The Great Escape - Live 5/7/16

chechas

Sorry that I have not posted in a bit. Had a few hiccups. Internet stopped working for me could not figure out why but my key card also would not work to let me in my cabin. Thank God I could still buy drinks or else there would have been a mutiny at sea!! It appears I am no longer a stowaway on the ship and all my rights have been restored. Whew! They still don't know what happened.

Also my daughter forgot to put her seas sickness patch on before we sailed yesterday and as a result she was pretty nauseous and felt bad a little after we pushed off. I will admit it was a bit rocky and there was a lot of noise for the first hour or so, we are in a midship cabin on deck 11. But now it has leveled out completely and besides an occasional slight rock shimmy thing. The Escape is sailing smooth. And mind you today we have been up to deck 17 and still did not feel it. I will cover Safety Drill and a few other topics in next post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested in hearing more about the internet service! We are still deciding if it's worth it, so any current personal experience accounts you hear about would be helpful, Chechas! We will be on this Saturday's 5/14 sailing. Thanx and have a great cruise!

I will have to let you know as it goes on as I was completely kicked off Internet for a good part of yesterday into this morning. No clue what the hitch was but I also did not have access to other stuff so hoping it is all fixed now.

Is Silas still the cruise director? If not, who is it? I remember someone said they talked to him and he said he was on Escape until April.

Yes Silas is the CD and he is pretty full of energy and all over the ship from what I can tell so far.

I'm impressed! At 12:06 you hadn't boarded yet, at 1:11 you're on your second drink! You're going to have a great cruise!

Lol it's all about goals! Go big or go home.

The safety Drill was scheduled to start at 4:30, our cards had muster station C5 which was the deck 6 atrium. All of the atrium and guest services etc is muster C but you have to find the person holding the sign that matching number on your card, for us C5. They will scan you in and then you can sit anywhere in the area. They did announce that anyone who missed the drill would receive a love note and have to make it up the next day - looked this morning and makeup time was scheduled for 11am.

Anyways our Muster Captain said there were over 2000 people assigned to Musters B&C (B was on deck 7 at O'Sheehans and looked down on us on deck 6). That is a lot of folks crammed into one area and they would not start the drill until people quieted down. As you can imagine, it was getting rather hot in the area and someone obviously had tacos and beans for lunch which really did not help the ambiance!

Drill lasted about 20 minutes and while the masses found their way elsewhere, el kiddo and I hit the Atruim Cafe to teach it a lesson for taunting us with its goodies all through the drill. We got 2 macaroon (raspberry and passion fruit) and a cookies and cream cupcake. Did I mention. That I lurve macaroons, no not love but lurve...a much deeper connection that just love.

The lot came to around $8 ($2/ macaroon and $2.50 for cupcake plus taxes and gratuities) Seaway robbery! But actually better than the $4 our hotel tried to charge per mini-cupcake...yes mini not many, as in small, not full size, miniature.

e9b3303c8d3f5fcc43b8bce96314297d.jpg

I'm loving your review so far - you really crack me up. Have an amazing time and I'm looking forward to reading all about it. Happy Mother's Day - what a great way to celebrate this special day!

Edited by Nator72

Thanks Chechas! I have one more request. Would you also check the price for flower bomb? So sorry for all the request, but once I'm on a cruise ship the phone gets turned off :D:D. Thanks again

Well they did not have Apple Ciroc on board. As for Flower Bomb - the Parfume had 2 sizes, smaller of which was 1.75 oz for $111, they were out of the larger 3.4 oz for $169 and the EDT was $119 for 3.4 oz.

Hope this helps

Is Silas still the cruise director? If not, who is it? I remember someone said they talked to him and he said he was on Escape until April.

I spoke to Silas when we cruised 3 weeks ago and he said he goes on vacation mid May to mid July. Not sure if he comes back to the Escape or if he goes to another ship. He's amazing, so good at his job.

After breakfast in Savor...the waffles were da bomb so were the mimosas. We spent the day wandering the ship, checked out Spice - there were a few loungers in the sun still available at 10:45am. That grotto is very cool. We also sat on the Waterfront near wine bar then our bellies started making themselves know and where else for some light vittles (my daughter hates when I use that word, so of course that causes me to use it even more) but Pinchos for tapas. The mixed meat and cheese platters are very filling. Also had the potatoes, which had me doing the push backs.

The prices in the stores aren't too bad but I did make the mistake of spraying on one perfume that smelled good in the bottle but once the vapor made contact with the air, it turned into a biological weapon of eau de dead skunk. Could not wash that off fast enough. It is still lingering a bit so may need to scrub off a couple of layers of skin to get rid of it.

Now the atrium is a great hang out spot, when not at District or Sugarcane or well you get the picture. We spent several hours there watching all the games and then playing cards. As usual we are both pretty competitive so we so had to end the game or wind up coming to blows. Nothing says Mother's Day like a mother-daughter brawl in the atrium lol! We have ressies for Le Bistro later.

Ok trying to be nice but I would appreciate if Typhoid Mary who kept trying to cough up a lung would at least pretend to cover her mouth. I can just see the airborne particles now....

El bistro service was very, very slow. Food was ok. French Manhattan is strong but the creme brullee was delish. Tey kicked my behind at air hockey 4-7 ouch!! She didn't even care that it is still mommas day, ungrateful wretch lol.

Right now sipping a Patron and tonic at O'Sheehans listening to atrium piano player while kiddo loses her money on the money machine and skee ball. She is going to the dance party in H2O in a bit so I will have her report on it. I am about to go catch up on sleep and I went on this trip very sleep deprived.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Loving your review!! We leave Saturday! So I hope your week goes slow but flies by for me!!

Question....do the rooms have clocks or should I bring one?

There are no alarm clocks. The phone does display the time but it is across the room and you can't see it without turning on the light.

The prices in the stores aren't too bad but I did make the mistake of spraying on one perfume that smelled good in the bottle but once the vapor made contact with the air, it turned into a biological weapon of eau de dead skunk. Could not wash that off fast enough. It is still lingering a bit so may need to scrub off a couple of layers of skin to get rid of it.

I hate it when that happens.

Thank You for checking for the Berry Sheridan. I will have to plan on visiting some dens of the devils drink to hunt for the elusive Berry.

For those who have asked yes it is new its made by the same company that makes Baileys but it is not imported into the USA. You can have it shipped in at around $50 a bottle, I think at least according to some web sites.

Right now sipping a Patron and tonic at O'Sheehans listening to atrium piano player while kiddo loses her money on the money machine and skee ball. She is going to the dance party in H2O in a bit so I will have her report on it. I am about to go catch up on sleep and I went on this trip very sleep deprived.

I am loving the review, thank you in advance (or actually, kinda mid way through :) ) I will be on Escape on the 28th, and will have my daughter (22) and niece (26) with me, in a Mini-Suite as well!!

Looking forward to reading more!!!!

And now, coming to the stage is DD, Tey(21):

Hey, the DD has taken over the blog for today! The ship is huge and beautifully decorated; the Escape probably has more venue options than any ship I have been on, including my time with Royal Caribbean and Carnival. I decided to go out last night and Spice H2O was packed. During the day, the outdoor area is a cool sunspot for people 18+, but last night there was a dance party for people of all ages (now, I don’t know if kids were allowed to be there, but no one kicked them out). I’m used to most ships having small clubs that are only used for late night purposes, so it was refreshing to be in a larger area where you can get fresh air and dance.

It was mostly disco music (so not my scene but it was fun to just watch people enjoying themselves) and the event coordinator was giving out prizes every 15 minutes to the dancers who stood out the most. Part way through the event, I went off in search of a venue with better music. I went to the Skyline Bar, where the DJ was playing EDM and techno remixes to pop songs (also not my style). So I ended up back at H2O and around 12:30 they started playing current music that was more suited to my age group.

Because of the varying ages of people at H2O, it was kind of difficult to find people in their early twenties to hang out with. I plan to go to a 18-25 meet and greet later, so I’m hoping that goes better!

I'm loving your review so far - you really crack me up. Have an amazing time and I'm looking forward to reading all about it. Happy Mother's Day - what a great way to celebrate this special day!

Thanks - it was a great Mother's Day at sea.