CARNIVAL VISTA INAUGURAL - Sea Trek III: The Search For Pasta

DAY 1...... MAKE THAT DAY 454

There is just something special about sailing in the Mediterranean than anywhere else. Perhaps it's the climate, the scenery, the history, or could it just be that one finds themselves surrounded by shear beauty that ranges from simplicity to majesty from one port of call to another. That's what you experience at each and every port we called on and it is here in this review that I will try to take you all there as well.

This is my second time in three years to have visited the Mediterranean region and the first Inaugural Voyage too. My "Bride" Susan Marie and I celebrated our 33rd Wedding Anniversary on May 1st which was the first day of this 13 day cruise that included 10 port calls and just 3 Fun Day's @ Sea that at one point may have been 9 port and 4 FD@S but more on that later.

Suffice it to say that when I learned that YOUR Carnival Vista was to launch on our Anniversary I made sure that when bookings opened that I would be the first "on line" to book and I did just that.

T-MINUS 4 DAY'S AND COUNTING.....

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20006_zpsr1zt1bjc.jpg

Fast forwarding now to April 28th 2016 and the beginning of our journey. Our flights would take us from: Tampa ---> Philadelphia ---> Venice ---> and a train to Trieste before settling in at our hotel some 24 hours later after departing from Tampa.

aeb9550a-0b42-4a2a-9bd3-b219af29f55b_zpscavmuiiu.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20003_zpsjpttnlcc.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20008_zpsrayqvo1q.jpg

This time we were not in row 30.....but row 33! Not to worry though as this aircraft had a few other rows behind us giving us seats that reclined and far from the bathroom door. (Read Sea Trek 1 to understand the row 30 reference).

We opted to arrive 2-days beforehand insofar as one can NEVER be too early BEFORE embarkation day and of course having to travel a few thousand miles across an ocean.

We stayed at the Hotel Abbazia that was located just a 5-minute walk from the train station and a 10 minute walk from the port area and the main Piazza (plaza).

Other than not having hot water on the first night, the Hotel Abbazia was perfect for our needs supplying us with a clean room, warm bed, and continental breakfast in the morning. Oh and in case your wondering the hotel refunded us our first night in full, in cash for the hot water issue.

filename-img-2190-jpg.jpg

After arriving and settling in we got ourselves together and went out to explore and get something to eat. We were joined again this time by our cruising friends Angie and Greg who we initially had met 3-years earlier aboard YOUR Carnival Legend in Venice and have sailed with twice since; Alaska aboard YOUR Carnival Miracle and Western Caribbean aboard YOUR Carnival Paradise.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20034_zpsmlvhd08c.jpg

We spent the second day exploring the area and awaiting YOUR Carnival Vista to arrive later that evening and we were not disappointed.

NEXT UP: Our Ship Comes In!

CIAO FOR NOW............

Edited by Captain Carnival

CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG....

From what I recall you can only post a total of 6 photo's per post, unless that's changed?

Anyway, here are another 6 photo's to accompany my last post.

My20Phone20Pics20Videos20From20May20820017_zpsf3lkqtxe.jpg

The Clam Shell Fountain....

My20Phone20Pics20Videos20From20May20820027_zpsingtfmpu.jpg

The Main Piazza.....

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20046_zpspebodml3.jpg

The Main Terminal

My20Phone20Pics20Videos20From20May20820050_zpsyrzjyyzv.jpg

Terminal Signage

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20056_zpsrhvrs6s6.jpg

Recruiting A New CCCC Member.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20062_zps6hbeb5ga.jpg

Who Goes There.......

CIAO FOR NOW....

Woohoo!!! I'm so excited to read your review!! I loved your Legend review and look forward to another wonderful journey through the Mediterranean with you as I read this review :D