Cabin 4020 QV

sandancer

We have been allocated this cabin and notice that it will have a metal fronted balcony. Can someone explain about this type of balcony. Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It means the balcony is more like a room than a balcony, with an open window.

I think you are referring to QM2.

The balconies forward on deck 4 are also larger, but if you are doing a TA, you might find the time you can spend outside, limited.

Enjoy your trip to wherever on a lovely ship.

I think you are referring to QM2.

The balconies forward on deck 4 are also larger, but if you are doing a TA, you might find the time you can spend outside, limited.

Enjoy your trip to wherever on a lovely ship.

Oops I think you're right, sorry.

We had one on the Elizabeth's maiden. First time with a metal fronted balcony and we really liked it. You could juuuuuust see over when sitting down but it was nice and open otherwise and I wouldn't hesitate at having one again. It didn't bother me having the metal playing there. :-)

Thanks everyone. This is only our 2nd Cunard venture so not familiar with the cabins. We loved the QE, such a beautiful ship. We expect to like the QV just as much.

Hi This is a pic of 4010 on QV

balcBxy.jpg

As the others have said, you can't really see over the railing comfortably when sitting down but on the plus side the balcony is about 18 inches to two feet deeper than the ones above it (the width of the extended panel on the left of the pic).

Regards, Colin.

Noticed on the deck plan, 4 cabins 4051 to 4054 which look like a much larger balcony. I know we can't get one on this cruise but I would be interested to know what opinions are of this type of cabin. Thanks

I had 4050 during the 2014 QV World Voyage. I looked at the balcony for 4052 and was a strange shape. Your rear view was restricted as the life boats are next to the side of the balcony.

I had the opportunity to book 4052 but could not justify the extra cost compared to 4050. I loved the deck 4 balcony and would deffently try and book one again.

Don