Dream review?

Hi!

I just got back yesterday. It was my 4th time on the Dream and the one before was just in February.

Needless to say, she's awesome! We had the new American Table menu this time and we loved that, too.

Perfect size, wonderful crew and a great flow.

My husband and I did a Western Cruise (Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel) on the Dreamed last fall and loved, loved, loved it! I would sail that ship again in a heartbeat. And NOLA was already one of my favorite cities, so that was a huge plus. The itinerary, while I loved Grand Cayman and Cozumel, I would not be thrilled about going back to Jamaica. But I also wouldn't avoid a cruise with that stop either if the other ports were appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did a big review of our Easter Week cruise this year. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2337935

I hope this helps and I am happy to answer questions.

Dctravel

You may want to check that link. Its from a thread on Christmas gifts from 2004. Just trying to help.

You may want to check that link. Its from a thread on Christmas gifts from 2004. Just trying to help.

Stupid iPhone! I will fix it from my computer today :). Thanks for the heads up!

We were on the Dream for a 10-day Journeys cruise in January. I guess the ship was good enough, because are booked for January, 2017 and are taking the kids with us this time. Be sure to catch the BBQ down on the Promenade deck on Sea Days at least once. It won't be getting the 2.0 upgrades until a week after we sail next January, but even without Guys Burgers or the Blue Iguana Cantina, we would definitely recommend the Dream.

We were on the Dream a couple of weeks ago. I'm in the minority here but I'm not a huge fan of New Orleans. The port, though busy, got us on the ship fairly quickly. Our first cruise on a Dream class and I love them. I also like going down the Mississippi River and watching ship traffic as you make our way to the Gulf.

What I didn't like about the Dream (at least on this particular cruise) were the crowds...you just couldn't escape them. On several occasions we gave up on the buffet and just ordered room service. We had YTD in the Dining Room and that was fairly quick even asking for the same area and a private table for two.

The crew, as always, are fantastic. We had a great cabin steward and a great MDR team. Dinner was always quick (and good)!

There is a lot of noise on this board about air conditioning in the cabins. We had a Cove Balcony and can report A/C was not an issue. Although I like things cold I still found myself adjusting the system up a few degrees to warm things up a bit.

Bottom line...I would cruise on the Dream again without hesitation. I kind of think the crowds were unique on our cruise because others report not having that problem when they were onboard. You'll have a great time!

Just back from the Dream this past Sunday.

Had a fine cruise with excellent comedians this time around.

Crew was great.

Did not receive card from room steward regarding service and he just did the usual morning and evening.

Food was fine and no problem with American table menu.

Only complaint is Carnival's desserts continue to look a lot better than they taste.

Was looking forward to desserts of blueberry and cherry pie and they were terrrible. Dont see how you can serve such dried out pies. Cherries were not even recognizable as such.

Just back from the Dream this past Sunday.

Had a fine cruise with excellent comedians this time around.

Crew was great.

Did not receive card from room steward regarding service and he just did the usual morning and evening.

Food was fine and no problem with American table menu.

Only complaint is Carnival's desserts continue to look a lot better than they taste.

Was looking forward to desserts of blueberry and cherry pie and they were terrrible. Dont see how you can serve such dried out pies. Cherries were not even recognizable as such.

Glad you had a good cruise' date=' interesting on the room servicing.

[/size']

Was very surprised when we met the steward told him we would like ice and wine glasses every day and he didnt mention the card.

Didnt see any reason to ask for it.

Huh go figure:confused: First time sailing out of New Orleans?

One more thing I should add based on our W Caribbean itinerary last week.

When checking in we were told our hours in Grand Cayman and Cozumel would be shortened for operational reasons.

Had a chance to talk to the capt and this is due to a propulsion issue that cannot be fixed until next drydock.

As a result we got to Cozumel an hour later and left an hour earlier than originally scheduled. This would have left us with only about 3 hours at an AI beach club and we decided it was not worth it for that time.

Based on this we would avoid the Dream on at least a West Coast itinerary until this is fixed.

Should also mention that comedy club manager Jeff the fun guy does a great job and is about the only one that adds something to the experience.

Also Stanley Ullman one of the comedians is probably the funniest one we have ever seen on Carnival and is someone we would book a cruise to see.

One more thing I should add based on our W Caribbean itinerary last week.

When checking in we were told our hours in Grand Cayman and Cozumel would be shortened for operational reasons.

Had a chance to talk to the capt and this is due to a propulsion issue that cannot be fixed until next drydock.

As a result we got to Cozumel an hour later and left an hour earlier than originally scheduled. This would have left us with only about 3 hours at an AI beach club and we decided it was not worth it for that time.

Based on this we would avoid the Dream on at least a West Coast itinerary until this is fixed.

Should also mention that comedy club manager Jeff the fun guy does a great job and is about the only one that adds something to the experience.

Also Stanley Ullman one of the comedians is probably the funniest one we have ever seen on Carnival and is someone we would book a cruise to see.

What?! Are all their ships having issues? Geez :( Leaving late July.

It is a unique sailaway but it also has a limited itin. A Journey cruise might be nice.

We prefer to drive to ports so most journey cruises are out. If they ever did a 14 day round trip one out of NO that would be of interest.

Was awesome sailing down the Mississippi

We prefer to drive to ports so most journey cruises are out. If they ever did a 14 day round trip one out of NO that would be of interest.

Was awesome sailing down the Mississippi

It is' date=' and you sure are not sailing up the river from that point. Driving to NO is a healthy drive.[/size']

It is, and you sure are not sailing up the river from that point. Driving to NO is a healthy drive.

It is a long drive but this way we come and go as we please and if we want to leave a day earlier and do something on the way we dont have to be screwed by an airline.