NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

That's what we did after being upsold to an M1 mini suite in CC. Just printed out new boarding passes and luggage tags today.

If you are in a CC cabin (M1 or Suite) - your Princess Personalizer now offers a choice of Traditional Dining (with dining time choice) or Club Class Anytime Dining. From our original bookings - we as usual selected Trad 600P - but after the transition to CC we made the online change to CC Anytime which shows on our booking docs & for us the best of both worlds. JMO - but I believe a number of the CC passengers who originally had Traditional Dining - will make the switch to Club Class Anytime Dining allowing for more Traditional (fixed) Dining time slots.

Why would you not do anytime Club Class dinning? You can go at anytime and have additional menu items!

??????????

We just returned from the Ruby and Mexican cruise. We had the CC mini suite and absolutely loved the CC dinning option a true anytime dinning experience. We had the same wait staff during each meal!

Ask any questions I will try and answer them. By the way no ropes like I read in earlier threads. Is a separate entrance and hostess how learns your name by the 2nd night and different color table cloths that's about it on separation.

We just returned from the Ruby and Mexican cruise. We had the CC mini suite and absolutely loved the CC dinning option a true anytime dinning experience. We had the same wait staff during each meal!

Ask any questions I will try and answer them. By the way no ropes like I read in earlier threads. Is a separate entrance and hostess how learns your name by the 2nd night and different color table cloths that's about it on separation.

Any comments on the additional menu items for dinner? Also, anything else that you can let us know would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much;

Any comments on the additional menu items for dinner? Also, anything else that you can let us know would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much;

The menu is the same with the exception of one or two additional items each night cooked in the center of the CC dinning area. For example last night had Strip Steak he cooked a delicious Diablo dressing for the Steak. He usually did a couple night a from scratch Ceaser Salad which were also fantastic. If your Platnum or above not to much difference with the exception of the canapés you can order each night a nice touch.

I'm not clear on whether or not CC uses their separate MDR area for breakfast and lunch also, or do they mix with the other passengers in the regular dining areas for those meals? If so, do they have to wait if there is a line, or do they have walk-in privileges as at dinner?

It becomes a good habit because you can usually even sit at the same table with the same waiter and staff.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all served in the same separate area of the MDR, we never had any wait and it was never overly crowded.

'Specials' included a surf 'n' turf with the king/tiger prawns prepared 'table side', or steak Diane, or Prawn Danielle (my wife had that, cannot recall what it was!), a scallop dish amongst others.

They made a big thing of it (we were week 1 on Regal) of saying "and ONLY for CC passengers, we have todays special....".

It was a great thing to have, and we would do it again.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all served in the same separate area of the MDR, we never had any wait and it was never overly crowded.

It was never overly crowded because you were sitting in the CC area.

What about the people waiting outside & the ones waiting with beepers.

Different story.

It was never overly crowded because you were sitting in the CC area.

What about the people waiting outside & the ones waiting with beepers.

Different story.

That's why I chose CC.

To be honest, I never saw that much of a wait in the regular line. At one time there were around 10-15 people, but within 7-10 minutes they had all been seated.

That's why I chose CC.

To be honest, I never saw that much of a wait in the regular line. At one time there were around 10-15 people, but within 7-10 minutes they had all been seated.

Right, they sat down & then they called the next 50 people with beepers to the podium. :rolleyes:

I have no problem with people paying for extra service as long as it doesn't slow down the service that I'm expecting.

Club Class does exactly that. :(

Seeing that it's been raved about by all that have tried it I'm certain that they'll be an increase in price next year sometime.

'Specials' included a surf 'n' turf with the king/tiger prawns prepared 'table side', or steak Diane, or Prawn Danielle (my wife had that, cannot recall what it was!), a scallop dish amongst others.

They made a big thing of it (we were week 1 on Regal) of saying "and ONLY for CC passengers, we have todays special....".

It was a great thing to have, and we would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked in a club class mini suite on the Royal and are deciding whether to keep our traditional dining reservation. Is it possible to sit at a table for 2 in the CC dining section?

Yes, there are mostly tables for 2, but also 4-8. We could more or less choose our table area most nights. CC is the way forward and I don't think it impinges on regular MDR.

Because of CC there are less people in MDR, our head waiter was in charge of the whole room and sent CC wait staff to the MDR to support in high demand times. There have always been wait times and I indeed have waited before CC was in place, with or without a pager (I tended to do a standing 7.30 reservation all cruise), but no longer than I saw people wait on this cruise with CC.

If I am reading everything correctly. If you are in CC and have traditional dinning you don't get any extras in the dinning room?

Yes that is right, as it is one of the main perks of CC. You get all the CC dining benefits only if you eat in the CC area of the MDR you are in and then you can get the enhanced menu and service. Traditional dining is just that, but of course you still get all the non dining benefits elsewhere if you still eat TD.

Right, they sat down & then they called the next 50 people with beepers to the podium. :rolleyes:

I have no problem with people paying for extra service as long as it doesn't slow down the service that I'm expecting.

Club Class does exactly that. :(

Seeing that it's been raved about by all that have tried it I'm certain that they'll be an increase in price next year sometime.

How do you know this? First hand experience?

I haven't seen many, if any, reports from people who said that CC diminished their dining experience any more than before.

We have been on the Emerald Princess for the past 9 days and we have two more days to go until the end of the cruise.

We have a Club Class Mini Suite and have eaten in the Club Class Dining area of the Da Vince Dining Room for every breakfast and dinner. We prefer to have lunch in the International Café.

It is working extremely well on the Emerald. The Da Vince dining room has two entrances and the Club Class is on the left hand side so that no-one else can get to the MDR using that entrance. The Club Class eating area consists of mostly tables for 2 with the addition of a few tables for four and six people.

There is a Banquette along the back wall with 7 tables for two placed along that area. We have had most of our meals in this area and have enjoyed eating here and getting to know many more couples by being placed in this area.

The Head Waiter of the Club Class dining room is very personable and welcoming and of course he cooks dishes in the centre of the dining room both for breakfast and dinner. Every evening there is an extra main course added to the menu as well as usually an extra dessert. The same wait staff are there for every meal, so just as for Traditional dining, they get to know what you like and bring them to you without asking. eg. grapefruit juice in the morning, and 3 teabags in the teapot etc. In other words, it is really a separate dining room just for those in Club Class.

We also love the new beds and linen in our mini suites plus the lovely new dressing gowns.

Of course being Elite, there isn't anything else that is special except for the two half bottles of wine that were waiting in our cabin when we boarded.

We have compared the new Club Class to Aqua Class on Celebrity. It is very similar and the big advantage is being able to eat when you choose without waiting.

Would we book it again? Yes, we would definitely book Club Class if it is available. We will be on the Sea Princess in April and our one disappointment is that Club Class will not be introduced until later on this year.

Jennie

How do you know this? First hand experience?

I haven't seen many, if any, reports from people who said that CC diminished their dining experience any more than before.

Oh yes there are. The only people I hear raving about how great it is are from the people that are in the Club Class.

I've been reading many posts about how long the waits have been.

We have been on the Emerald Princess for the past 9 days and we have two more days to go until the end of the cruise.

We have a Club Class Mini Suite and have eaten in the Club Class Dining area of the Da Vince Dining Room for every breakfast and dinner. We prefer to have lunch in the International Café.

It is working extremely well on the Emerald. The Da Vince dining room has two entrances and the Club Class is on the left hand side so that no-one else can get to the MDR using that entrance. The Club Class eating area consists of mostly tables for 2 with the addition of a few tables for four and six people.

There is a Banquette along the back wall with 7 tables for two placed along that area. We have had most of our meals in this area and have enjoyed eating here and getting to know many more couples by being placed in this area.

The Head Waiter of the Club Class dining room is very personable and welcoming and of course he cooks dishes in the centre of the dining room both for breakfast and dinner. Every evening there is an extra main course added to the menu as well as usually an extra dessert. The same wait staff are there for every meal, so just as for Traditional dining, they get to know what you like and bring them to you without asking. eg. grapefruit juice in the morning, and 3 teabags in the teapot etc. In other words, it is really a separate dining room just for those in Club Class.

We also love the new beds and linen in our mini suites plus the lovely new dressing gowns.

Of course being Elite, there isn't anything else that is special except for the two half bottles of wine that were waiting in our cabin when we boarded.

We have compared the new Club Class to Aqua Class on Celebrity. It is very similar and the big advantage is being able to eat when you choose without waiting.

Would we book it again? Yes, we would definitely book Club Class if it is available. We will be on the Sea Princess in April and our one disappointment is that Club Class will not be introduced until later on this year.

Jennie

Thanks VERY much for your excellent information.

We are booked in a CC Mini Suite and are looking forward to CC Dining ... but do enjoy at least being able to chat with others while having dinner.

Was lunch in the MDR for CC only on At Sea Days?

We were told by our Head Waiter that lunch was on in the Club Class Da Vinci dining room every day but I cannot vouch for that as we had lunch in Noumea on one day and the other days when we returned from being ashore, we ate in the International Café.

One extra piece of information. For those in full Suites, they still have their breakfast in the Crown Grill, away from us, but they then eat their other meals in our dining room. We have got to know quite a few who are in the full suites and they are also enjoying the Club Class dining room. I haven't heard one complaint about the new Club Class on this ship.

Jennie

Edited by Aussie Gal

We were told by our Head Waiter that lunch was on in the Club Class Da Vinci dining room every day but I cannot vouch for that as we had lunch in Noumea on one day and the other days when we returned from being ashore, we ate in the International Café.

One extra piece of information. For those in full Suites, they still have their breakfast in the Crown Grill, away from us, but they then eat their other meals in our dining room. We have got to know quite a few who are in the full suites and they are also enjoying the Club Class dining room. I haven't heard one complaint about the new Club Class on this ship.

Jennie

Thank you for your review. We have been sailing in full suites and I look forward to CC dining.

Then explain why the dining time waits on the ships that have begun CC are generally much longer.

To be honest I don't think they are. From what I saw over 14 nights in the non CC queue, they ranged from no line at all to a typical line of 10-15 people. Nothing essentially difference from any other cruise I have been on over the years. Sometimes there are long waits, sometimes minimal but no huge differentiation from other years. Saw a few people with pagers but not that many.