The Great Escape - Live 5/7/16

chechas

Love the humor Chechas! You're killing me.

I would cut off my arm to switch places with you right now. Have a blast!

York! Another one of my review heros! This ship is gorgeous. I think it is hands down the best one we have been on so far.

Following. Have a great cruise! Escape is beautiful. we were on the Escape nov/15, we had a wonderful time. as you mentioned, you already read many reviews, just my 5 Cts, the Brewhouse is awesome, try to eat as many times that you can @ food republic, is the best place in the whole ship, IMHO. do not even bother wasting your time at Margaritaville, no worth the time (and now money) we were the last cruise that was complimentary and we ate there 3 times but i'd not pay one penny for that food, was just ok. you gotta try the free fall at the waterpark, is awesome, and the big slide is also great. don't forget to get one or more mojitos @ sugarcane mojito bar, specially the strawberry and the pineapple ones, they are super.

Have a happy cruise!!

Thanks! Going to try to hit Food Republic today.

Just a few tidbits about shows:

Oh What a Night! Frankie Valli the four seasons. Supper club. You have option or show only or show and dinner both were coming up as free.

Also in supper club is hypnotist Brenda Kaye, show only and is free.

Supper Club Live wit Jalynn Steele is $35.34 for adults and kids.

They are also doing a free show night in the Escape Theater on Wednesday with shows by Brenda Kaye and the comedy club (2 shows) since both booked so quickly. No ressies required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Going to try to hit Food Republic today.

Can't wait to hear what you think about Food Republic. Please describe in detail what you have there.....and try and leave room for dessert! I'm going through FR withdrawals and have to wait until our October Escape:D

Enjoying your review. Know who else is onboard & going to do a review? GAMBEE!

You can recognize him by the selfie-stick & baseball cap!

Escape is my fave ship so far, too!

Stephen

5/7/16

Dear Diary,

Today was a lazy day. We had a late breakfast at O'Sheehans which was pretty good but now I am left to wonder...who is going to bring me my daily mimosa with a freshly cooked breakfast once I am back home? Note to self - look into this.

Next was the Waterfront again to relax, read and enjoy the cool vibe. Hmm additional note to self- find someone back home to bring me adult beverages while I lounge on comfy wicker couches in the tropical breeze.

Around 1:30, DD ended up going up to deck 17 to soak up some sun of course at that time of day all she could really find was a lounger with only partial sun exposure. I went exploring and we tried to use the text app to meet up but something was wrong with it.

I went to Internet Cafe to find out what was up since I have been having intermittent issues with my accounts since coming on board. The people in front of me in line had the same issue so I felt better as I was starting to feel rejected by the Escape. Well the attitude and response of the Internet Host had me pausing. She just shrugged shoulders and was very dismissive and not apologetic at all to us peons who paid $9.99 for texting app. She did say that she had let the powers that be know and so they were PROBABLY working on it. Diary, this is where I had to channel Ghandi, because I wanted to dare her to have the same attitude to me. I calmly, ok maybe not so calm (and not because I couldn't text my daughter, big deal, but because of her stank attitude.), walked away and just decided to wait and see how long it took them to fix it. It was fixed a couple hours later.

Dear Diary I also spent some time at Sugarcane sipping mojitos. The Devil's Juice has a hold on me this trip. I allowed myself to be lured into excess by the UBP....they should just put an apple stamp where the UBP logo is on my key card.

Dinner tonight was at Cagney's. That was the best steak at sea that I have ever had. I have to say at sea because Bern's in Tampa will always win. The atmosphere and service at Cagney's were great though. Not too stuffy but not Mickey D's...ok I realize that leaves a lot of ground so how about Applebee's?

El kiddo is off to the 18-25 yr old meet n greet and I am just enjoying the sounds of the sea for a bit before I head out on the hunt for some more Elixir. Note to self - look into a liver detox when I get home.

Good Night Diary

Our son and his Fiancee (and most of her family) are on that sailing with you. We were on the Feb 20 sailing, so gave them a few pointers. We are jealous that you guys all get to see The Brat Pack for free -- we had to go to the dinner show.

Say hello to them for us if you run into them....I mean there's only 4000 people on board. I'm sure you'll see them sometime....ha ha. He's a fun loving red head with a mustache in progress (he's just starting to get that curl....ha ha).

Hope you're having a great time!

5/7/16

Dear Diary,

Today was a lazy day. We had a late breakfast at O'Sheehans which was pretty good but now I am left to wonder...who is going to bring me my daily mimosa with a freshly cooked breakfast once I am back home? Note to self - look into this.

Next was the Waterfront again to relax, read and enjoy the cool vibe. Hmm additional note to self- find someone back home to bring me adult beverages while I lounge on comfy wicker couches in the tropical breeze.

Around 1:30, DD ended up going up to deck 17 to soak up some sun of course at that time of day all she could really find was a lounger with only partial sun exposure. I went exploring and we tried to use the text app to meet up but something was wrong with it.

I went to Internet Cafe to find out what was up since I have been having intermittent issues with my accounts since coming on board. The people in front of me in line had the same issue so I felt better as I was starting to feel rejected by the Escape. Well the attitude and response of the Internet Host had me pausing. She just shrugged shoulders and was very dismissive and not apologetic at all to us peons who paid $9.99 for texting app. She did say that she had let the powers that be know and so they were PROBABLY working on it. Diary, this is where I had to channel Ghandi, because I wanted to dare her to have the same attitude to me. I calmly, ok maybe not so calm (and not because I couldn't text my daughter, big deal, but because of her stank attitude.), walked away and just decided to wait and see how long it took them to fix it. It was fixed a couple hours later.

Dear Diary I also spent some time at Sugarcane sipping mojitos. The Devil's Juice has a hold on me this trip. I allowed myself to be lured into excess by the UBP....they should just put an apple stamp where the UBP logo is on my key card.

Dinner tonight was at Cagney's. That was the best steak at sea that I have ever had. I have to say at sea because Bern's in Tampa will always win. The atmosphere and service at Cagney's were great though. Not too stuffy but not Mickey D's...ok I realize that leaves a lot of ground so how about Applebee's?

El kiddo is off to the 18-25 yr old meet n greet and I am just enjoying the sounds of the sea for a bit before I head out on the hunt for some more Elixir. Note to self - look into a liver detox when I get home.

Good Night Diary

If you keep having the problem with the IConcierge app...go back. Mine kept kicking me off too. Sounds like you have a different internet manager than we did, since we had a male, and it sounds like you have a female. However, he showed me how to change the settings in my phone so that the app worked perfectly. I wish I could remember what they were now...ha ha!

If you keep having the problem with the IConcierge app...go back. Mine kept kicking me off too. Sounds like you have a different internet manager than we did, since we had a male, and it sounds like you have a female. However, he showed me how to change the settings in my phone so that the app worked perfectly. I wish I could remember what they were now...ha ha!

This was a ship wide outage from what she said and there were a number of people in line with the same issue it turned out.

This was a ship wide outage from what she said and there were a number of people in line with the same issue it turned out.

We had a ship wide outage also which was frustrating because we were trying to keep in touch with my son. Luckily, after that first time (I think it was the first or second sea day) it never happened again.

Have a great time!!! You're bringing back a lot of great memories - I wish we were still sailing. I'm still looking for someone to bring me a drink. So far, well.....I'm still parched!

Edited by ljrfrm

5/7/16

Dear Diary,

Good Night Diary

I'm loving every part of this! I'll be on the boat saturday and now I'm even more excited!!!!!!:)

Ah blessed elixir...I almost listened to the angel on my shoulder telling me to go to bed, but instead the red horned bugger won and I find myself at O'Sheehans listening to Dj music party down in atrium and imbibing in a Patron and tonic.

540dee06ebcc66138c3dc4044a4f0036.jpg

"Dear Diary I also spent some time at Sugarcane sipping mojitos. The Devil's Juice has a hold on me this trip. I allowed myself to be lured into excess by the UBP....they should just put an apple stamp where the UBP logo is on my key card.

Dinner tonight was at Cagney's. That was the best steak at sea that I have ever had. I have to say at sea because Bern's in Tampa will always win. The atmosphere and service at Cagney's were great though. Not too stuffy but not Mickey D's...ok I realize that leaves a lot of ground so how about Applebee's?"

Loved all of this! If I could use proper emoji's I would have used the cry face too. Also is this not live or has the devil juice really gotten ahold of you? It's 5/9/16 according to my phone.

I also worked at an Applebee's for years in college. I was a fantastic waitress must to the shock of many people who dined there expecting the worst!

"Dear Diary I also spent some time at Sugarcane sipping mojitos. The Devil's Juice has a hold on me this trip. I allowed myself to be lured into excess by the UBP....they should just put an apple stamp where the UBP logo is on my key card.

Dinner tonight was at Cagney's. That was the best steak at sea that I have ever had. I have to say at sea because Bern's in Tampa will always win. The atmosphere and service at Cagney's were great though. Not too stuffy but not Mickey D's...ok I realize that leaves a lot of ground so how about Applebee's?"

Loved all of this! If I could use proper emoji's I would have used the cry face too. Also is this not live or has the devil juice really gotten ahold of you? It's 5/9/16 according to my phone.

I also worked at an Applebee's for years in college. I was a fantastic waitress must to the shock of many people who dined there expecting the worst!

Busted!!! Lol it is live but I am feebly attempting to hold off the end of my trip. Creating my own Groundhog Day if you will, except each repeat is a bit different. Lol

In the Escape Theater waiting for Brat Pack to start. Tried a couple specialty drinks while waiting ..Prom Punch and Sweet 16. Prom Punch is not bad but Sweet 16 reminds me of cough syrup. Blek

Currently pouring rain in St Thomas. That almost sideways rain

:( Did you have any excursions planned? On the bright side, at least you're in the Caribbean with (I'm guessing) a drink in your hand ;)

:( Did you have any excursions planned? On the bright side, at least you're in the Caribbean with (I'm guessing) a drink in your hand ;)

No we have been to St Thomas so many times that we just planned to walk around and shop. My back and knees were really bothering me so we were torn about getting off at all and the rain decided it for us.

Stayed onboard and enjoyed a mostly empty ship