Taxi to dock in Rome

Sastone25

We are sailing on the Harmony from Rome this September. Does anyone know the cost of a taxi (in Euros) from airport to dock? Thanks:)

Private transfers are around €150. If you can share with another couple it is good value. Not sure about regular taxis but I seem to remember reading somewhere the price was similar. It is just over an hours drive to the dock.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Private transfer for 2 = 119 Euro.

We used this company, didn't try the shared shuttle because our time was very valuable :)

I highly recommend them, pls. see their link below:

http://www.civitavecchiacabservice.com/

It is my understanding that u don't need to find others for the "shared shuttle" - the company takes care of that, and sometimes -- u find yourself alone, even if it is called "shared" and u pay the "shared" rate

Edited by dani negreanu

Hi Dani,

Thanks for the info, I will definitely contact them. Also, can you tell me if we could tour Rome (Vatican & Colosseum, etc..) on our own, or should we go through a tour company? We are staying very close to the Vatican if that matters. We have about 8 hours before our cruise. Thanks for any and all comments. :)

Hi Dani,

Thanks for the info, I will definitely contact them. Also, can you tell me if we could tour Rome (Vatican & Colosseum, etc..) on our own, or should we go through a tour company? We are staying very close to the Vatican if that matters. We have about 8 hours before our cruise. Thanks for any and all comments. :)

Are the prices of hotels near the Vatican reasonably priced?

Hi Dani,

Also, can you tell me if we could tour Rome (Vatican & Colosseum, etc..) on our own, or should we go through a tour company? We are staying very close to the Vatican if that matters. We have about 8 hours before our cruise.

You're most welcome.

We r DIY people, I speak English & French, and have no problems preparing a plan A & B before hand, and decide on the spot how much time I'd like to see this and that. We walk a lot. For this matter, we booked a very recommended B&B, The Spanish Suite (~150 Euro per night, including b'fast), near, of course, the Spanish steps, and we've done everything on foot, since it is very central. The Vatican we've done many years ago.

BUT, in this particular cruise on Allure, we traveled with my sister, and, since she's not "computer savvy", has never been to Rome and didn't have much time :), I booked her and her DH on a Vatican guided tour, which was supposed to last 3 hours. They came back very disappointed, saying it was rushed, and lasted no more than 2.5 hours...

I would suggest looking at the Vatican site, they have a variety of tours, and book online, otherwise the lines are crazy:mad:

A hotel near the Vatican is also, IMHO, a bit far from many other attractions, we've been to Rome 4 times and always stayed near the Spanish Steps.

Edited by dani negreanu

We used romecabs.com , they were excellent. We used then from the airport to our hotel in Rome, we took the train from Rome to the port, then used them again from the port to the airport. Price was competitive with other similar services.

We toured Rome on our own, except we booked a private tour for the Vatican -- we were there in the summer and the "no tour" line had a wait of hours -- we met our tour guide at the appointed time and went right in. We got tickets to the Colosseum and Borghese museum on-line and walked or took cabs, quite easy to do ....

mac_tlc

We used romecabs.com , they were excellent. We used then from the airport to our hotel in Rome, we took the train from Rome to the port, then used them again from the port to the airport. Price was competitive with other similar services.

We toured Rome on our own, except we booked a private tour for the Vatican -- we were there in the summer and the "no tour" line had a wait of hours -- we met our tour guide at the appointed time and went right in. We got tickets to the Colosseum and Borghese museum on-line and walked or took cabs, quite easy to do ....

mac_tlc

We've had good luck with Romecabs also and have used them several times for transfers and tours. Edited by mek

Are the prices of hotels near the Vatican reasonably priced?

Hi Tee, not sure what is considered reasonably priced, but we paid $200 (us) for a night a the Vatican View. Looks very nice and got good reviews on Trip Advisor. We are only staying for one night before our cruise, so didn't think that was too bad.

We are sailing on the Harmony from Rome this September. Does anyone know the cost of a taxi (in Euros) from airport to dock? Thanks:)

We have used romecabs a couple of times and they were great. Both times we shared the cost with people from our Cruise Critic Roll Call. Have you looked at the roll call for your cruise, to see if there are others willing to share the cost of the transport.

We have used romecabs a couple of times and they were great. Both times we shared the cost with people from our Cruise Critic Roll Call. Have you looked at the roll call for your cruise, to see if there are others willing to share the cost of the transport.

Another vote for RomeCabs