The Great Escape - Live 5/7/16

chechas

Smart girl......Oh if only I could pack for my teenage daughter it would be mom shorts and swimsuits with skirts all week.

i LOL'd swim suits with skirts are the WORST! (I mean if you're young and want to wear a bikini)

Also VERY excited to follow along! It will be nice to check in on while I am finishing up my semester!

Edited by Victorious8

Finally made it to Miami. Construction on I-75S held us up. Gotta say that the Hyatt-Place-Airport-Doral-West-Summer-Nine or whatever this long name is, is a nice hotel inside. You can see it from 82nd but can't figure out how to get to it as there are buildings all in front of it and no sign out at the street indicating which drive will get you here.

But my superior intellect only made one wrong turn before figuring it out! I forgot to take pics of the front but will do later. Here are some of the room

2f03200f23ff6a26f78617f10556658e.jpg7337e53f63402cf081c0c50fff024828.jpgccad17bd1f6ff2d70da7a20cef54e29c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awsome, a live review of a sailing I'll be on! It will be so interesting to read about all of your experiences from the same week. My sister (22) and I (25) booked this trip for our mom as her Christmas present. She was so surprised and we are eager to vacation together as a family for the first time since my sis and I were kids.

I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful week.

I'm following along! I'll be cruising next week and sooooo can't wait. You live review will be great [emoji4]. Since you have to go into the liquor store anyway can you do another favor? [emoji4] can you see if they have apple Ciroc vodka and if they do what's the price? My son is may want me to get it for him but he needs a comparative price to know for sure. Thanks bunches! Have s great cruise!!!

Will do, just added it to my list.

Awsome, a live review of a sailing I'll be on! It will be so interesting to read about all of your experiences from the same week. My sister (22) and I (25) booked this trip for our mom as her Christmas present. She was so surprised and we are eager to vacation together as a family for the first time since my sis and I were kids.

I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful week.

Nice. I am sure your mom really appreciates that and is proud of raising two wonderful and thoughtful ladies.

I am digging that hat on the ottoman. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks! Brand new hat just for this trip lol

We have 15 days till we do this cruise with our 21 year old Grandson . It will be interesting what you Daughter finds interesting on the Escape . Bring on your review.

Great. I know she will be scouting all the hang out spots.

I'm join u tomorrow on escape can't wait less then 24 hours we gonna be on the ship

I am beyond excited!

I am along for the ride. No checking in at work girl. It will be there when you get back :-)

Could you do me a huge favor HUGE. Could you check the liquor store on ship and see if they have this. I want it so bad, I have the coffee one but NEED the berries.

liq_she2.jpg

We were on the Escape back in November and all they had was the coffee flavor. I had no idea there was another. Hopefully they have it now.

5dfbc18ca082898a8f8a63ac0a24adf1.jpg

Just so you know who you are cruising along with. We are pretty goofy but have had great trips. If you are on this sailing with us, I apologize in advance lol. So seriously we both can be pretty chatty with folks though my daughter is by far the big social butterfly.

Terrific! I will be reading.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences, especially DD's take on the entertainment, bars and restaurants....oh, and how she likes the UBP. My favorite offerings of the Escape were the bars/lounges and variety of entertainment in some of them.

Regarding alcohol/UBP, I think you're right about winding down after a few days; that was my experience.

Hope you have smooth seas and sunny skies.

Ok after pouring over many reviews, especially some really great live reviews - shout out to TheDougOut and Yorkvillain, Holla! I have decided to try my amateur hand at this. Hey what's the worst than can happen? No one reads it? While that would truly suck, I will survive and cruise on. But I hope I can do this some justice.

Ok I hope see you all on board!

Thanks Chechas! I have one more request. Would you also check the price for flower bomb? So sorry for all the request, but once I'm on a cruise ship the phone gets turned off :D:D. Thanks again

Ok now, this is not Haven!! Lol of course, I added it to my list. Wow I actually have a list lol

The day is finally here!!! Yesterday we went to Carolina Alehouse for dinner. Let's see, though they tout 72 beers on tap neither of the 2 people I asked knew what a tap list was...sigh. Finally got a laminated one (really) and ordered a Rogue Dead Guy Ale. El kiddo had a mango martini that she enjoyed, I thought it was too sweet. But to each their own.

As for the food? Eh. The beer battered cheese curds with pepper jam dip were to die for. I mean come on, you take cheese, beer fry it up and dip in a peper jam sauce, how can you fail? Tey ordered a Greek chicken wrap, that was dryer than the Sahara! Was supposed to have a Greek vinaigrette on it - where? I ordered the Blackened Chicken Tacos. All I can say is blackened was given a whole new meaning at the Alehouse. Little tiny bits of spicy hot but extremely crunchy chicken like product. Still not sure it was chicken but hey the beer was cold. Side note for all those who grew up at the skating rink on the weekends...the dj song choices took me back there! Lol

I took a "nap" when we got back from dinner and didn't wake up til after 9pm. So much for exploring. As for the hotel, you do hear your neighbors well at least you do when they are having a knock down, drag out argument! One that spills out in the hall and included tons of f-bombs and whole sentences that are nothing but cuss words. The fighting stopped for a bit them picked back up and went to at least 11ish. My daughter went down to the lobby for a couple of sodas and ended up in elevator with a girl who was traveling with the Main Event couple. She was on her phone talking about them fighting so much. Poor thing, yikes! What if they are on this cruise? And it would be my luck they would be my neighbors there too!!

Oh well, back to what we are all here for...The Escape! We are in the 10:45 shuttle from the hotel to the port. I played with getting there earlier via taxi to try to get Vibe passes but we both decided against it. First NCL cruise (with another booked for Panama Canal in December) so we want to experience it as is plus I don't want to sit at port that long waiting to board. On a side note to those who care - we are not in a Haven suite but I started getting upsell emails about a month out. I agonized back and forth on it. First offer, and second and third were for a Haven Courtyard or Spa suite for $1000/person or a 2 bedroom for $1250/person. I called a couple times and tried to negotiate but no go and the people I kept getting had personality of a suppository model (something stuck up their rear). A few days before the trip I got a final email offering me a courtyard for $500/person on deck 18. I turned it down due to the public deck above the room. Was worried from reviews of having to hear folks dragging chairs.

I will be back with you when we are headed to the port and baby girl will be on later to give her first impressions of the ship.

I'll be clinging to this review like a lifeline! We set sail on our b2b Escapes the day you disembark. Warm the ship up for us! Can't wait for more!

I have a feeling that this is going to be a very entertaining REVIEW. Two weeks from today it will be our turn.

I will get her good and warmed up for you guys. I promise to even leave some adult beverages and macaroons on board...did I mention how much I love macaroons? No? Well I absolutely do. Tey gave me a box on Thursday as early Mom's Day gift. She knows me so well.

Finally made it to Miami. Construction on I-75S held us up. Gotta say that the Hyatt-Place-Airport-Doral-West-Summer-Nine or whatever this long name is, is a nice hotel inside. You can see it from 82nd but can't figure out how to get to it as there are buildings all in front of it and no sign out at the street indicating which drive will get you here.

But my superior intellect only made one wrong turn before figuring it out! I forgot to take pics of the front but will do later. Here are some of the room

How bad was 75? Driving down in 3 weeks from just north of Tampa!

If I take 275 over the skyway will I avoid most of it?

I am looking forward to following your "live from", already entertaining :D

Edited by iceman2a

I called a couple times and tried to negotiate but no go and the people I kept getting had personality of a suppository model (something stuck up their rear).

If this is any indication, this is going to be a review for the ages! :D

I'm excited to be following along. We'll be on the Escape in August for 2 whole weeks! Woo hoo!

Have a great trip!

After a great introduction like that...I have to join in.

I want to read all that happens. It will make my week go by so much faster. We sail next week. 7 more days!

At the port finally and are in boarding group 13. Having to get used to being amongst the people lol. We are usually in a suite or platinum etc to get priority boarding. This is first cruise in a long time where we are the newbies. Standing room only in the waiting area. No clue what number they are currently on. Porter said the ship was open but it doesn't look like it from here.

9396f96e66686a45cc47eb6b66e457f1.jpg

How bad was 75? Driving down in 3 weeks from just north of Tampa!

If I take 275 over the skyway will I avoid most of it?

I am looking forward to following your "live from", already entertaining :D

The issue was on I-75 south of Tampa around Ft Meyers and Naples.