NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

We booked B409 as a regular Mini Suite, I am more than happy with that after all is it what I paid for. I am in no way angling for any upgrade and it looks as though my Mini is not part of the Club Class anyway.

Out of interest how do you find out how each cabin is classed?

Hopefully everyone who booked a cabin that is now categorized as Club Class will receive those benefits. However since it has not yet been implemented on any ship then none of us know whether that is true or not.

It's possible (but hopefully not probable) that they could only give Club Class benefits to those who booked a cabin that way. Unlike a full suite, they can designate any minisuite cabin for Club Class benefits irrespective of the cabin's location. Princess could decide to only give passengers who paid more to get Club Class benefits and not to those who didn't pay extra book to book it that way.

Since that situation is a possibility, I wouldn't depend upon getting Club Class benefits if I didn't originally book that way despite reassurances on CC that I would get the benefits. I think calling Princess would only result in "yes" and others would get "no" answers which happens even with well established programs. The program has not yet been implemented & thus none of us (including probably Princess reps) know with certainty what Princess will do until it's implemented months from now.

Hopefully passengers whose cabins have been recategorized to Club Class will receive these benefits however since they didn't book it that way then those passengers may not get the Club Class benefits.

I spoke with Princess on the phone today, because we are directly affected by this change. We had booked a mid-ship mini (MA), back in August 2015, on the Island Princess with a sail date in April 2017. As our stateroom is now listed as a "Premium mini" we wanted to know what was what ! Princess agent immediately confirmed that we were were automatically upgraded (?) to Club Class benefits, at no additional cost to our original booked fare.

...VTX-Al

We just returned from the Royal TA in B429. We love mini suites and will be most unhappy to give up midship locations. Out travel buddies always book a balcony so special dining doesn't matter. We won't pay for club class! Karen

Astro Flyer Hopefully everyone who booked a cabin that is now categorized as Club Class will receive those benefits. However since it has not yet been implemented on any ship then none of us know whether that is true or not.It's possible (but hopefully not probable) that they could only give Club Class benefits to those who booked a cabin that way. Unlike a full suite, they can designate any minisuite cabin for Club Class benefits irrespective of the cabin's location. Princess could decide to only give passengers who paid more to get Club Class benefits and not to those who didn't pay extra book to book it that way.Since that situation is a possibility, I wouldn't depend upon getting Club Class benefits if I didn't originally book that way despite reassurances on CC that I would get the benefits. I think calling Princess would only result in "yes" and others would get "no" answers which happens even with well established programs. The program has not yet been implemented & thus none of us (including probably Princess reps) know with certainty what Princess will do until it's implemented months from now.

Hopefully passengers whose cabins have been recategorized to Club Class will receive these benefits however since they didn't book it that way then those passengers may not get the Club Class benefits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting read but-we booked Regal B2B 2/5 & 2/12/2017 back in early March and recently received Club Class Princess email confirmation for our Deck 14 Mini Suite "Welcome To The Club Class Mini-Suite Experience. Congratulations - You'll Be One Of The First To Experience A Club Class Premium Mini Suite". Also called my PCVP - looks like all's good to go!

Hopefully everyone who booked a cabin that is now categorized as Club Class will receive those benefits. However since it has not yet been implemented on any ship then none of us know whether that is true or not.

Hi Astro,

I guess it's safe to say we don't really know until it happens, but we actually got an email from Princess that our April mid-ship mini on the Coral was now in Club status and the email contained the benefits which come with that status.

We'll see. We're fine either way.

Bruce

Thanks for this info.

We have an Angled Balcony Mini on deck 11 booked for 15th January. Do you think we will get an email from Princess with a price increase to reflect its new status?

I think you will get an email telling you that you have been given Club Class complementary. I got one for a sailing on the Coral Princess April 17th, 2017.

I spoke with Princess on the phone today, because we are directly affected by this change. We had booked a mid-ship mini (MA), back in August 2015, on the Island Princess with a sail date in April 2017. As our stateroom is now listed as a "Premium mini" we wanted to know what was what ! Princess agent immediately confirmed that we were were automatically upgraded (?) to Club Class benefits, at no additional cost to our original booked fare.

...VTX-Al

Interesting read but-we booked Regal B2B 2/5 & 2/12/2017 back in early March and recently received Club Class Princess email confirmation for our Deck 14 Mini Suite "Welcome To The Club Class Mini-Suite Experience. Congratulations - You'll Be One Of The First To Experience A Club Class Premium Mini Suite". Also called my PCVP - looks like all's good to go!
Hi Astro,

I guess it's safe to say we don't really know until it happens, but we actually got an email from Princess that our April mid-ship mini on the Coral was now in Club status and the email contained the benefits which come with that status.

We'll see. We're fine either way.

Bruce

I think you will get an email telling you that you have been given Club Class complementary. I got one for a sailing on the Coral Princess April 17th, 2017.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences and hopefully they provided accurate information. ;)

Knowing how Princess reps sometimes are not kept up to date, the verbal reassurance (I'd have the agents name, date & time) would be not as valid to me as the email confirmation. I'd bring those emails in case there are any problems as I've seen other things Princess said we would get become a problem onboard. :(

Like the recent mistakes in the new suite benefits info, Club Class could still be subject to changes but with an email you should receive the benefits. :D

Hopefully by the time it's implemented, everything will be finalized & passengers will know exactly what to expect with Club Class.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences and hopefully they provided accurate information. ;)

Knowing how Princess reps sometimes are not kept up to date, the verbal reassurance (I'd have the agents name, date & time) would be not as valid to me as the email confirmation. I'd bring those emails in case there are any problems as I've seen other things Princess said we would get become a problem onboard. :(

Hi again Astro,

I realized I could have included the email I received. Here it is:

<<Dear Bruce,

Congratulations! Your Mini-Suite has been elevated to Club Class, which means you'll now enjoy VIP priority services, enhanced amenities and exclusive dining benefits, at no additional charge to you!

Revel in unparalleled luxuries — welcome to Club Class.>>

Very cheery! Again we'll see what happens.

Could be one of those "who knew" situations ,

Bruce

Hi again Astro,

I realized I could have included the email I received. Here it is:

<<Dear Bruce,

Congratulations! Your Mini-Suite has been elevated to Club Class, which means you'll now enjoy VIP priority services, enhanced amenities and exclusive dining benefits, at no additional charge to you!

Revel in unparalleled luxuries — welcome to Club Class.>>

Very cheery! Again we'll see what happens.

Could be one of those "who knew" situations ,

Bruce

Thanks Bruce & it's helpul to anyone who may be eligible for this new program.

Edited by Astro Flyer

With all the CC discussion/questions regarding Club Class - just to make sure all was well - today I had updated Princess Booking Confirmations emailed to me (same as a re-fare procedure) and under the Booking Confirmations COMMENTS section it states -

Cabin Documents Notes: Club Class Mini Suite Extended Angled Balcony. Basically - for the mini's - if it's a M1 cabin category - it's Club Class. Good to have final confirmation.

M2 on the Pacific Princess also designated as Club Class

I wonder how they are going to implement that since there is no ATD on that ship. Called Princess yesterday and they didn't know. :mad:

Perhaps the club class on the PP won't be anytime. Assuming they group the tables contiguously, seems feasible if you eat at standard times.

We booked our forward coveted Mini on the regal (M107) about three months ago for January 15 2017. It is classified as an M6 Mini. I just logged on today and saw that the cabin now states it is a premium mini and states club class in the notes. It is also $300 more than we paid and is at the same prices as the M1 extended angled Mini's that are midship. Honestly, I do not care if we get any of the benefits as we are already elite, rarely dine in the dining room and we do not drink wine. Just thought I would post that it is not just the midship minis that have been reclassified. However, those forward facing cabins on the regal are fantastic - especially the corner ones like M107 - so I can understand why they would reclassify and get more $$ for them.

We booked our forward coveted Mini on the regal (M107) about three months ago for January 15 2017. It is classified as an M6 Mini. I just logged on today and saw that the cabin now states it is a premium mini and states club class in the notes. It is also $300 more than we paid and is at the same prices as the M1 extended angled Mini's that are midship. Honestly, I do not care if we get any of the benefits as we are already elite, rarely dine in the dining room and we do not drink wine. Just thought I would post that it is not just the midship minis that have been reclassified. However, those forward facing cabins on the regal are fantastic - especially the corner ones like M107 - so I can understand why they would reclassify and get more $$ for them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes - you are correct. I see that those Marina Deck 15 forward mini's are also Club Class - missed that - good info - thanks. Agree - we too are Elite so the Club Class really adds only the new dining & wine - but still not a bad deal.

We just did the TA on the Caribbean Princess to Europe. One of the two AT dining rooms was designated at Traditional Dining until 7:00 PM. So that meant we were down to one AT dining room for a couple of hours each evening. If they turn around and designate part of the one remaining dining room to be Club dining then it might be hard to get in period.

As to giving the Club class better beds, Princess needs to rethink it and give everyone better beds. I am already unhappy with Princess menu selection. It was pretty limited IMO.

I hope at least 1 Mini Suite with Handicapped Accessibility is available on each ship in Club Class.

It seems for most ships, not all, the lowest Suite fitted for Handicapped Accessibility and with a price tag to match, is a Penthouse Suite. Although very nice, when you are travelling solo, it's quite a price difference between a Vista Suite/or a Window Suite on the Golden Princess and a Penthouse Suite.

I know 6 ships have 2 Aft Mini Suites that have Handicapped Accessible Bathrooms-not sure if all the ships are listed as having them, and I don't remember all of them. Know Golden, and Star, unsure of the other 4 ships.

I hope at least 1 Mini Suite with Handicapped Accessibility is available on each ship in Club Class.

It seems for most ships, not all, the lowest Suite fitted for Handicapped Accessibility and with a price tag to match, is a Penthouse Suite. Although very nice, when you are travelling solo, it's quite a price difference between a Vista Suite/or a Window Suite on the Golden Princess and a Penthouse Suite.

I know 6 ships have 2 Aft Mini Suites that have Handicapped Accessible Bathrooms-not sure if all the ships are listed as having them, and I don't remember all of them. Know Golden, and Star, unsure of the other 4 ships.

Pursuing the problem of getting an HC mini suite cabin graded for enhanced dining on the Crown and Pacific next year ,when they are scheduled to have that facility. The guy at UK booking said he will contact USA and get back to me. Princess really haven't thought this one through.:confused:

Pursuing the problem of getting an HC mini suite cabin graded for enhanced dining on the Crown and Pacific next year ,when they are scheduled to have that facility. The guy at UK booking said he will contact USA and get back to me. Princess really haven't thought this one through.:confused:

or they may have thought it through, but just have decided on something different then what you want. Since the HC mini's are already in demand and since they are somewhat limited in number, their concern is probably more about not getting complaints about raising the prices on the few that exist. Thus keeping them out of club class and keeping prices lower.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really excited about the change. It may be what makes up our mind between Royal Caribbean and Princess next year. We snagged L108, which is the corner mini-suite on the top deck. We booked it quite some time ago and got a pretty good deal, so I was happy with it; we had a forward facing mini last yer and LOVED it. Now that it's a club class, the price has gone up, but we have our price locked in, so we get some added benefits without paying what today's rate is.

I'm really excited about the change. It may be what makes up our mind between Royal Caribbean and Princess next year. We snagged L108, which is the corner mini-suite on the top deck. We booked it quite some time ago and got a pretty good deal, so I was happy with it; we had a forward facing mini last yer and LOVED it. Now that it's a club class, the price has gone up, but we have our price locked in, so we get some added benefits without paying what today's rate is.[/quote

You will love L108. We had it before they recatagorized it last time. Nice!

As shredie posted, the Club Class dining will be in a portion of an anytime DR. If people want traditional dining they can request that but it is unclear if they will have Club Class dining features in TD.

The basic benefit of Club Class is the Club Class dining. If you don't do that, why pay the extra for Club Class?

Actually the website says "An exclusive area of the Main Dining Room."

There are three dining rooms - none singularly known as the Main. In my mind that most closely equates to the Traditional DR.

This is going to operate like Britannia Club on Cunard.

Actually the website says "An exclusive area of the Main Dining Room."

There are three dining rooms - none singularly known as the Main. In my mind that most closely equates to the Traditional DR.

This is going to operate like Britannia Club on Cunard.

Princess has clearly stated that the Club Class dining will be in separate area of an Anytime DR.

Princess has clearly stated that the Club Class dining will be in separate area of an Anytime DR.

This to me is quite irritating since they are now going to take away from the AT dining room so that the "Club Class" diners can arrive at any time to a table & be seated immediately- as I understand it. Yes, I realize that they're paying for the privilege but as an Elite person with many dozens & of cruises, it means nothing to Princess.

The way things are today I am clearly against making standing reservations at this time for the AT dining room but if I find that with the new "Club Class" is taking away from the seating & service I'll have to rethink my decision & may go back to making a standing reservation to be on level with the "Club Class" diners. (at least with seating time).

We will see.