Price Drop...Can I get updated fare?

denamo

Yes, you are likely to lose the OBC if you re-book on a different deal. You have to evaluate your total package (OBC, paid gratuities, "free" specialty dining, whatever else) in addition to the price and determine whether it is better to keep what you have or rebook.

While I've seen people report saving a lot of money when rebooking, on our cruises it has amounted to very little difference. It is just a matter of how the package is arranged. Do they take $200 off the fare or give me $200 in OBC?

Check with Princess or your TA. That's the absolute best way to find out. It's easy and costs nothing to do. Just ask! The very worst that can happen is to find out you will be worse off to rebook. However, like a bazillion people before you, you just may find that you come out way ahead. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Booked the regal for March 2017. Noticing there have been price drops. We booked with a nice OBC. Anyone know if I would lose the OBC if asked for reduced rate. Thanks.

Basically when you get a new promo rate you are cancelling your current booking and making a new booking. So it all depends on how you got your current OBC. If it is T.A. OBC, the T.A. may be able to apply some OBC to the new booking. If it is from a Future Cruise Deposit, and that deposit is refundable, then the FCD and associated OBC will be applied to the new booking. If the OBC is the military OBC, yes it will be applied to the new booking. However, if your current OBC is attached to your current booking promo, then that will not carry over. You will get whatever the new promo states. As others have advised you have to do the math to see what net cost is less expensive. Be aware that some promos have non-refundable deposits, and some T.A.'s charge a change fee. Read the fine print.

Our fall cruise had a price drop a couple of weeks ago so I contacted our TA who got us the reduction without any loss to our OBC.

As someone already said.... doesn't hurt to ask... :)

My parents recently booked a cruise for June 17 direct with Princess in the UK. They were told that if the price dropped then they could refer but would have to pay a £50 per person change fee & also if there was a waiting list for their category of cabin then they would not necessarily be able to keep the same one as booked previously. Is this correct ? Has anyone else experienced this ?

I just called Princess about price drop on upcoming cruise and would loose the OBC associated with earlier booking. Did not refare.

You always have to do the sums, and remember that the IBC isn't refundable, so it's a bit of a juggling act. At the moment I've got more OBC than I think I can possibly spend in 7 days for our next cruise so if I had to give a bit of it up for a fare drop, I'd consider it (but that's pretty unusual).