NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

I read the first few pages of this thread and the last 4-pages.

I did not see any reviews or comments regarding the food and service from a recent Club Class guest.

We were on the Ruby a couple of weeks ago and dined around 7:30pm and the Club Class was almost empty every night.

I think we will try out Club Class dining next month on the Grand. It would be great to hear what folks have to say about the food and service. :D

I wrote a report direct from the Emerald Princess when we were on her in January. You can find it on Page 25 and it is number 492.

We enjoyed the food very much and each night at dinner, there would be a special dish that our Head Waiter prepared.

With regards to the staff, we were treated extremely well and those that worked in the Club Class part of the dining room addressed us by our names.

If we were cruising on another ship with Anytime Dining, I would definitely book Club Class but as we are going on both the Sea Princess (it is not on the Sea Princess as yet) and Diamond Princess for our next two Princess cruises, it is not worth paying out the difference in price as both ships only have traditional dining and if you have reached Elite status then there isn't anything extra that you will receive by being in Club Class.

Jennie

Ian,

Thanks for the detailed review. We will be on the Regal in a CC mini in April and wondered what the table set up was. We like to sit at a table for two, but not on top of each other. Also, it would be nice to be near a window, but it has been years since we were able to get that perk.

Most of the tables are for two (90%?), so getting one will not be a problem. Also, there is plenty of room between tables, enough where you can talk to your neighbors if you want to, but more than likely there will not be any one close.

As for window tables there are just a few since the CC area is small. In our case we had three tables and three waiters during the five nights that we dined in the CC section. Two of those nights we were seated next to a window. It was obvious to us that they intentionally moved us around so that we had different tables and waiters during our cruise the first of February.

We never were greeted by name and most of the time there was no obvious recognition of us except for our first waiter who did stop by most evenings.

BTW - - We arrived every night when the doors first opened so we could have easily been seated at the same table if they wanted us to.

We have been on the Emerald Princess for the past 9 days and we have two more days to go until the end of the cruise.

We have a Club Class Mini Suite and have eaten in the Club Class Dining area of the Da Vince Dining Room for every breakfast and dinner. We prefer to have lunch in the International Café.

It is working extremely well on the Emerald. The Da Vince dining room has two entrances and the Club Class is on the left hand side so that no-one else can get to the MDR using that entrance. The Club Class eating area consists of mostly tables for 2 with the addition of a few tables for four and six people.

There is a Banquette along the back wall with 7 tables for two placed along that area. We have had most of our meals in this area and have enjoyed eating here and getting to know many more couples by being placed in this area.

The Head Waiter of the Club Class dining room is very personable and welcoming and of course he cooks dishes in the centre of the dining room both for breakfast and dinner. Every evening there is an extra main course added to the menu as well as usually an extra dessert. The same wait staff are there for every meal, so just as for Traditional dining, they get to know what you like and bring them to you without asking. eg. grapefruit juice in the morning, and 3 teabags in the teapot etc. In other words, it is really a separate dining room just for those in Club Class.

We also love the new beds and linen in our mini suites plus the lovely new dressing gowns.

Of course being Elite, there isn't anything else that is special except for the two half bottles of wine that were waiting in our cabin when we boarded.

We have compared the new Club Class to Aqua Class on Celebrity. It is very similar and the big advantage is being able to eat when you choose without waiting.

Would we book it again? Yes, we would definitely book Club Class if it is available. We will be on the Sea Princess in April and our one disappointment is that Club Class will not be introduced until later on this year.

Jennie

Jennie,

Thanks for pointing out this posting. Your report is very helpful and thanks for taking the time to write. I apologize for missing it the first time I reviewed this thread.:cool:

I was on the Emerald Princess in January and it did not look like it was too popular of being used at all. Most of the time I saw that part of the dining room empty and not in use.

I have been in a full suite before and I personally would not be happy sitting in a separate part of the dining room for club class. I have met some interesting people on cruises who I often keep in contact with and I can tell you right now that none of the people I met and keep in touch with would have been in club class in the dining room. This is just my personal opinion of it and I think that it is snobbery and is out of touch with the Princess style. I have cruised in suites before and I will be cruising in them again and I can say one thing for certain is that I will never utelise the club class part of the main dining room ever.

I was on the Emerald Princess in January and it did not look like it was too popular of being used at all. Most of the time I saw that part of the dining room empty and not in use.

I have been in a full suite before and I personally would not be happy sitting in a separate part of the dining room for club class. I have met some interesting people on cruises who I often keep in contact with and I can tell you right now that none of the people I met and keep in touch with would have been in club class in the dining room. This is just my personal opinion of it and I think that it is snobbery and is out of touch with the Princess style. I have cruised in suites before and I will be cruising in them again and I can say one thing for certain is that I will never utelise the club class part of the main dining room ever.

OK, but is it really necessary to infer that in your opinion people that use the Club Dining are snobs?

I assume you also do not take advantage of the suite breakfast in the speciality restaurant?

Ian,

Thanks for the detailed review. We will be on the Regal in a CC mini in April and wondered what the table set up was. We like to sit at a table for two, but not on top of each other. Also, it would be nice to be near a window, but it has been years since we were able to get that perk.

Hey - there were two CC sections in the Regal, the first one on the right as you walked in, and a slightly larger one behind a wall/partition, but all part of the same area. I would say there were 4/5 window seat tables in the first section (where we were mainly), and perhaps slightly more in the second, but dependant on how busy they were, you would normally sit on the first section. There were two larger tables for 4/6, the others were for 2 people, but of course there are plenty of other tables, in the next row adjacent to these, so a window view is still available as such, albeit perhaps one row back.

Mostly they were not too close together, although some were. If the (lovely Ana) hostess showed us to a table we did not like, we just said, oh, can we sit here instead....and she was very happy for us to more or less choose our seat, so you should be absolutely fine - if in doubt, just ask and I'm sure they will be delighted to help!

CC is extremely popular, and is the way forward according to some of the senior crew I talked to. We were in a full suite, but we loved having our own separate dining area. You still had all the atmosphere of a large dining room, and the ability to chat with others if you like, but with the added 'extra' service, slightly enhanced menu, and a bit less frenetic.

It is certainly not snobbery, as much as flying Business Class is not, it is just another option for those who like extra attention, space, service, options etc., just like staying in a full suite perhaps! We will always use the CC dining room - there are no down sides at all from our perspective, just great service, food and ambience.

CC is extremely popular, and is the way forward according to some of the senior crew I talked to. We were in a full suite, but we loved having our own separate dining area. You still had all the atmosphere of a large dining room, and the ability to chat with others if you like, but with the added 'extra' service, slightly enhanced menu, and a bit less frenetic.

It is certainly not snobbery, as much as flying Business Class is not, it is just another option for those who like extra attention, space, service, options etc., just like staying in a full suite perhaps! We will always use the CC dining room - there are no down sides at all from our perspective, just great service, food and ambience.

Well said. I am looking forwards to trying CCDining. We have been sailing in full suites (mainly for the extra space as we are also Elite with many duplicate benefits from that loyalty program).

Everyone spends their money differently, I don't mind walking past the First Class/Business Class seats on the airplane to our Economy seats (not even exit row). We each see value in different things. They pay more for their seats/benefits and should get more benefits than those in the back of the plane.

I am traveling solo & booked on the Regal in CC. I have traveled solo many times & used both traditional & Anytime dining. With the latter, if you are solo, you usually end up sharing a table with others. Since there is no requirement to share with CC I have a feeling I might be dining alone most nights. Just wondering if any other solo travelers have experience with CC dining & how it was handled. I am fine dining by myself, would just like to be prepared & bring a book if that is going to be the situation.

I've booked Club Class for our fifteen day cruise to Hawaii. Ten years ago we did a Celebrity Cruise in their Concierge Class, which we really enjoyed so I figured we would splurge on this one and see how CC is on Princess. We don't travel much so I'm looking forward to the extra perks and service. I'm not really getting why there are so many hostile comments on here about CC. Just because CC has added perks doesn't mean service or food will be worse for folks in other categories. And I certainly won't be looking down on anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am traveling solo & booked on the Regal in CC. I have traveled solo many times & used both traditional & Anytime dining. With the latter, if you are solo, you usually end up sharing a table with others. Since there is no requirement to share with CC I have a feeling I might be dining alone most nights. Just wondering if any other solo travelers have experience with CC dining & how it was handled. I am fine dining by myself, would just like to be prepared & bring a book if that is going to be the situation.

Sorry, but cannot answer directly since I travel with my wife. However, based on our experience on the Regal the first week of February my guess is that you will be given a table for two, alone. Since people arrive at various times I think that it would be unusual for multiple people that are looking for tablemates that just happen to arrive at the same time.

We traveled in Agua Class on Celebrity last summer. There were lots of tables for two that were side by side. We found that there were lots of discussions going on between tables. We had several meals where we had conversations with a solo gentleman at an adjacent table as well as with couples. I have heard reports that CC dining has a similar friendly vibe. Folks tend to dine around the same so I expect we will see the same people night after night. Our experience on Celebrity was so positive that it makes me very excited to try CC dining on our March Regal cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no requirement to dine/share with anyone in any venue on Princess.

OK, but is it really necessary to infer that in your opinion people that use the Club Dining are snobs?

I assume you also do not take advantage of the suite breakfast in the speciality restaurant?

That is right. It was the buffet every day for breakfast except on my birthday when I did go into the suite breakfast setup.

That is right. It was the buffet every day for breakfast except on my birthday when I did go into the suite breakfast setup.

This is as it should be...if you wish to take advantage of a perk..do so. Please don't call fellow passengers snobs just because they choose to partake of a benefit that they paid for.

Thanks Ian for the information about requesting a specific table. Funny, on our first two cruises we were assigned window tables, but on later cruises when we requested a widow, we were told they were for the Elite. When we became Elite, we were told there were no window tables left. I will be pleased if we get one at least once during our voyage. Although, the extra room between tables is more important.

There is no requirement to dine/share with anyone in any venue on Princess.

I never suggested anyone was required to share a table. I just remarked that when I have done regular AT as a solo I usually ended up sharing a table with others. Many times I was automatically taken to a table with others & not even asked what I preferred. Is not really a problem one way or the other. I am comfortable no matter what. BTW - what is with the huge type??

We traveled in Agua Class on Celebrity last summer. There were lots of tables for two that were side by side. We found that there were lots of discussions going on between tables. We had several meals where we had conversations with a solo gentleman at an adjacent table as well as with couples. I have heard reports that CC dining has a similar friendly vibe. Folks tend to dine around the same so I expect we will see the same people night after night. Our experience on Celebrity was so positive that it makes me very excited to try CC dining on our March Regal cruise.

I sailed on Celebrity many times, primarily in Aqua, & it did not seem like the tables in Blu are as close together as in the regular MDR. My sister & I sailed on the Reflection transatlantic last Spring & had a regular balcony so we ate in the MDR (traditional) at a "2 top." We both felt the tables for 2 were so close it was actually intrusive. In fact, we sat next a couple where the husband was obviously ill, coughing & sneezing. My sister ended up getting a bad cold. We ate at specialty restaurants 5 nights but I did miss Blu. Sailing for the 2nd time on Regal on 3/19 &, as I recall, the tables did have more space.

Thanks Ian for the information about requesting a specific table. Funny, on our first two cruises we were assigned window tables, but on later cruises when we requested a widow, we were told they were for the Elite. When we became Elite, we were told there were no window tables left. I will be pleased if we get one at least once during our voyage. Although, the extra room between tables is more important.

They used to prioritise tables for suite then elite guests, but since you are now CC, that trumps it all! Of course, if these tables are busy you can ask to wait a while, or ask for one nearby. They seemed quite amenable to our requests, sometimes we weren't too bothered where we sat if it was a nice quiet area, other times we specified where we would like to sit if possible. I'm sure it'll all be fine!

A picture of our embarkation day lunch starter in CC dining, delicious!!

45778f36b9bea49a82b78dacf0ac8ba6.jpg

That's the shrimp appetizer available to all passengers during the embarkation day lunch & it's not exclusively for Club Class passengers.

Yet another reason to get on early enough to enjoy that first lunch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's the shrimp appetizer available to all passengers during the embarkation day lunch & it's not exclusively for Club Class passengers.

I know that, but it was still delicious and a great example of the cuisine, CC or otherwise!

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked a club mini on Caribbean Princess. When booking I only noticed a small amount of cabins assigned to this category. That would explain the relative quiet of the club dining area.

On the Emerald in January, there were 28 mini suite cabins that were designated as Club Class. During breakfast, only those passengers came to breakfast whereas for dinner the suite passengers also were present. The suites all went to Sabatini's for their breakfast. I am not sure about lunch as we always had our lunch at the International café.

The Club Class dining room was never full, as they have to allow for cruisers to go to dinner at anytime between 6pm and 9.00pm. We usually went around 7pm and we found the same people seemed to eat at that time every night. We got to know quite a few of the couples and it was a very pleasant way to dine. It was a leisurely meal, never rushed and as the Emerald had two shows a night, one at 7pm and one at 9pm, we found that we were in ample time for the second show.

Jennie