NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

To be honest I don't think they are. From what I saw over 14 nights in the non CC queue, they ranged from no line at all to a typical line of 10-15 people. Nothing essentially difference from any other cruise I have been on over the years. Sometimes there are long waits, sometimes minimal but no huge differentiation from other years. Saw a few people with pagers but not that many.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless you were a person who was waiting with one of those pagers or questioned the hostess to wait times (which I often do when exiting the DR), how would you know what the wait time actually was?

It could have been 5 minutes or 45 minutes.

At this time all I can go by is what some people have reported here on CC and there are many indicating very long waits.

Unless you were a person who was waiting with one of those pagers or questioned the hostess to wait times (which I often do when exiting the DR), how would you know what the wait time actually was?

It could have been 5 minutes or 45 minutes.

At this time all I can go by is what some people have reported here on CC and there are many indicating very long waits.

And all I can go on is what I saw first hand: no particular difference in waiting times from any previous cruise I have been on.

And all I can go on is what I saw first hand: no particular difference in waiting times from any previous cruise I have been on.

What I find strange is that after initiating CC the reports of longer lines has grown considerably.

And yes we've been on ships where the wait times have varied like you say.

Unfortunately I won't be able to judge for myself on our next cruise since it won't have begun.

What I find strange is that after initiating CC the reports of longer lines has grown considerably.

Unfortunately I won't be able to judge for myself on our next cruise since it won't have begun.

Thank you for not prejudging. Too many people let wishful thinking supersede fact.

Ditto. Will still continue to rely on CC reports.

We were told by our Head Waiter that lunch was on in the Club Class Da Vinci dining room every day but I cannot vouch for that as we had lunch in Noumea on one day and the other days when we returned from being ashore, we ate in the International Café.

One extra piece of information. For those in full Suites, they still have their breakfast in the Crown Grill, away from us, but they then eat their other meals in our dining room. We have got to know quite a few who are in the full suites and they are also enjoying the Club Class dining room. I haven't heard one complaint about the new Club Class on this ship.

Jennie

Hi Aussie Gal, greetings from your neighbours in 405. Wonderful review and agree with everything therein. A great experience and one we look forward too in the future. Wonderful fellow cruisers who became a close group in that CC dining room.

All I can add is that CC dining was not available at lunch on port days. It was on sea days.

Recommend to all.

Why would you not do anytime Club Class dinning? You can go at anytime and have additional menu items!

??????????

My wife enjoys chatting it up at dinner with shipmates. I convinced her she can still do that, so we switched to CC anytime dining.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I forgot to mention that the Club Class dining room was open for lunch for club class and full suite guests on embarkation day. It certainly beat trying to get a seat in Horizon Court.

It was great meeting up with you both and everyone else who dined in the C.C. dining room. So glad you arrived home safely. We had a very bumpy landing when we arrived back into Melbourne and half the plane screamed! Not sure what the pilot was doing!!

On reflection C.C. was a wonderful experience and I wish it were on all the ships now. We will be returning to the main dining room on our next cruise as that doesn't get C.C. until near the end of the year unfortunately.:(

Jennie

I think it is like contagious yawning.

People have heard about club class.

They see a line.

Yawn.

The line is caused by club class.

Whether or not the ship offers Club Class.

Yawn.

They see a line.

Yawn.

Yawn.

Yes, my comments aren't yet supported by actual experience but I'm sure the day will come shortly.

Yes, my comments aren't yet supported by actual experience but I'm sure the day will come shortly.

The lines were long for AT dining way before CC came around. Which is why I hated it. If you don't call early enough to make a reservation your relegated to waiting in line, plan and simple. This perk is by far in my opinion one of the best there is on Princess.37e5b17d5f782ee74ea77d2d34e27b28.jpgd354be80647d9e8e2f015efd8271d55b.jpg

I forgot to mention that the Club Class dining room was open for lunch for club class and full suite guests on embarkation day. It certainly beat trying to get a seat in Horizon Court.

Good to know. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They see a line.

Yawn.

Yawn.

Maybe the long lines are simply because most people want to eat at the same time and the dining rooms can't handle it. Also, being allowed to make reservations probably adds to the problem. Blaming traditional and CC diners is getting old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The lines were long for AT dining way before CC came around. Which is why I hated it. If you don't call early enough to make a reservation your relegated to waiting in line, plan and simple. This perk is by far in my opinion one of the best there is on Princess.37e5b17d5f782ee74ea77d2d34e27b28.jpgd354be80647d9e8e2f015efd8271d55b.jpg

I never consider something a "perk" if I have to pay extra for it.

And yes I do think the CC dining option has created longer lines. How can it not?

Now that Princess has permanently set aside a special section for the CC people they should really consider not taking reservations for anyone.

All it's doing is making some of the people wait even longer than before.

I've gone through the "making reservations" routine & it's ridiculous to even try. They only hand out a certain number each day and that it. They tell you to just arrive when you're ready to eat.

I did not say it was a free "perk" it is a nice benefit of the CC upgrade. Is that better? I agree with you 100% on the so called Anytime Dinning. But that is what we want and CC gives that to you so yes it does cost more for me it's worth it!

I did not say it was a free "perk" it is a nice benefit of the CC upgrade. Is that better? I agree with you 100% on the so called Anytime Dinning. But that is what we want and CC gives that to you so yes it does cost more for me it's worth it!

Mo & Nick, thanks for the CC Dining pictures!

We're looking forward to giving it a try on our upcoming cruise! :)

I rechecked the Princess website for the description of Anytime Dining which says nothing about being able to make a reservation. The staff on some ships have decided to allow reservations based on their individual criteria. Even before CC, allowing reservations affected Anytime dining passengers which will be even further affected by CC.

With the CC dining benefit being implemented, Princess HQ should standardize the ATD procedure & to not allow any reservations in the already busy Anytime dining rooms. Unfortunately HQ & the onboard staffs too often don't know the meaning of having a standardized Princess cruise experience.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Lets say it was a purchase. Worthwhile or not is in the eye of that person.

I rechecked the Princess website for the description of Anytime Dining which says nothing about being able to make a reservation. The staff on some ships have decided to allow reservations based on their individual criteria. Even before CC, allowing reservations affected Anytime dining passengers which will be even further affected by CC.

With the CC dining benefit being implemented, Princess HQ should standardize the ATD procedure & to not allow any reservations in the already busy Anytime dining rooms. Unfortunately HQ & the onboard staffs too often don't know the meaning of having a standardized Princess cruise experience.

The people that come up with these ideas obviously don't have to live by their decisions. When & if they sail they have their own sets of rules.

Thank you for the pictures. Looking forward to this when we sail on the Pacific Princess this summer. Scheduled to be available on the cruise before ours.

Princess made a very wise decision when they created Club Dining. Princess needs to keep up with industry innovations in order to maintain their market share. The cost of suites on Princess is in the same price range as spacious verandah staterooms on Regent, Crystal, Seabourn and Silver Seas. I have sailed on these ships and the benefits of a full suite on Princess are equal to sailing on these luxury lines in verandah staterooms. The ratio of ship personal to passengers is much higher, resulting in outstanding service on luxury ships. Princess needs to keep their full suite passengers. Creating a special dining venue is a definite enhancement which I'm sure they hope will keep their full suite passengers from straying to the luxury option. Loyalty programs are the way that cruise lines keep their clients from straying, adding Club Class Dining is a great added benefit. If you hold Carnival Corporation stock, you should be very pleased.

I am not concerned about food quality, but am concerned about Any time dining wait times. If they remove a number of seats for the new category and commit to immediate seating then they would need to have a higher ratio of seats to passenger then normally in atd. That means less availability in atd and longer wait times there. I would also expect more crowding of tables and fewer 2 tops in atd.

One thing to consider about wait times to be seated in anytime dining is the fact that there won't be as many folks waiting as they will be in the new dining area.

Sent from my iPad using Forums