NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

One thing to consider about wait times to be seated in anytime dining is the fact that there won't be as many folks waiting as they will be in the new dining area.

That's correct, but the people who do line up to eat will have longer waits due to CC people taking their time in the cabins, watching a show or drinking in a bar while a perfectly good table goes unused for others that could be using those spaces.

I'm really getting tired of Princess diluting the system by selling priority service at the expense of the majority. It's not as if they could dedicate extra table space or hire additional waiters to account for the service. :mad:

Maybe it'll be such a big hit they'll increase the price to make more profits. :p

That's correct, but the people who do line up to eat will have longer waits due to CC people taking their time in the cabins, watching a show or drinking in a bar while a perfectly good table goes unused for others that could be using those spaces.

I'm really getting tired of Princess diluting the system by selling priority service at the expense of the majority. It's not as if they could dedicate extra table space or hire additional waiters to account for the service. :mad:

Maybe it'll be such a big hit they'll increase the price to make more profits. :p

Club Class was set up so that the persons in Minis and suites could do anytime dinning at their leisure and NOT have to wait. That is the biggest "perk" that attracted us to pay the extra charge. On our 14 night South American cruise, it is about $80USD more for the cabin for both of us versus the next lower category of mini suites. It wasn't that price when we booked BUT it was about $50 per cabin more.

We both hate having to wait in line to eat!:)

Anyway, each to their own.

"You can't take it with you so spend it now!"

Happy Cruising

Club Class was set up so that the persons in Minis and suites could do anytime dinning at their leisure and NOT have to wait. That is the biggest "perk" that attracted us to pay the extra charge. On our 14 night South American cruise, it is about $80USD more for the cabin for both of us versus the next lower category of mini suites. It wasn't that price when we booked BUT it was about $50 per cabin more.

We both hate having to wait in line to eat!:)

Anyway, each to their own.

"You can't take it with you so spend it now!"

Happy Cruising

Only $80 more for both on a 15 day cruise? I can see them selling most of the cabins as CC. Everyone will then have their own table waiting each night.

No more waiting one line for anyone.

Only $80 more for both on a 15 day cruise? I can see them selling most of the cabins as CC. Everyone will then have their own table waiting each night.

No more waiting one line for anyone.

Then they will offer premium club class for double the price!

You will be seated before the masses and club class.

Then it will be Super premium club class..............................

They are going to keep charging until people stop paying or you can only board a ship by going ala carte.

Reader

Reader

They got to do something to make this look like it is worth it.... I still feel booking a less cost mini and going the Crown Grill every night is a better deal.

Used to be you boarded a ship and went to the main dinning room for great food and service. Not they deliberately make the MDR a crappy experience so you pay more for what you used to get included in your fare. Look where we are headed:(

Reader

Then they will offer premium club class for double the price!

You will be seated before the masses and club class.

Then it will be Super premium club class..............................

They are going to keep charging until people stop paying or you can only board a ship by going ala carte.

Reader

Reader

Actually we just might do Specialty restaurants most nights & buffet the remaining nights except for the formal DR nights where the food is usually better anyway.

Sorry! that was $80 per day per cabin!

I sort of suspected it was the case. Either way I don't think it's worth the price for what they're giving you. I know you've got a better cabin & all but the mini suite isn't worth it for us to begin with. Just a standard balcony does the trick. ;)

We'd be better off applying the extra cost to Specialty restaurants as needed.

Used to be you boarded a ship and went to the main dinning room for great food and service. Not they deliberately make the MDR a crappy experience so you pay more for what you used to get included in your fare. Look where we are headed:(

Reader

I really have to say that we've never had a crappy experience in the MDR or ATD. The only way this Club Class thing can negatively impact anyone who hasn't booked into to a Club Class cabin it to look at is as a problem. It's rather like pitching a fit because suite passengers get to have a lovely breakfast in Sabatini's and letting envy ruin your day or cruise. Would I LOVE to have breakfast in Sabatini's - yes of course. But it certainly doesn't ruin my cruise not to. We all decide how to spend our money, I just choose not to spend it on a suite but I don't consider that a problem nor do I feel slighted because someone who has chosen to spend their money gets something I don't.

There is something here that I am not getting. Any day I'm on a ship and someone else is shopping and cooking and serving and cleaning up after me is a great day!

There is something here that I am not getting. Any day I'm on a ship and someone else is shopping and cooking and serving and cleaning up after me is a great day!

I guess you and a few others just don't see the problem that Princess has created by selling CC.

It's not about people spending the extra money to get a better option of food dishes in the DR.

It's not about allowing CC having seating waiting for them all night.

It's not about creating a separate class or a better cabin for those that chose to pay for it.

It's simply about Princess allowing the CC people to benefit by selling limited services & space in the DR to those that are willing to pay for it, to the decrement of all the rest of us. If they could have expanded the DR and wait staff to account for it, there wouldn't be any problems created.

i.e. longer waiting times for AT dining.

I don't get the concern about wait times increasing because of CC. I might have missed it, but, I have yet to see a post by anyone who has actually sailed after CC was instituted, who has complained about the long waits in the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nor have I. If someone has experienced long waits, then perhaps they could help by posting. Obviously, on the first night and after the Captains Welcome aboard party, there has always been a wait. Until then, I will wait until we board in the summer, to see how the land lies.

I don't get the concern about wait times increasing because of CC. I might have missed it, but, I have yet to see a post by anyone who has actually sailed after CC was instituted, who has complained about the long waits in the MDR.

Keep reading, you'll see them.

Longer than every before. :(

This will only drive more & more people back to traditional dining.

Every poster I have read on here has been very positive about the dining experience in CC. Therefore, it is most likely here to stay. You might wish to hold your concerns about MDR waits until you are onboard to see for yourself if it is an issue.

That is precisely what it did to us. We have done ATD twice and liked it but in an "ounce of prevention..." move on our upcoming Ruby cruise where there is CC we reverted to TD.

That is precisely what it did to us. We have done ATD twice and liked it but in an "ounce of prevention..." move on our upcoming Ruby cruise where there is CC we reverted to TD.

I haven't switched yet but considering it very shortly depending on how the CC experience goes in the future. If it's as bad as I read then, definitely.

If the bad reports I've read are not accurate then I'll continue to stick with AT.

It's hard to really tell based on experiences of people you don't know.

From my first hand experience, it is certainly not 'longer than ever before' at all, and that is apparently what the majority of posters on here have also stated.

I observed over my 2 weeks of dining between 6-8pm onwards that there were minimal to no lines. I have done both CC and ATD and from what I experienced/observed, there is little or no difference. Of course there are lines, and I have had to wait 20 minutes before and with a pager, but this was before CC and no doubt will always be the case but again I observed no more or less than before CC days and that I have previously had myself. It is easy to get caught in the hype and for those who don't experience CC, feel they have to knock it before even observing/trying it, but my honest opinion is that it doesn't make much of a difference.

For those who dine in CC, this takes them away from the MDRs and other lines and they are not sitting in the MDR, just the side bit, so it can be the same amount of total people in the same amount of total space, just with different labels and areas.

It is here to stay from what I hear, and the word is apart from some initial teething problems, there have been very little concern voiced or complaints made, and once experienced (from either side of the line), there will be no little noticeable difference.

From my first hand experience, it is certainly not 'longer than ever before' at all, and that is apparently what the majority of posters on here have also stated.

I observed over my 2 weeks of dining between 6-8pm onwards that there were minimal to no lines. I have done both CC and ATD and from what I experienced/observed, there is little or no difference. Of course there are lines, and I have had to wait 20 minutes before and with a pager, but this was before CC and no doubt will always be the case but again I observed no more or less than before CC days and that I have previously had myself. It is easy to get caught in the hype and for those who don't experience CC, feel they have to knock it before even observing/trying it, but my honest opinion is that it doesn't make much of a difference.

For those who dine in CC, this takes them away from the MDRs and other lines and they are not sitting in the MDR, just the side bit, so it can be the same amount of total people in the same amount of total space, just with different labels and areas.

It is here to stay from what I hear, and the word is apart from some initial teething problems, there have been very little concern voiced or complaints made, and once experienced (from either side of the line), there will be no little noticeable difference.

Some posters are so invested in seeing something fail that they will take every opportunity to post something negative regardless of the facts.

I take from your viewpoint that you were dining in Club Class.

If that's so, then your view might be slanted towards not having to experience a line longer then before.

Hopefully what your saying is true and I'll have to judge for myself in the near future but somehow in the back of my mind I can't see how it's possible.

I take from your viewpoint that you were dining in Club Class.

If that's so, then your view might be slanted towards not having to experience a line longer then before.

Hopefully what your saying is true and I'll have to judge for myself in the near future but somehow in the back of my mind I can't see how it's possible.

Yes, in CC, but my view is objective having dined and lined up many times before. I have no reason not to tell the truth, if I thought CC was a waste of time and was a detriment to others I would truthfully say. I am not saying everything is and will be a breeze; of course it will not be. But like pre CC, and post, there will always be problems, lines and sometimes long ones, but honestly, I did not notice much difference. If overwhelming feedback is to the contrary, then I must apologise, but for this cruise it seemed relatively 'plain sailing' :)

Yes, in CC, but my view is objective having dined and lined up many times before. I have no reason not to tell the truth, if I thought CC was a waste of time and was a detriment to others I would truthfully say. I am not saying everything is and will be a breeze; of course it will not be. But like pre CC, and post, there will always be problems, lines and sometimes long ones, but honestly, I did not notice much difference. If overwhelming feedback is to the contrary, then I must apologise, but for this cruise it seemed relatively 'plain sailing' :)

Oh, I believe that you didn't see much difference from your side of the fence and at this point all I have to go on is the negative reports from posters whom I don't really know, so that's not a good way to judge wait times either.

Hopefully all will be settled by the time I get to experience it.

Oh, I believe that you didn't see much difference from your side of the fence and at this point all I have to go on is the negative reports from posters whom I don't really know, so that's not a good way to judge wait times either.

Hopefully all will be settled by the time I get to experience it.

Why would 'all you have to go on' be the negative reports. Why not go on some of the positive reports too, otherwise you will see the negative in everything?! I am capable of looking and judging independantly from wherever I sit, and it certainly seemed OK. You never know, it might just turn out all OK!