NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

I still wondering if it will slow down the regular service in the AT dining room. It will mean that they have to reserve a certain number of tables all the time for their Club passengers. Normally they don't take reservations during the most busy times but now those tables will be out of action all the time.

As much as I don't like traditional, I seriously think I'm going to switch back to it if things get to bogged down.

Time will tell.

Actually, Princess does take reservations during the most busy times for passengers in suites. If the dining room opens at 5:30, a suite passenger can make a reservation for 6:30. Since they cannot turn a table around in an hour, they will leave the table empty for an hour waiting for the suite passenger with a reservation. If the number of Club mini-suites is equal to the number of suites, then the number of passengers who will receive special treatment will be doubled. But the special treatment is already there for passengers in suites.

This special treatment is not visible to other passengers, since the suite passengers sit in the same area as other passengers and, if they ask to share, share tables with other passengers.

Actually, Princess does take reservations during the most busy times for passengers in suites. If the dining room opens at 5:30, a suite passenger can make a reservation for 6:30. Since they cannot turn a table around in an hour, they will leave the table empty for an hour waiting for the suite passenger with a reservation. If the number of Club mini-suites is equal to the number of suites, then the number of passengers who will receive special treatment will be doubled. But the special treatment is already there for passengers in suites.

This special treatment is not visible to other passengers, since the suite passengers sit in the same area as other passengers and, if they ask to share, share tables with other passengers.

That has not always been the case for us. On at least one cruise we were not able to book ATD between 6:00 and 7:30 even though we were in a suite.

Sounds as though it's going to be slow service in the AT DR at the expense of most of us. :( Unless you line up at 5 PM & avoid the crowd that will be standing around with beepers.

My one concern is the arrangements for seating in the dining room. Most cabins (including suites and mini-suites) contain only two passengers. Will this now require a slew of tables for just two? (Good luck with that) Can you imagine all the tables for two only 6 inches away from the couple on both sides of you? If using the ATD dining rooms, it doesn't seem likely there will be many offers/requests for "sharing" tables, or will there?

I had the same thoughts.

I still wondering if it will slow down the regular service in the AT dining room. It will mean that they have to reserve a certain number of tables all the time for their Club passengers. Normally they don't take reservations during the most busy times but now those tables will be out of action all the time.

As much as I don't like traditional, I seriously think I'm going to switch back to it if things get to bogged down.

Time will tell.

Yes, time will tell but I see no way that an exclusive section in an AT dining room for Club Class passengers will not adversely affect other passengers being seated...no way. :(

The latest news from Celebrity is that they are switching the Traditional and Anytime sections of the MDR. As they "stole" space for Blu and now Luminae, the remaining MDR areas became unequal. They are now giving Anytime the larger area and shrinking Traditional into the smaller one. Princess may also have to make some such rearrangement if the roped-off area impacts one more than the other.

The response to this news has been very interesting and somewhat entertaining to read.

On the one hand, I can appreciate that some have reservations about the reported changes. On the other, I think it's part and parcel of the times. The competitive landscape out there in the travel industry has always (more now than ever) catered for the distinction between classes and cruising has definitely been playing the same game. It was only a matter of when and not if.

Cruise lines want to remain relevant. It's no different to flying business or first class and receiving preferential boarding, seating, your own dedicated restroom, a bar, better food and if you're paying extra for the privilege then why not?

I along with the majority hope that it doesn't have a resultant negative effect for the non-club class cruisers out there. Time will tell, as with most things. Speculation is definitely entertaining but it seems like a few here are really quite emotionally charged about changes that are so far out.

Just go with the flow, people. I'm sure it'll all work out. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change is hard, don't think in the long run this change will make much difference.

If one wants to pay more for Club Class go for it.

Otherwise, we seem to have lots options, the MDR, AD, the buffet, the Crown Grill, etc.

I for one will continue to book a forward mini suite as I have always done and mostly will add more nights in the Crown Grill and be very happy.

Bring wine on board and pay corking.

Happy Cruising.

Change is hard, don't think in the long run this change will make much difference.

If one wants to pay more for Club Class go for it.

Otherwise, we seem to have lots options, the MDR, AD, the buffet, the Crown Grill, etc.

I for one will continue to book a forward mini suite as I have always done and mostly will add more nights in the Crown Grill and be very happy.

Bring wine on board and pay corking.

Happy Cruising.

Terrific attitude!

]I still wondering if it will slow down the regular service in the AT dining room.[/b] It will mean that they have to reserve a certain number of tables all the time for their Club passengers. Normally they don't take reservations during the most busy times but now those tables will be out of action all the time.

As much as I don't like traditional' date=' I seriously think I'm going to switch back to it if things get to bogged down.

Time will tell.[/quote']

I can see that happening.....:(:(:(

Bob

Just home from the Baltic's trip on the Regal. We always get a mini for the the space and had a chance for a huge OS this trip. Not impressed with the suite life on Princess. Loved the cabin but guess that was it. Nothing special otherwise. Crew were great the same as they were for us every other cruise. Special lounge was a joke as far as we were concerned. Guess it may have been us. We are quiet laid back folk's who want a peaceful vacation. Our cabin steward was very nice he got us main dining menu when we asked and was helpful with any questions.

Don't believe we will bother with any mini club type cabin upgrade. Just doesn't seem to be worth the price for us. Like a suite with Princess nothing special unless you hold a blue card which would make a difference for you.

Just home from the Baltic's trip on the Regal. We always get a mini for the the space and had a chance for a huge OS this trip. Not impressed with the suite life on Princess. Loved the cabin but guess that was it. Nothing special otherwise. Crew were great the same as they were for us every other cruise. Special lounge was a joke as far as we were concerned. Guess it may have been us. We are quiet laid back folk's who want a peaceful vacation. Our cabin steward was very nice he got us main dining menu when we asked and was helpful with any questions.

Don't believe we will bother with any mini club type cabin upgrade. Just doesn't seem to be worth the price for us. Like a suite with Princess nothing special unless you hold a blue card which would make a difference for you.

Welcome home! Did you make it to the specialty restaurant for the suite breakfast? Or did you use the complimentary laundry? We think those are two of the more valuable suite perks, especially the laundry for longer cruises.

Edited by RJ2002

So have they included any of the 4 person mini's in the club class? At least there would be an option for families to take one room instead of a mini + an interior or 2 minis if they want to have dinner with the kids. Maybe they aren't the demographic being targeted?

I just realized this morning that they might treat the club class dining like sabatini's breakfast. We are not allowed to bring other people in our party. We are bringing one of our children and my sister-in-law on our next cruise but they will be in a regular room. Either interior or balcony. Not likely a mini-suite even though it hasn't been decided yet. If they are not able to dine with us even though they are in our party we are going to completely miss out on this new perk.

I just realized this morning that they might treat the club class dining like sabatini's breakfast. We are not allowed to bring other people in our party. We are bringing one of our children and my sister-in-law on our next cruise but they will be in a regular room. Either interior or balcony. Not likely a mini-suite even though it hasn't been decided yet. If they are not able to dine with us even though they are in our party we are going to completely miss out on this new perk.

I'm sorry but they already state that there is no visitors allowed in the Club Dining area. Those who wish to dine with others will have to use the MDR or other facilities :(

This has been part of one of the issues people have highlighted with the Club Class in this thread.

Welcome home! Did you make it to the specialty restaurant for the suite breakfast? Or did you use the complimentary laundry? We think those are two of the more valuable suite perks, especially the laundry for longer cruises.

Used laundry twice which was nice but only went for the breakfast once. They were not open early enough for this trip as our tours started early. I asked and was told to use room service but would be charged for mimosas which I didn't order the day we went. Did like having dinner in the cabin at 9PM after a long day in Germany.

Will wait and see what happens with the upgraded mini's. Thanks to CC we get all types of opinions to get an idea if we want to try something. Then of course try for ourselves as not everything is for everybody that's the beauty of cruising so many choices.

Used laundry twice which was nice but only went for the breakfast once. They were not open early enough for this trip as our tours started early. I asked and was told to use room service but would be charged for mimosas which I didn't order the day we went. Did like having dinner in the cabin at 9PM after a long day in Germany.

Will wait and see what happens with the upgraded mini's. Thanks to CC we get all types of opinions to get an idea if we want to try something. Then of course try for ourselves as not everything is for everybody that's the beauty of cruising so many choices.

I do wish Sabatini's would open earlier on port days. We have had the same situation of having to forego the nice breakfast because of an early tour.

I do wish Sabatini's would open earlier on port days. We have had the same situation of having to forego the nice breakfast because of an early tour.

Room service will serve you anything Sabitini would have since it's suites that have that perk.

Room service will serve you anything Sabitini would have since it's suites that have that perk.

Understood, and have done that. But the delivery and temperature quality is much better in the restaurant.

I've unfortunately fell victim to this as well:(. One saving grace for us is we like cruises with a lot of sea days.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Understood, and have done that. But the delivery and temperature quality is much better in the restaurant.

Correct, the scrambled eggs were edible but much better at Sabatinis.

However, they did deliver promptly at 06:30 am on each of our four port days in Hawaii (I just circled the 06:30 on the card instead of placing an "x" in the 06:30 - 07:00 time slot).

640x360-hawaii_cruise_april_2016_1054.jpg.91832d4102baaf4d8e84a2cf2c7394bc.jpg

Room service in suites serves from the full MDR menu - not from the Sabatini's menu. Also the full MDR menu is only available during the hours the MDR is open.

We have a 1/29/17 booked on Regal in MA bump out - I wonder if we will we automatically be in Club Class? The other unsold MA's are now Club Class

There are aprox. 28 full suites and 28 mini's that qualify for club class dinning on the Ruby style ships. Thats not that many unless they expand it more. Aprox. 100 give or take a few people. That's a 100 seats that are open in the MDR. There's still the same number of people eating in total. If the seating is divided up correctly nothing will change. We do any time dinning and usually head down just after 7pm and have never waited anymore then about 5 to 10 minutes for a 2 top table with chairs, not the bench style. We just get a beeper and go have a drink. Most times we just get our drink and the beeper is going off. If the club class meal is better then the MDR it may also free up reservations for the Crown Grill. I can't see this impacting things that much to worry about it.

There are aprox. 28 full suites and 28 mini's that qualify for club class dinning on the Ruby style ships. Thats not that many unless they expand it more. Aprox. 100 give or take a few people. That's a 100 seats that are open in the MDR. There's still the same number of people eating in total. If the seating is divided up correctly nothing will change. We do any time dinning and usually head down just after 7pm and have never waited anymore then about 5 to 10 minutes for a 2 top table with chairs, not the bench style. We just get a beeper and go have a drink. Most times we just get our drink and the beeper is going off. If the club class meal is better then the MDR it may also free up reservations for the Crown Grill. I can't see this impacting things that much to worry about it.

The primary difference is that they are committing to no or little wait. That means that there must be empty seats available or near to be available at all times. In order to meet that commitment they must have a higher ratio of seats available for that 100+ passengers then normal. Consequently the ratio of seats per passenger for the rest will have to go down by some degree. We won't know for sure how much and its impact until we see the implementation.