Maasdam

Cheekyrn1

We just booked a cruise for February 2018 on the Maasdam and our suite and dining times are on guarantee. The rumors are that the Maasdam has been sold and will not be in use for our scheduled sailing and they don't have a new ship yet?? Any one know of any details?? Thanks

Which cruise have you booked?

I see that Maasdam is booked at Port Chalmers (Dunedin) January 10th and 25th 2018, and for 29th December 2018, also for 10th and 25th January 2019.

Maybe HAL will send a different ship to us "down under", if the Maasdam leaves the fleet before then.

I note that the Noordam also has reservations until 2019.

Which cruise have you booked?

I see that Maasdam is booked at Port Chalmers (Dunedin) January 10th and 25th 2018, and for 29th December 2018, also for 10th and 25th January 2019.

Maybe HAL will send a different ship to us "down under", if the Maasdam leaves the fleet before then.

I note that the Noordam also has reservations until 2019.

The inca empires feb 25, 2018

We just booked a cruise for February 2018 on the Maasdam and our suite and dining times are on guarantee. The rumors are that the Maasdam has been sold and will not be in use for our scheduled sailing and they don't have a new ship yet?? Any one know of any details?? Thanks

I was on the Maasdam April 9th.- 19th.2016. The Captain said that the Maasdam will be in Holland America service for at least another two years.

He said this at Dinner in the MDR on a Gala Night.

Maybe I am naive, but I don't believe HAL would actually book you on a cruise and then sell your ship out from under you. If they do make a deal (they've been looking to sell Maasdam and Veendam for quite some time I understand), I think you can count on the transfer of the ship taking place after your cruise is completed. I love those "little" ships and will be sad to see them go. It's a shame that Holland America ships are all getting so big... Your post has reminded me that I want to book another Maasdam or Veendam cruise in the near future! :)

Maybe I am naive, but I don't believe HAL would actually book you on a cruise and then sell your ship out from under you. If they do make a deal (they've been looking to sell Maasdam and Veendam for quite some time I understand), I think you can count on the transfer of the ship taking place after your cruise is completed. I love those "little" ships and will be sad to see them go. It's a shame that Holland America ships are all getting so big... Your post has reminded me that I want to book another Maasdam or Veendam cruise in the near future! :)

They will do that if someone charters the ship so I don't see where a sale would be different.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2342791

also several years ago we sailed on Maasdam sister ship Veendam. After sailing on HAL since the mid 1970's the Veendam was our last on HAL. Carnival had completed the so called refurbish & renovation of the ship - removing the aft pool to put in more cabins on the deck below, the quality of food & cutbacks on service & crew were so obvious and the ship itself was in poor condition regarding HVAC and the physical structure paint & furnishings. I laugh every time they advertise the millions spent on renovation & "improvements" when its basically regular maintainence.

I think people think they know everything - cause they are on Cruise Critic

You aren't naive - just trusting -- You'll get your cruise -- enjoy!!!!

We are on Maasdam in 2017 - Expecting an amazing cruise ---

Relax - these people are not experts.

Just got off the Maasdam on 5/3/16. During the Mariners Brunch, the Captain stated that the ship was scheduled for the next two years. We had a great time and the ship is in excellent condition. Food was exceptional and it's hard to please six ladies!:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2342791

also several years ago we sailed on Maasdam sister ship Veendam. After sailing on HAL since the mid 1970's the Veendam was our last on HAL. Carnival had completed the so called refurbish & renovation of the ship - removing the aft pool to put in more cabins on the deck below, the quality of food & cutbacks on service & crew were so obvious and the ship itself was in poor condition regarding HVAC and the physical structure paint & furnishings. I laugh every time they advertise the millions spent on renovation & "improvements" when its basically regular maintainence.

Since I'm the OP that started the link mentioned about, all I can to is reiterate what was told onboard. On our cruise we were told the buyers were onboard doing a final inspection. They had agreed to purchase the ship and it would be sailing in the Baltic. The transfer period was to be in two years, early 2018.

Could your cruise be cancelled? Possibly. But as others have posted, it would not be very good customer relations to sell cruises then cancel or change ships. Hey, for all we know the sale was cancelled due to some other reason.

Dan

• 10 months later...
I think people think they know everything - cause they are on Cruise Critic

You aren't naive - just trusting -- You'll get your cruise -- enjoy!!!!

We are on Maasdam in 2017 - Expecting an amazing cruise ---

Relax - these people are not experts.

R U doing the Boston New England to Montreal Canada by any chance on June 3?

Go see other post on Maasdam! She has been on the market off and on as well as others!

I will be sailing on her on 2/25/18 Inca Empires out of my home town of San Diego. I have already talked about his as well as received email from corporate! Read the posts!

Copper-10 knows since he works with HAL.

After the Nieuw Statendam is commissioned supposedly either Maasdam or Veendam is next to go.

Denise:)

• 1 month later...