NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

This to me is quite irritating since they are now going to take away from the AT dining room so that the "Club Class" diners can arrive at any time to a table & be seated immediately- as I understand it. Yes, I realize that they're paying for the privilege but as an Elite person with many dozens & of cruises, it means nothing to Princess.

The way things are today I am clearly against making standing reservations at this time for the AT dining room but if I find that with the new "Club Class" is taking away from the seating & service I'll have to rethink my decision & may go back to making a standing reservation to be on level with the "Club Class" diners. (at least with seating time).

We will see.

I just changed from AT dining to T dining at 6pm. I don't want to deal with all this Club Class ??????. At our table of 8 we are all Elite Members just not sure if Princess's cares any more ??

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Everything old is new again. I predicted a return to an onboard class system to increase revenue eventually. They won't call it "First Class", but that is what it amounts to.

Princess may not call it "First Class", But will they treat everyone else as Second Class passengers?? :eek: :eek:

Tony

Princess may not call it "First Class", But will they treat everyone else as Second Class passengers?? :eek: :eek:

Tony

Good question! In the old days of multi-class sailings, classes were separated, with each having its own dining and other public rooms. So if you were a second-class passenger, you ate in the second-class dining room. You didn't have to wait for a table in "your" section, while first-class passengers were seated right away at tables being held for them in the same room. You were dining in separate rooms to begin with. But today's ships aren't configured that way, at least for now.

It will be interesting to see how what amounts to two classes sharing an MDR, at least for ATD, with tables being held for some, plays out.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

I've heard the theory that we cost Princess more and spend less onboard.

Perhaps, but if Princess didn't want Elite guests they could easily do way with the loyalty program.

I assume they use a two-part approach, retain a built-in clientele that can be counted on to fill a percentage of a voyage, but also work on attracting new, younger passengers that may be more profitable.

This strategy should be sustainable if conducted correctly.

Perhaps, but if Princess didn't want Elite guests they could easily do way with the loyalty program.

I assume they use a two-part approach, retain a built-in clientele that can be counted on to fill a percentage of a voyage, but also work on attracting new, younger passengers that may be more profitable.

Agreed. It's important to keep the rising generation happy too, for now and later. Thus the changes on the ships coming out of drydock, including the unlimited internet plans. You can't tell people to hit logout keys these days, they want to be online constantly (and I concur).

Edited by Wehwalt

I really agree with you, Scott. I do not believe Princess wants to "do away" with Elite guests. We are actually the backbone of their cruising. I believe the new Club Class is a means for non-Elite to enjoy some of the Elite perks. Elite passengers have paid dearly for that status, and Princess seems to have a grasp of that concept.

Tony

Do you feel like a Second Class passenger now because Suites get a special breakfast and a free dinner the first night?

Seems bizarre to me people rapidly changing their travel plans based on something that has not even been started yet - so they have a small section of dining room - big deal - good lord are there not bigger problems out there? - get over it and enjoy your vacation -

Are they not offering the new beds for the New Class as well. That's what my

notice said that they sent me as my mini suite was upgraded to M1.

Happy Travels

I really do not understand the "new bed" concept. I believe the "new beds" have already been in place on the Ruby since last January. They are a very dreamy bed, by the way!!

Seems bizarre to me people rapidly changing their travel plans based on something that has not even been started yet - so they have a small section of dining room - big deal - good lord are there not bigger problems out there? - get over it and enjoy your vacation -

I've got no problem with Princess treating them with better service & a better menu, but when they hold a section of the AT dining room for them to arrive whenever the mood strikes them, that bothers me. Holding seats for people that pay the price that can only mean slowing down things for the rest of us.

It'll prove interesting to see how long the waits are now going to be when they hand out beepers for people that arrive between 6:16 & 8 PM.

Maybe they can hold some reserved seats for them in the show lounge also.:rolleyes:

I've got no problem with Princess treating them with better service & a better menu, but when they hold a section of the AT dining room for them to arrive whenever the mood strikes them, that bothers me. Holding seats for people that pay the price that can only mean slowing down things for the rest of us.

It'll prove interesting to see how long the waits are now going to be when they hand out beepers for people that arrive between 6:16 & 8 PM.

Maybe they can hold some reserved seats for them in the show lounge also.:rolleyes:

As someone who sails in suites, that would be a great idea :D

Holding seats for people that pay the price that can only mean slowing down things for the rest of us.

Celebrity carved out TWO private restaurants with separate menus in the MDR for Suite and Aqua class passengers about two years ago. It appears that it hasn't slowed down anything in the MDR as a result. Celebrity has a much better Anytime dining system and organization than Princess.

Celebrity has reserved seats in the front of the Theater for Suite guests. They hold these seats until 15 minutes before showtime and then release them for first come, first served. It doesn't seem to cause any problems. I prefer seats in the back of the Theater so I can leave without fanfare if I don't like the show.

But isn't anytime dining about arriving when the mood strikes you?

Celebrity carved out TWO private restaurants with separate menus in the MDR for Suite and Aqua class passengers about two years ago. It appears that it hasn't slowed down anything in the MDR as a result. Celebrity has a much better Anytime dining system and organization than Princess.

Celebrity has reserved seats in the front of the Theater for Suite guests. They hold these seats until 15 minutes before showtime and then release them for first come, first served. It doesn't seem to cause any problems. I prefer seats in the back of the Theater so I can leave without fanfare if I don't like the show.

The Celebrity MDR has gotten much more crowded and noisier since they made the changes. Space between tables is considerably tighter.

On the recent Celebrity ships I have been on they save the center section of the balcony. Have not seen a Celebrity ship where they save seats in the front of the lower section. What ship do they do that on?