St John

We are taking the St John Cruise and Beaches excursion. When we get to St John we would like to take a cab to Trunk Bay. If the cab charges $6 per person to get there, do we also tip them? The description of the excursion is pretty vague. It says that we will have 3 1/2 hours of free time. How will we know when it is time to head back to the boat. What if there are no taxis?

You need to be back on board no later then 30 minutes before sailing. if your going on your own and need a cab, i would allow myself 2 hours. Not knowing how long your in Port but say if you depart at 6 PM, I recommend you are on board no later then 5 PM. I would tip the driver. Your compass will tell you what time departure is and time to be on board. Perhaps you can tell your drive you wish to be picked up by 4 PM, you be the judge knowing when the ship departs

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Lots of taxi's available at Trunk Bay. They are open safari type so they can haul several people. They are just waiting for tourists to board so no problem hunting one down! It takes about 10 minutes to get from Cruz Bay to Trunk Bay or visa versa.

We are taking the St John Cruise and Beaches excursion. When we get to St John we would like to take a cab to Trunk Bay. If the cab charges $6 per person to get there, do we also tip them? The description of the excursion is pretty vague. It says that we will have 3 1/2 hours of free time. How will we know when it is time to head back to the boat. What if there are no taxis?

I would recommend taking a watch.

Thank you everyone. My questions have been answered. I hadn't thought about taking a watch ��

Be careful if you use your phone as a watch. Most people let their phones set time automatically from the cell network, and if the local cell network has a different time than the ship, you can be in trouble. If you use the phone as a watch, I'd be sure to change the settings so that the time is set manually.

We've always done St. John on Your Own excursion but we've seen the Beach excursion directed to specific open air taxis so you shouldn't have to get a taxi on your own. I'm would be guessing the same occurs for the return trip. If not, there's always taxis at Trunk Bay.