NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

The primary difference is that they are committing to no or little wait. That means that there must be empty seats available or near to be available at all times. In order to meet that commitment they must have a higher ratio of seats available for that 100+ passengers then normal. Consequently the ratio of seats per passenger for the rest will have to go down by some degree. We won't know for sure how much and its impact until we see the implementation.

Not necessarily. Some club class will still take traditional dining, some will use the buffet, some will be in specialty restaurants, some will be in line for the regular AT because they are traveling with non club class. It sounds like there won't be so many club class to make a big impact. Princess has to do more to justify the higher price. Each person will have to decide if the extra service is worth the extra fare.

I realize this is probably one of those "newbie" questions that makes some of you roll your eyes and groan out loud... but I'm wondering how you're finding out how many, and which, of the mini suites are being turned into Club Class on any particular ship. Are you simply going through the booking process and checking the deck plans? Or is that announced somewhere?

Also, since I'm disliking the whole idea of Club Class, but absolutely LOVED the Regal when when sailed on her this past January, I'm wondering how much the "reconfiguration process" in the MDRs is going to be a nuisance immediately prior to the announced beginning of the change. For the Royal, the date Club Class is supposed to take effect is Jan 29 2017. So..... I'm wondering if DH and I booked the cruise immediately preceding that in January, will the ship be a mess? Or is that date just "approx?"

Bear with me guys. I'm still learning here.

I realize this is probably one of those "newbie" questions that makes some of you roll your eyes and groan out loud... but I'm wondering how you're finding out how many, and which, of the mini suites are being turned into Club Class on any particular ship. Are you simply going through the booking process and checking the deck plans? Or is that announced somewhere?

Also, since I'm disliking the whole idea of Club Class, but absolutely LOVED the Regal when when sailed on her this past January, I'm wondering how much the "reconfiguration process" in the MDRs is going to be a nuisance immediately prior to the announced beginning of the change. For the Royal, the date Club Class is supposed to take effect is Jan 29 2017. So..... I'm wondering if DH and I booked the cruise immediately preceding that in January, will the ship be a mess? Or is that date just "approx?"

Bear with me guys. I'm still learning here.

The Club Class mini's are midships. If you look at deck plans after the rollout date they will show as M1 or M2 on the Pacific.

There shouldn't be any impact on the cruise just before, unless they are putting up physical dividers rather than just roping of a section in the MDR.

This is essentially the same thing as Britannia Club on Cunard. I've experienced that and really enjoyed having a fixed table that I could go to at any time during regular dining hours. Same reason that I like the Sanctuary.

I would actually imagine that they will create this section in the Traditional Dining Room, not the Anytime Dining Rooms. I don't believe it will have any impact at all on others and depending on how it's done, most probably won't even be aware it exists.

Not necessarily. Some club class will still take traditional dining, some will use the buffet, some will be in specialty restaurants, some will be in line for the regular AT because they are traveling with non club class. It sounds like there won't be so many club class to make a big impact. Princess has to do more to justify the higher price. Each person will have to decide if the extra service is worth the extra fare.

If I'm paying the premium price, my pals can just go eat by themselves. :p If the whole point of this new class is to have dining perks, it would make no sense at all to book it and then eat in TD. Your scenario makes it sound like there will be 15 people in the club dining room. :rolleyes: We don't know yet how big an impact this will have on ATD, but I'm willing to be it will be significant.

I would actually imagine that they will create this section in the Traditional Dining Room' date=' not the Anytime Dining Rooms.[/quote']As shredie posted, the Club Class dining will be in a portion of an anytime DR. If people want traditional dining they can request that but it is unclear if they will have Club Class dining features in TD.

The basic benefit of Club Class is the Club Class dining. If you don't do that, why pay the extra for Club Class?

Edited by IECalCruiser

As shredie posted, the Club Class dining will be in a portion of an anytime DR. If people want traditional dining they can request that but it is unclear if they will have Club Class dining features in TD.

The basic benefit of Club Class is the Club Class dining. If you don't do that, why pay the extra for Club Class?

I can't say I am crazy about this but it would be nice to be able to go dinner anytime I want within the dining room hours. However from what I can see the price is prohibitive. Our already booked cabin on the Royal 20 day Feb. 18th 2017 cruise is now $930 per person more than we booked it for a year ago.

And for us, there may be another reason and that is the cabin that we love, L108/L107 on the Royal, category M6. They are now club class and cost that additional $930 per person I mentioned before. At least we won't have to pay it the first time.

That's not what the official information says.

While it is going to be an anytime service, my expectation is that they will carve out a substantial portion of the mixed use dining room, the one that is traditional early dining, any ATD after the first seating.

Someone indicated that on some ships that dining room is showing up as being "enhanced dining". If so it will make early traditional dining harder to get.

I guess if you wanted a mini in that location? Not a lot of choice if you want a mid ship mini but not club class............

Looking at Regal Princess with a Club Class roll-out date of 1-8-2017 it appears that currently the 5 mid-ship aft port & starboard side Extended Angled Balcony Mini's on decks 14, 12 & 11 are now designated as M1 Club Class Premium Extended Angled Balcony Mini's. The forward 5 port/starboard mini's on those decks remain as category MA. The total Club Class passenger count of the new M1 mini suites figuring 2 people per cabin is about 60 passengers plus the 38 full suites at 2 people per cabin totals less than 150 people out of the total 3560 passenger mix that should have no negative impact on existing dining arrangements and IMO an industry step forward for Princess.

Looking at Regal Princess with a Club Class roll-out date of 1-8-2017 it appears that currently the 5 mid-ship aft port & starboard side Extended Angled Balcony Mini's on decks 14, 12 & 11 are now designated as M1 Club Class Premium Extended Angled Balcony Mini's. The forward 5 port/starboard mini's on those decks remain as category MA. The total Club Class passenger count of the new M1 mini suites figuring 2 people per cabin is about 60 passengers plus the 38 full suites at 2 people per cabin totals less than 150 people out of the total 3560 passenger mix that should have no negative impact on existing dining arrangements and IMO an industry step forward for Princess.

Thanks for this info.

We have an Angled Balcony Mini on deck 11 booked for 15th January. Do you think we will get an email from Princess with a price increase to reflect its new status?

Thanks for this info.

We have an Angled Balcony Mini on deck 11 booked for 15th January. Do you think we will get an email from Princess with a price increase to reflect its new status?

If you already have a cruise booked and deposited the price to you will never go up.

Only new people booking will pay the increase.

Edited by chamima

If you already have a cruise booked and deposited the price to you will never go up.

Only new people booking will pay the increase.

Thanks Karen.

I assume because we are not paying the extra then we won't get the Club Class benefits. Oh well! some you win, some you loose. I will enjoy the cruise either way.

Thanks Karen.

I assume because we are not paying the extra then we won't get the Club Class benefits. Oh well! some you win, some you loose. I will enjoy the cruise either way.

Au contraire -

If your cabin is classified as "Club Class" when you cruise you WILL get the benefits. :D

Sometimes changes DO work out to some passengers benefit.

(I just checked the roll out schedule for the Regal and Club Class starts Jan. 8th so it looks like you have a win-win)

Edited by chamima

Au contraire -

If your cabin is classified as "Club Class" when you cruise you WILL get the benefits. :D

Sometimes changes DO work out to some passengers benefit.

(I just checked the roll out schedule for the Regal and Club Class starts Jan. 8th so it looks like you have a win-win)

Wow! Thanks for checking that out for me Karen.

I guess if you wanted a mini in that location? Not a lot of choice if you want a mid ship mini but not club class............

Also hate our favorite mid ship mini suites will be taken over by Club Class. :(

LuLu

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If already booked in one of the ten (10) Baja Deck 11 Extended Angled Balcony Mini Suites (Port Side B420,422,426,428, 432) or (Starboard Side B421,423,427,429,433) now designated as a M1 Premium Mini Suite Club Class - and sailing Regal after the 1-8-17 Club Class roll-out date - yes you will have the new Club Class benefits and of course no price increase since you booked that cabin prior to the CC change. Enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If already booked in one of the ten (10) Baja Deck 11 Extended Angled Balcony Mini Suites (Port Side B420,422,426,428, 432) or (Starboard Side B421,423,427,429,433) now designated as a M1 Premium Mini Suite Club Class - and sailing Regal after the 1-8-17 Club Class roll-out date - yes you will have the new Club Class benefits and of course no price increase since you booked that cabin prior to the CC change. Enjoy.

There goes my upgrade. We have B409 booked. :(

Thanks Karen.

Princess would never do something like that to you.

Hopefully everyone who booked a cabin that is now categorized as Club Class will receive those benefits. However since it has not yet been implemented on any ship then none of us know whether that is true or not.

It's possible (but hopefully not probable) that they could only give Club Class benefits to those who booked a cabin that way. Unlike a full suite, they can designate any minisuite cabin for Club Class benefits irrespective of the cabin's location. Princess could decide to only give passengers who paid more to get Club Class benefits and not to those who didn't pay extra book to book it that way.

Since that situation is a possibility, I wouldn't depend upon getting Club Class benefits if I didn't originally book that way despite reassurances on CC that I would get the benefits. I think calling Princess would only result in "yes" and others would get "no" answers which happens even with well established programs. The program has not yet been implemented & thus none of us (including probably Princess reps) know with certainty what Princess will do until it's implemented months from now.

Hopefully passengers whose cabins have been recategorized to Club Class will receive these benefits however since they didn't book it that way then those passengers may not get the Club Class benefits.