NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

No they don't have any traditional at all. The main dining room is for Anytime Dining plus of course the Terrace Cafe (buffet during the day) which they convert into Waves Grill in the evening. Then there are the four speciality restaurants which you need to book, but are gratis. Every night that we went to the Main Dining Room on that long cruise, we were shown immediately to a table. They have loads of tables for 2, 4, 6 and 8 so you had an excellent choice. :)

Jennie

It sounds reminiscent of the old Renaissance Line which we loved. Anytime dining and two specialty restaurants (Steakhouse and Italian) which were included. It spread everyone out. Maybe it's time we try Azumara. Hate to give up my free laundry tho. ;)

Surprising info about Cunard!

Edited by Murphey

On the Emerald Princess for our cruise in January, there are 28 Mini Suites offered for Club Class. Together with the 24 suites, it really isn't a lot of people to cater for, considering that the ship holds over 3000 passengers. Jennie

Agree! It's really not that many people for Club Class Dining so should be no problem whatsoever.

We're looking forward to giving the Club Class Mini Suites a try! :)

• 1 month later...

I had booked a mini suite for the December 10th, 2016 back in February, and I just found out about the club class and put my name in for a possible upgrade and it just came through. I look forward to trying the club class dining as a chance to see if dining and benefits are any better than my previous experience on two prior cruise on the Crown.

I'll post an update on the thread when the cruise is completed.

We know that Club Class rolls-out on Ruby 12/10 - posts have requested feed-back from that cruise about CC - hopefully we'll get first-hand facts & opinions from those aboard Ruby. In the meantime - boilerplate details/perks of CC have been clearly spelled out at the Princess website - mostly Suite/Elite type perks plus CC dining. We also know that CC dining will be in a separate area of a Traditional Dining Room. What we do not know is how the actual CC dining process will work - is it a fixed dining time, flex-time, same table, same wait staff, etc? Recently I called our Princess CVP for more info for our Feb 2017 Regal CC cruises (they) had no more info than what we all know so far - except to suggest that CC dining may be handled on a ship-by-ship basis. With an early December Ruby CC roll-out surely someone at Princess has answers - may help with future booking decisions. Hopefully - reports back from Ruby will provide answers.

shredie And how do we know this? Have the dining rooms to be used been announced?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No - not aware of any Princess announcements/publications with specific by ship, by dining room designations for CC dining. However in talks with Princess Santa Clarita, CA (SoCal) they confirm Club Class Dining will be assigned to the Traditional Dining Rooms e.g.- Caribbean Princess Palm MDR (aft), Regal Princess Concerto MDR (mid), etc, etc. Certainly does make sense - since as posted - there are only a relatively small number of Club Class passengers (CC & Suite) that may well work better in the TRAD MDR venue area - while Anytime Dining usually has capacity in two additional dining rooms. For now - we need to wait & see.

The relatively small extra perk ("exclusive" dining) wouldn't be enough for me to spend extra $$.

As stated above Crown Grill every evening would probably be a better buy.

I agree. We don't use the MDR very often at all. Now if they offered MDR menu in your cabin then count me in!

OCruisers - Club Class Dining could be a big reason

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Understand your point. We were already booked in a Regal B2B Cat MA when those cabins transitioned to M1 Club Class with an introductory 40% cruise fare increase. Considering all the on-board dining options it's hard to believe the CC Dining experience alone for Elite passengers is worth the extra big bucks. Princess agrees & we will experience for ourselves Feb 2017. Just booked a 2018 cruise - Cat M1 compared to Cat MB (next door cabin location) is up only 26% over published fares - but that's still a bunch of bucks for CC dining alone - we went for the MB. But - that's what's great about cruising - there's lots of cabin choices and cost levels to fit individual needs.

The relatively small extra perk ("exclusive" dining) wouldn't be enough for me to spend extra $$.

As stated above Crown Grill every evening would probably be a better buy.

Was wondering if anyone would be willing to pay $1150.00 per person for the same mini suite you occupied prior to April 2017 to get a club class mini suite. Sound to me Princess is just ripping of the mini suite customers. A mid ship mini suite on deck 9 just went up $1150.00 per person, and what do you get Fri $2300.00, a half bottle of red and white wine, a special set in the dinning room with dedicated waiters, IMHO, sorry that's just a rip off

Was wondering if anyone would be willing to pay $1150.00 per person for the same mini suite you occupied prior to April 2017 to get a club class mini suite. Sound to me Princess is just ripping of the mini suite customers. A mid ship mini suite on deck 9 just went up $1150.00 per person, and what do you get Fri $2300.00, a half bottle of red and white wine, a special set in the dinning room with dedicated waiters, IMHO, sorry that's just a rip off

Some will say it's only money and it's worth it because now we won't have to sit and dine with the common people. I said this as a joke but you never know :).

Tony

So Club Class dining will now be exactly like regular dining was 5-10 years ago!! :rolleyes:

So true. Was on Sitmar Fairwind for our honeymoon in 1988. All the things Princess took away and is now wanting to charge more for were standard back then, save for the beds. Even Princess in 2000 provided a better overall experience for the money. I wonder when today's fares will eventually be for steerage passengers only.

If it is anything like the suites only, Luminae, that was recently implemented on Celebrity it will have an additional special menu.

I would think one should wait for feedback before considering it a rip off. Cruise lines need to enhance the benefits associated with the Suites/Club minis if they want stay competitive. Some people are willing to pay more if they see value in the extra costs. Celebrity's offering include a special lounge wth no extra costs drinks all day.

When we sail on Celebrity we only sail in Aqua class and it's because of the separate smaller, quieter dining room that comes with that class.

We pay extra for that and I think Princess is piggybacking that idea with the new Club Class.

However, what they're missing is that on Celebrity ships if we don't sail in Aqua we would be eating in their MDR which is totally different than Princess's MDRs.

They have one two-story dining room for the entire ship and it's huge, loud and echo-ey. Princess has three , low-ceiling, much, much quieter dining rooms.

(And even the club class won't be bringing back that white-gloved service we got on Sitmar ;) )

So Club Class dining will now be exactly like regular dining was 5-10 years ago!! :rolleyes:

Pretty much what Cunard did around 2006. Offering a nicer dining experience to those in the highest cabins, just below the Grills. Celebrity followed suite(to a degree) some years back as well. Still no separate dining area, just nicer amenities such as priority board & such.

Pretty much what Cunard did around 2006. Offering a nicer dining experience to those in the highest cabins, just below the Grills. Celebrity followed suite(to a degree) some years back as well. Still no separate dining area, just nicer amenities such as priority board & such.

Celebrity most definitely has separate dining based on cabin class. Aqua class, which started with Solstice in 2008, is a completely separate dining room from MDR and only for Aqua class passengers (and Suite passengers for small fee).

In 2014, they introduced Lumiere, their suite only dining room. Again, completely separate dining room (walled off and remodeled area of the main dining room on all ships) which has completely separate menu, all essentially prepared to order, etc...

Neither is simply nicer amenities by any means...fully separate dining areas, and with suite class - separate suite only lounge also with free drinks all day, concierge, etc., plus orher inboard perks that aren't even remotely rivaled by Princess suites, or their upcoming Club Class.

While with Princess, this is a step in that direction, they have a long way to go to catch up with Celebrity or RCI or Cunard or NCL or MSC for upper level cabins..

It will be interesting to see how well accepted the New Club Class Mini-Suite plays out; it seems to be a combination of Suites benefits & Junior Suites benefits on Royal; plus benefits from upper tiers of other cruise lines loyalty programs

I have been sailing Celebrity recently in a suite due to their suite only restaurant and other benefits. I last did a penthouse suite on Princess in 2007, nice room but not worth the extra money. Stopped doing mini suites after becoming elite as all I got was an extra TV and a bath tub we did not use. I am in a suite on my next 2 Princess cruises, but am torn. On Celebrity we eat in the Luminaire after check in at the dock for lunch. On Princess the suite only restaurant is not open while in port. I always get breakfast in the Luminaire even in port, not so with Princess. In port I can eat lunch in Bistro on 5, Princess does nothing but Lido for lunch in port. I will try it twice next year and determine if it is worth the extra money.

Island Princess 10/12/17, Island Princess 5/4/17, Silhouette, 2/26/17, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess Elite 228 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity Elite+ 28 cruises

I have been sailing Celebrity recently in a suite due to their suite only restaurant and other benefits. I last did a penthouse suite on Princess in 2007, nice room but not worth the extra money. Stopped doing mini suites after becoming elite as all I got was an extra TV and a bath tub we did not use. I am in a suite on my next 2 Princess cruises, but am torn. On Celebrity we eat in the Luminaire after check in at the dock for lunch. On Princess the suite only restaurant is not open while in port. I always get breakfast in the Luminaire even in port, not so with Princess. In port I can eat lunch in Bistro on 5, Princess does nothing but Lido for lunch in port. I will try it twice next year and determine if it is worth the extra money.

What restaurant for lunch/dinner would that be?