NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

This thread as been very interesting.... all types of conjectures about what the new club class will mean for all of the passengers. Several comments have been posted about the concern of additional passengers in the MDR for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We have been very loyal Princess passengers. We have constantly moved up in our cabin selection over the years... for the past four cruises we have booked suites. Suites aboard Princess ships offer very little in the way of perks when compared with similar cruise lines. My DW and I find the only benefit that keeps us with Princess is the Mimosa Breakfast. IOO club class dinning will not see a large intake of suite passengers for enhanced dining in the MDR... over the last four cruises we have eaten one dinner in the MDR. The faces we see at the Mimosa breakfast in the morning are also the faces we see at the specialty restaurants in the evening throughout the cruise. We don't believe any of the suite passengers would give up the outstanding breakfast and excellent service associated with the speciality Mimosa breakfast! We also believe only a very few suite passengers would try the enhanced club dining with the information that is currently available. We are already considering changing cruise lines to RSSC, Oceania, or Silverseas due to the very limited perks aboard Princess. However, if Princess does away the Mimosa breakfast for suite passengers or combines it with the club dining in one of the MDRs... there will be no more considering!

This thread as been very interesting.... all types of conjectures about what the new club class will mean for all of the passengers. Several comments have been posted about the concern of additional passengers in the MDR for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We have been very loyal Princess passengers. We have constantly moved up in our cabin selection over the years... for the past four cruises we have booked suites. Suites aboard Princess ships offer very little in the way of perks when compared with similar cruise lines. My DW and I find the only benefit that keeps us with Princess is the Mimosa Breakfast. IOO club class dinning will not see a large intake of suite passengers for enhanced dining in the MDR... over the last four cruises we have eaten one dinner in the MDR. The faces we see at the Mimosa breakfast in the morning are also the faces we see at the specialty restaurants in the evening throughout the cruise. We don't believe any of the suite passengers would give up the outstanding breakfast and excellent service associated with the speciality Mimosa breakfast! We also believe only a very few suite passengers would try the enhanced club dining with the information that is currently available. We are already considering changing cruise lines to RSSC, Oceania, or Silverseas due to the very limited perks aboard Princess. However, if Princess does away the Mimosa breakfast for suite passengers or combines it with the club dining in one of the MDRs... there will be no more considering!

Having sailed both we don't care for Regent or Oceania.

They are slipping in the food/service dept.

You may want to read some recent reviews for both before booking one.

I disagree with Colo Cruiser. We had a wonderful 33 day cruise on Marina in April and May this year and have booked another 34 day cruise for December next year on the Regatta.

We have did 35 days on Nautica back in 2008 and that was our best cruise ever.

The food was superb on our cruise this year and we couldn't fault the service either. It is definitely a step up from Princess but then again we love the extras that being Elite offers on Princess. We just wish that Princess had kept the little ships especially the Ocean Princess which was our favourite. I know the Pacific Princess is still around but we are not keen on her itineraries.

Jennie

That's true, but I assume there will be some kind of physical separation for the Club Class section, a rope, a wall, iron bars...

Sound proof wall I hope. The noise in the MDRs, where everyone tries to shout down everyone else nowadays, is unbearable. 20 years ago people had more decorum. Faithful to Princess, this has to be their last chance.:(

shredie That's true, but I assume there will be some kind of physical separation for the Club Class section, a rope, a wall, iron bars...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More speculation - Assuming that per Princess CC dining will be in a Traditional Dining Room - entry may be through one set of doors (starboard/port) for Traditional (Fixed) Dining -and- the other set of doors for CC dining. For now - I can not imagine a physical separation but rather one side (or portion of) the MDR for CC dining. Hopefully we'll have some first hand CC facts from Ruby roll-out 12/10 - in 36 days.

I was just looking at a "Live" from the current 1-day repo from Vancouver to Seattle on the Ruby. The DaVinci DR on Fiesta deck 6 is usually early TD/late ATD but it is now listed as "Early Seating Enhanced Dining/late ATD. The Michelangelo DR is ATD all evening and the Botticelli DR is TD all evening.

Thank you for this info. We have been booking TD for the last few years and last 2 trip (both booked 14-18 months out) on the Regal we had to go the early TD in the ATD room. Not happy but hey when we started out we were full by night 3 folk's behind and both tables on right and 1 on left stayed empty the entire trip. SAD why book TD. Hope on the Ruby we get the Botticelli we liked this DR last time very much.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

According to the Princess website, Club Class Mini-Suites will debut on the following dates:

• Ruby Princess, Dec. 10, 2016

Chuck

On ruby, does anyone know the total number of mini-suites,

and the number that are now 'club class'?

Thanks.

Pablo On ruby, does anyone know the total number of mini-suites, and the number that are now 'club class'?thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half of what was category MA mini's are now M1 mini's - previously posted - easy to count & don't forget to include the full suites also are now CC.

I'm curious on the number of status credits that are received on the new clubclass minisuites.

I would assume, having not read anything to the contrary to date, that as it's a minisuite (with perks) it would still be one status credit.

However, I noticed on this thread that a poster has stated they had 2 status credits showing on their personalizer, while another poster said they had 1 status credit showing on their personalizer.

Does anyone have anything concrete as yet (short of waiting for cruisers on the Ruby or Emerald to return later this month...)?

I'm curious on the number of status credits that are received on the new clubclass minisuites.

I would assume, having not read anything to the contrary to date, that as it's a minisuite (with perks) it would still be one status credit.

However, I noticed on this thread that a poster has stated they had 2 status credits showing on their personalizer, while another poster said they had 1 status credit showing on their personalizer.

Does anyone have anything concrete as yet (short of waiting for cruisers on the Ruby or Emerald to return later this month...)?

Solo maybe?

Lanwood I'm curious on the number of status credits that are received on the new clubclass minisuites. I would assume, having not read anything to the contrary to date, that as it's a minisuite (with perks) it would still be one status credit. However, I noticed on this thread that a poster has stated they had 2 status credits showing on their personalizer, while another poster said they had 1 status credit showing on their personalizer. Does anyone have anything concrete as yet (short of waiting for cruisers on the Ruby or Emerald to return later this month...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just did a double-check at my Princess Personalizer for our Feb Regal B2B M1 Club Class bookings - don't know if this is concrete enough - but ours show as one (1) credit per person per cruise segment - already Elite so not that important for us.

Pablo On ruby, does anyone know the total number of mini-suites, and the number that are now 'club class'?thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half of what was category MA mini's are now M1 mini's - previously posted - easy to count & don't forget to include the full suites also are now CC.

Thanks, I counted 28 mini suites.

Not sure how many suites --- to hard to count on so many decks...

pablo222 Thanks, I counted 28 mini suites. Not sure how many suites --- to hard to count on so many decks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using Regal Princess as an example - I count 30 M1 Mini's + 28 Full Suites - using 2 passengers per cabin - that's only 120 +/- Club Class passengers - not much impact spread out over the MDR evening hours for a ship listed with a 3560 base passenger capacity. If I have the numbers right.

• 3 weeks later...
Very valid points.

Problem I see with the Club Class Mini is it really doesn't offer anything of value to justify the additional expense. There is no "wow" or point of difference in this proposed class, especially when you compare it to some of the other lines.

Roped off section in the MDR? Maybe okay if they offered a different menu.

The whole problem with the ATD is it should be just for the guests that chose it. If you chose early then you should eat early or the buffet, a specialty restaurant. Same for the late dinner. But you have way to many people changing their minds and then the lines for the ATD is 45 mins. I am looking forward to our January CC trip! If for no other reason then this issue. I will try and give some good feed back during our after our Ruby trip stating January 21st.

But you have way to many people changing their minds and then the lines for the ATD is 45 mins. I am looking forward to our January CC trip! If for no other reason then this issue.

When I was on Royal, about 20% of the traditional dining

room was not even set up for second seating.

These people were not crashing anytime dining.

They had not signed up for traditional, and anytime is where

they rightfully belonged.

When I was on Royal, about 20% of the traditional dining

room was not even set up for second seating.

These people were not crashing anytime dining.

They had not signed up for traditional, and anytime is where

they rightfully belonged.

Point taken.

I too will be able to be offer some insight on Club Class after our 11 day cruise on the Emerald on the 21st January. We are looking forward to seeing how it works. We didn't pay very much for being in Club Class only $200 p.p. extra so we are going with very open minds.

Jennie