NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

Very valid points.

Problem I see with the Club Class Mini is it really doesn't offer anything of value to justify the additional expense. There is no "wow" or point of difference in this proposed class, especially when you compare it to some of the other lines.

Roped off section in the MDR? Maybe okay if they offered a different menu.

They are promising at least one special selection, and I presume you will get more attentive service. I have a cruise booked next year on Crown and had been studying the deck plans to see if an upgrade to a mini suite would make sense -- but the price difference is very large and until today the only benefit was a little more room. This new benefit could make all the difference, except that I snagged an aft corner balcony -- so now my choice is: better food vs. better view? But I suspect on the new Princess ships they will take care of this by putting all the aft cabins in the mini and above categories.

Can't wait to see what they'll charge for club class. We like to do Aqua on Celebrity and enjoy the dedicated small, intimate dining room and extremely accommodating service and we also enjoy the use of the spa INCluded with Aqua, but we won't pay more than $25 pp per day over the price of a regular balcony accommodation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is all about $$$

We were on the Queen Mary 2, last year, booked it because many say you have to experience the QM2. We did, not impressed, liked the Queen Victoria far better, that is another story.

Reason I mention this, we found the QM2. had a Club Cabin class, that actually, the cabin was just like a Princess mini suite, that had a small section in the MDR as set aside for these cabins exclusively. We were not impressed with that either, considering the price for the Club Class was considerable more than a balcony, which was between balcony and two levels of suit cabins.

We had first class service in the MDR, the pick of location and tables and a very nice cabin, for a far more reasonable price.... some people will pay more if they think their in a "better" class.

We always pay for a balcony or mini suite on Princess... like the extra room in the cabin and the fresh air.

When I saw this earlier recalled the Cunard set up. LOL

They are promising at least one special selection, and I presume you will get more attentive service. .

I read there will also be some table side cooking which I used to enjoy. They used to do a different pasta dish table side every night and some flambe desserts table side. It also said the service would indulge you.

Here's the quote

2. What is Club Class Dining?

It’s an exclusive, uniquely styled, dedicated area of the Main Dining Room available to Full Suite and

Club Class Mini-Suite guests for dinner each evening as well as breakfast and lunch on sea days. Club

Class Dining includes:

• Expedited seating with minimal to no wait

• Private main dining room entrance with host

• Dedicated wait staff

• Exclusive menu options with Daily Chef’s Special

• Table-side preparation

Edited by cruzsnooze

The next step will be "back to cruising origins". You know, Third Class in the Third Class Dining Room and not allowed up onto the First Class Decks at all. Bah.

Something I have enjoyed about Princess was the egalitarian attitude that Inside passengers are just as good as Suite passengers.

When you're out and about you see any difference between passenger status. The only thing that may be visible is the dining but with a separate entrance you probably won't see that.

When you stay at a hotel do you know who has a suite or a view room or the least expensive room? It all goes to getting commensurate with price.

$75pp per day for two half bottles of wine that they were selling for $7 or so in the past few months, a special dining area and one more food option each evening. Wow. I hope it works for Princess. But I have long wondered about the appeal of Princess suites and mini suites over a more premium cruise experience, and now the price is being raised even more. It seems that this class system has been very successful for Princess competitors and Princess plays 'follow the leader' very well.

What I predict is that the few dining room food preps we've seen lately (penne arrabiatta, bananas foster) will go by the wayside for those not in the Club Class cabins. And I wonder how this will possibly work on the Pacific Princess with just one narrow entryway into the dining room. There isn't room for a second hostess there.

This kind of dilutes the perks for full suites which cost quite a bit more than the minis. I wonder if Princess would offer anything extra for full suites, e.g. reserved seating in Princess Theater?

Regarding the dining...Maybe so many are choosing ATD instead of the traditional that they are roping of a section in the traditional dining room. That might free up some tables in ATM....glass half full.

Based on this from the FAQ it appears that Club Class Mini-Suite passengers will be in the AT dining room & would have to request a change to the traditional dining room.

5. Can a Club Class guest invite their friends to exclusive dining under their reservation?

Exclusive Club Class Dining is only available for the guests booked within a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite. Guests who wish to dine with friends, family and other cruisers not booked in a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite are welcome to do so during our Anytime Dining hours in the Main Dining Room. Guests who would like to book a Club Class Mini-Suite, but would prefer to dine in Traditional Dining can request this change by calling Princess or your travel consultant.

With implementation scheduled to begin at the end of this year we're all speculating about the procedure which could evolve even before the first Club Class passengers board a ship.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I used to primarily cruise on Celebrity. Switched to Princess when they started blocking off portions of prior public areas for specific groups of guests. I don't mind them giving those that pay more additional benefits, until it starts negatively impacting what I am receiving for my money. No problem with this, unless it starts impacting me. For example if it starts making it impossible to get traditional dining because they have reduced the space for their new area or if they use anytime space and the wait becomes unreasonable. That is when I start looking for other vacation options.

The next step will be "back to cruising origins". You know, Third Class in the Third Class Dining Room and not allowed up onto the First Class Decks at all. Bah.

Something I have enjoyed about Princess was the egalitarian attitude that Inside passengers are just as good as Suite passengers.

I agree. The class system is what keeps us away from some of the other lines. I guess the snobs will be happy since they will be able to pay for the "honor" of looking down their noses at the steerage passengers. I'll be waiting to hear from them. :p

I'm now curious if the room we have for next year on the Crown is a Club Class (will check my booking to see if it says it yet). Also, if we are in fact in a Club Class, does this mean we can't eat in Traditional dining with our friends who have an inside cabin? I would think we can have a choice. We always book a mini because my 6'5" DH likes the extra room and because we use our balcony a lot. I wonder if the Club Class rooms will be mid-ship where most of the higher priced minis are already.

Also, if we are in fact in a Club Class, does this mean we can't eat in Traditional dining with our friends who have an inside cabin? I would think we can have a choice.

In post 61, I quoted a portion of the FAQ which seems to indicate that Club Class will be in the AT dining room & have to request a change to eat in the traditional dining room. It also states for the Club Class passengers to dine with other passengers they can do it "during our Anytime Dining hours in the Main Dining Room". :confused:

This won't affect me. I'll still book what I think is a good deal. Sometimes it's a mini suite and sometimes it's not. I don't need any of those amenities. I do see that some people like to pay extra for more perks and that's fine. I do see that it's attractive to some to get more if they're paying five times as much.

The only thing that I wonder about is the balcony furniture. They mention that balcony furniture is a table and two chairs. This is no different than any other balcony. Now, if they are going to put decent comfortable furniture on those balconies and not the others.....well, that would upset me. I hate the newer balcony furniture. If they acknowledge that it's awful by putting comfortable furniture on the premium mini balconies I'd feel slighted. JMO.

My first thought was There goes breakfast in Sabatinis for suite guests. If the special dining option no longer includes mimosas and espresso drinks, I don't think the Suite guests will be happy, so I think it will be interesting to see how this evolves.

Well I think you are right, there is no longer any mention of Sabatini's in the Full suite benefits sheet http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf seems all meals will be in the new Club Class area? Still get mimosas though..........

Well I think you are right, there is no longer any mention of Sabatini's in the Full suite benefits sheet http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf seems all meals will be in the new Club Class area? Still get mimosas though..........

It could be that the wording has been corrected as Sabatini's is no longer on all Princess ship's. It has been replaced by SHARE on the Ruby and Emerald.

Well, we will have to see how this affects the dining experience for those of us who prefer the aft balcony cabins, not suites. It is one thing for suites to have breakfast in Sabatinis where I don't have to look at it, but quite another to add a class system to the regular dining rooms. I agree with Pescado Amarillo that it is likely the few new additions to dining room dinners like bananas foster will only be offered to this new dining class. Won't that be fun to watch them receive what we can't get! I have no interest in mini suites and rarely can afford suites so don't know how many more Princess cruises are in my future.

Lucky951

Based on this from the FAQ it appears that Club Class Mini-Suite passengers will be in the AT dining room & would have to request a change to the traditional dining room.

5. Can a Club Class guest invite their friends to exclusive dining under their reservation?

Exclusive Club Class Dining is only available for the guests booked within a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite. Guests who wish to dine with friends, family and other cruisers not booked in a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite are welcome to do so during our Anytime Dining hours in the Main Dining Room. Guests who would like to book a Club Class Mini-Suite, but would prefer to dine in Traditional Dining can request this change by calling Princess or your travel consultant.

This will put an end to people who book a club mini for themselves and an inside cabin across the hall for other family members. Now let's see if they enforce it which is likely. I say that because if there is a wait for getting seated people will complain and Princess will have to re evaluate this perk.

Currently when we go to Sabitini's for breakfast they check your name off on their computer to verify you are in a full suite. After a day or two they recognize you and know who belongs there. Hopefully they'll be as diligent with the area they designate for the expedited seating perk.

I'm going to repeat something i already posted because there are so many posters opposed to this new class of cabin. When you're seated in the shows, at trivia, on deck or anywhere on the ship, you won't know the difference between a suite passenger or an inside cabin passenger. So how does it effect your experience if a few people paid for extra perks? Most of the perks come with the captains circle tiers anyway and I read about people scrambling to get in a short cruise to elevate their tier. Does having tier rewards cause a class system. Do you resent the priority tendering for elites? It's the same thing as no waiting for a dinner table. Do you resent i get free coffee cards for trading in my mini bar in a suite and you have to pay for a coffee card? It's about The Golden Rule: Whoever Has the Gold Makes the Rules. AND Princess wants our money so makes the rules to get it out of our pocket into theirs.

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 1

This affects the dining experience of everyone. Not because they are in a separate section, but they will have access to different food. I am convinced that this will lead to a further degradation of the food quality and selection for others in the main dining rooms. Again, if it were in a separate room as on the other lines, it might not be as big an issue for me.

Club Class Dining will debut on board Ruby Princess (Dec 10, 2016) and Emerald Princess (Dec 12, 2016), followed by Island Princess (Jan 4, 2017), Sapphire Princess (Jan 7, 2017), Regal Princess (Jan 8, 2017), Grand Princess (Jan 9, 2017), Royal Princess (Jan 29, 2017), Coral Princess (Feb 6, 2017), Majestic Princess (Mar 30, 2017), Sun Princess (Apr 5 2017), Crown Princess (Apr 8, 2017), Star Princess (Apr 11, 2017), Caribbean Princess (Apr 6, 2017), Diamond Princess (Apr 20, 2017), Pacific Princess (Jun 9, 2017), Sea Princess (Sep 2, 2017) and Golden Princess (Oct 2, 2017). Please note this schedule is subject to change.