NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

I was on the Emerald Princess in January and it did not look like it was too popular of being used at all. Most of the time I saw that part of the dining room empty and not in use.

I have been in a full suite before and I personally would not be happy sitting in a separate part of the dining room for club class. I have met some interesting people on cruises who I often keep in contact with and I can tell you right now that none of the people I met and keep in touch with would have been in club class in the dining room. This is just my personal opinion of it and I think that it is snobbery and is out of touch with the Princess style. I have cruised in suites before and I will be cruising in them again and I can say one thing for certain is that I will never utelise the club class part of the main dining room ever.

I am not sure which cruise you were on in the Emerald in January but I can say that on our cruise which left Sydney for Vanuatu and New Caledonia on the 21st January, our Club Class Dining Room was fully utilised.

We loved being able to go to dinner whenever we wanted and we have enjoyed a similar way of dining on both Celebrity and Cunard. We travel a lot on Oceania, where that type of dining is not needed as all their restaurants are anytime dining and there is no traditional. I don't consider it snobbish to want to choose when you want to go to dinner and we have found on the larger Princess ships, that it is just too hard to get the time you want and so have stuck to Traditional until Club Class was offered. We cannot eat at 6pm and 8.30pm is far too late. We loved being able to go to dinner at 7pm without having to wait for a table.

Jennie

I just booked a club mini on Caribbean Princess. When booking I only noticed a small amount of cabins assigned to this category. That would explain the relative quiet of the club dining area.

It may also be quiet because some in Club Class may be sailing with friends/relatives who are not in Club Class and thus to dine with them, must forgo the benefit of the Club Class section of the dining room.

It may also be quiet because some in Club Class may be sailing with friends/relatives who are not in Club Class and thus to dine with them, must forgo the benefit of the Club Class section of the dining room.

That will be us on our next cruise - we are in a full suite and our adult kids/spouses are in std mini's.

We've told them we'll give up CC lunches and dinners to dine with them but we'll be having breakfast on our own as we won't give up Breakfast in Sabatini's/CG... [emoji1]

It all would depend on the price point and what the real extras are. We are Elite level so what is in the description is repetitive of some of those perks. Time will tell.

Two half bottles of win and a separate sitting area in the main dinning room is not worth $750 per person for the same mini suite in Can get on deck 8 aft. On the star Nov 2017 cabin e721 is 3199 per person but club class is 4299 per person. That is an exspensive bottle of win. Shame shame princess

Two half bottles of win and a separate sitting area in the main dinning room is not worth $750 per person for the same mini suite in Can get on deck 8 aft. On the star Nov 2017 cabin e721 is 3199 per person but club class is 4299 per person. That is an exspensive bottle of win. Shame shame princess

It must be really good wine?? :rolleyes:

Tony

You have a point!

Just my two cents, but if I felt like doing the CC, I'd save and budget for it. When we cruise I, for the most part, do not worry about spending too much money as I will have already budgeted for it. The only exception when I start worrying about money spent on a cruise is when my DW heads towards the Effy store.....:D:D:D

Bob

Just my two cents, but if I felt like doing the CC, I'd save and budget for it. When we cruise I, for the most part, do not worry about spending too much money as I will have already budgeted for it. The only exception when I start worrying about money spent on a cruise is when my DW heads towards the Effy store.....:D:D:D

Bob

I feel the same way. If we were not elite passengers, I could see the attraction of a CC Mini with the list of perks that come with it. It is more than just two half-bottles of wine. As it is, we have been booking full suites and I look forwards to CC dining for lunch/dinner.

Now the Effy store, you can do better than that Bob (just kidding).

Tiffany, Harry Winston, Cartier, Graff, or http://www.mouawad.com/ come to mind.

I feel the same way. If we were not elite passengers, I could see the attraction of a CC Mini with the list of perks that come with it. It is more than just two half-bottles of wine. As it is, we have been booking full suites and I look forwards to CC dining for lunch/dinner.

Now the Effy store, you can do better than that Bob (just kidding).

Tiffany, Harry Winston, Cartier, Graff, or http://www.mouawad.com/ come to mind.

Wow, amazing items. Thanks for the link.....:):):)

Bob

I'm happy in a simple balcony cabin with the elite perks I already have..........ordering room service breakfast (writing in items I prefer, mixing my own mimosas) and eating in my robe on the balcony with my husband. Dining in a separate 'upper class' area to other pax doesn't appeal to me, either. In fact, some nights we never make it to the dining room depending on our mood and other plans for the evening.

I am obviously not their prime marketing target with all these changes because most of them wouldn't make much difference to me......but am happy for those that enjoy these things.

Too many changes to keep up with! New cabin categories and deck reconfigurations.......it boggles my mind. Glad someone keeps it all straight and when I need answers I can check into CC for them. ;)

I'm happy in a simple balcony cabin with the elite perks I already have..........ordering room service breakfast (writing in items I prefer, mixing my own mimosas) and eating in my robe on the balcony with my husband. Dining in a separate 'upper class' area to other pax doesn't appeal to me, either. In fact, some nights we never make it to the dining room depending on our mood and other plans for the evening.

I am obviously not their prime marketing target with all these changes because most of them wouldn't make much difference to me......but am happy for those that enjoy these things.

Too many changes to keep up with! New cabin categories and deck reconfigurations.......it boggles my mind. Glad someone keeps it all straight and when I need answers I can check into CC for them. ;)

Princess has to increase revenue in any matter that allows "head of the line" convenience. People will say that 2 bottles of wine, etc. is NOT worth it BUT for persons like us who do NOT cruise for the sake of cruising,(we cruise when the itinerary is better than doing it on land ourselves), then the cost is insignificant. It's the same as booking Business/First Class airfare, if you can afford it, you do it!

We are booked in Club Class for our south American vacation this coming January. The only issue that we have is that Oceania is offering a similar cruise, more upscale, and we are considering cancelling our Princess cruise and booking the Oceania one. We booked the cruise because of Club Class giving us priority for dinning etc. and then our TA sent us a note about Oceania.

Just a comment BUT we are most definitely considering the Oceania cruise.

Without Club Class, we would not book Princess again.

We are books in a Club Class Mini to Hawaii 4/14/18. We did not know about it when we booked. I have inner ear issues and wanted center of ship to help with the sway. So we did not choose Club Class, but we are excited about this new option.

• 3 weeks later...

On the Grand right now. We've enjoyed Club Class for lunch only so far. It is nice that they remember your name when you arrive. The tableside entrée at lunch so far has been pasta and a different sauce each day. yes, I would say the service is a notch above open seating.

We have opted for traditional fixed seating dining at dinner and specialty restaurants.

The humor on board divides the diving into four different experiences… The first being specialty restaurants, the second being first class a.k.a. fix seating, the third being club class and the fourth being no class a.k.a. the. Buffet.

Please don't take my last comment too [emoji15] seriously! Remember, life is too short not to enjoy a little humor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We spoke to several people on our March 26th Regal cruise who were in suites and had no idea that Club Class Dining was available to them. Princess provides so many "reminders" in the stateroom that it might be easy to overlook. One passenger who we talked with on the final day at sea was booked in a penthouse suite and had no knowledge of CC dining. She was upset that no one had advised her of the benefit. I suggested to her that she might want to sign on to Cruise Critic before her next cruise. Cruise critic was where I first learned that our mini suite had been converted to CC.

Princess has to increase revenue in any matter that allows "head of the line" convenience. People will say that 2 bottles of wine, etc. is NOT worth it BUT for persons like us who do NOT cruise for the sake of cruising,(we cruise when the itinerary is better than doing it on land ourselves), then the cost is insignificant. It's the same as booking Business/First Class airfare, if you can afford it, you do it!

We are booked in Club Class for our south American vacation this coming January. The only issue that we have is that Oceania is offering a similar cruise, more upscale, and we are considering cancelling our Princess cruise and booking the Oceania one. We booked the cruise because of Club Class giving us priority for dinning etc. and then our TA sent us a note about Oceania.

I too think Oceania would be the better choice.

Agree Oceania is without a doubt the better choice

On the Emerald in January, there were 28 mini suite cabins that were designated as Club Class. During breakfast, only those passengers came to breakfast whereas for dinner the suite passengers also were present. The suites all went to Sabatini's for their breakfast. I am not sure about lunch as we always had our lunch at the International café.

The Club Class dining room was never full, as they have to allow for cruisers to go to dinner at anytime between 6pm and 9.00pm. We usually went around 7pm and we found the same people seemed to eat at that time every night. We got to know quite a few of the couples and it was a very pleasant way to dine. It was a leisurely meal, never rushed and as the Emerald had two shows a night, one at 7pm and one at 9pm, we found that we were in ample time for the second show.

Jennie

Am I correct in thinking that if booking a Club Class mini, all meals are available in the Club Class dining room or is it only suites that are permitted to take every meal there (thinking particularly of breakfast)? Sorry, just looking at itineraries on Diamond and wanted to know the difference as CC wasn't available on our last Princess sailing.

Am I correct in thinking that if booking a Club Class mini, all meals are available in the Club Class dining room or is it only suites that are permitted to take every meal there (thinking particularly of breakfast)? Sorry, just looking at itineraries on Diamond and wanted to know the difference as CC wasn't available on our last Princess sailing.

Minis can take all meals in CC Section of MDR I. e Breakfast, Lunch (when open) and Dinner. That is one of the main reasons for booking th club class mini syites.:D

Suite guests have exclusive access to a suite only breakfast in Sabattinis (or equivalent), or can eat in the CC dining room. CC dining room is always available when open, for all meals for CC guests and full suite guests if they choose.