statement.
Not so. Full suite passengers have the option of eating breakfast in the reserved section of the DR on sea days with the Club Class mini's or they can have a daily specialty dining mimosa breakfast. Edited by IECalCruiser

I read it to mean the same, but I guess we'll see.

This is what is says under "complementary" for suites.....no change:

Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast (Daily)**

Plain as day.

Yes. But it doesn't say where. This is the confusing part. Both the mini clubs and the full suites will have a dedicated MDR place to have meals, including breakfast on sea days. It could be read that the full suite guests also get breakfast (with mimosa) everyday but in the dedicated MDR place where they would also eat on sea days. If the issue were just that SHARE took Sabatini's, they could easily have said "daily in a specialty restaurant" without specifying which one. They don't say where this full suite breakfast will happen--except on the Sun class ships where it says the breakfast will be served "in the suite." Has this always been the case with those ships, that they don't serve the full suite breakfast in a specialty restaurant?

The only way anyone will know for sure is when it happens. I think Princess is being deliberately vague about this (and I may give them too much credit for that) so as not to upset the full suite guests too much as they begin to offer some of their former benefits to this new club class of minis. I guess we'll see.

It clearly says "Specialty Dining" and Daily. The reason is doesn't say Sabatini's is that it's not on all the ships anymore.

On sea days, you will have a choice. Specialty dining is NOT in a MDR.

Edited by Murphey

It clearly says "Specialty Dining" and Daily. The reason is doesn't say Sabatini's is that it's not on all the ships anymore.

On sea days, you will have a choice. Specialty dining is NOT in a MDR.

I guess we'll see.

They do? I never realized this, unless you're referring to their suite cabin as a dining section.

Sorry, me and my dyslectic fingers goofed, what I intend to say was, 'full suite pax already enjoy a seperate dining venue for breakfast'.:o

If they list them under the suite category then it should also give 2 cruise credits.

Apparently the new category does give you 2 cruise credits because it is showing up that way in our cruise personalizer for our cruise on the Regal in Feb. 2017 . I originally thought it was an error but maybe not:confused:

Edited by BarbaraP

We are sailing on the Island next Feb. in a suite so I called and talked to a Princess rep and asked if the breakfast in Sabatini's will still be available and they said yes it would be. I guess we will find out for sure on board. Bob fr TX

It's so confusing in how they are listing these premium minis on the website. They now have the regular minis still listed in their own category (same as before), but now they are listing these premium minis in the suite category. I guess I thought they'd leave the premium minis in the mini category or would create a separate category for the club minis, like what Celebrity does with the Aqua class listing

I think it's misleading to list these minis as suites.

I read the language the same way shredie does, but I don't see as it makes a real difference as they can change the program at their whim and none of it would stop there being a loud outcry if they messed with the breakfast/specialty restaurant perk.

I read the language the same way shredie does, but I don't see as it makes a real difference as they can change the program at their whim and none of it would stop there being a loud outcry if they messed with the breakfast/specialty restaurant perk.

That's true.

Sorry, me and my dyslectic fingers goofed, what I intend to say was, 'full suite pax already enjoy a seperate dining venue for breakfast'.:o

With the changes coming about I though they started something new for the full suites.....not that it would affect me in the slightest. ;)

Apparently the new category does give you 2 cruise credits because it is showing up that way in our cruise personalizer for our cruise on the Regal in Feb. 2017 . I originally thought it was an error but maybe not:confused:

Only showing up as one credit for each of us on the Grand for April 2017.

49er

I was just looking at a "Live" from the current 1-day repo from Vancouver to Seattle on the Ruby. The DaVinci DR on Fiesta deck 6 is usually early TD/late ATD but it is now listed as "Early Seating Enhanced Dining/late ATD. The Michelangelo DR is ATD all evening and the Botticelli DR is TD all evening.

I was just looking at a "Live" from the current 1-day repo from Vancouver to Seattle on the Ruby. The DaVinci DR on Fiesta deck 6 is usually early TD/late ATD but it is now listed as "Early Seating Enhanced Dining/late ATD. The Michelangelo DR is ATD all evening and the Botticelli DR is TD all evening.

That's interesting. No overflow early TD then.

I am wondering if the quality of the breakfast will go down if the "Enhanced" breakfast is served in the MDR>

Breakfast in Sabatini's is prepared and served from the Sabatini Galley.

On port days when we ordered full breakfast in our suite, it must

have come from the main galley because the scrambled eggs were horrible as if they sat on a steam table for 15 minutes.

I am wondering if the quality of the breakfast will go down if the "Enhanced" breakfast is served in the MDR>

Breakfast in Sabatini's is prepared and served from the Sabatini Galley.

On port days when we ordered full breakfast in our suite, it must

have come from the main galley because the scrambled eggs were horrible as if they sat on a steam table for 15 minutes.

If the information is correct, the "Enhanced" DR breakfast is only available on sea day for full suites and club class. Sabatini's or other specialty dining mimosa breakfast is for full suites only and is available on port and sea days.

I fully agree with you that the breakfast in a full suite is not very good. The omelettes were watery, not under cooked egg but water, and luke warm. The breakfast sandwichs was no better, once again being luke warm at best with soggy English muffins. Both of those foods must have sat on a steam table for a long time and then on a tray waiting for delivery.

Edited by IECalCruiser