Advanced Passanger Information.

We bought a cruise that came with free flights and transfers. The only information we got about the flights were the flight number and a message saying that the flights were ticket less.

Do RCCL do all the API with the airline.

Ian

We bought a cruise that came with free flights and transfers. The only information we got about the flights were the flight number and a message saying that the flights were ticket less.

Ian

I would think you would have received your airline confirmation number so you could confirm your flights and choose your seats on the airline's web site.

I know you can get transfers and airfare through Royal but I've never heard of them selling as a package deal, do they even do that? Is this a UK only thing?

All I can think of is that the UK person is purchasing traditional cruise air where the airline tickets are not purchased until cruise final payment.

I know you can get transfers and airfare through Royal but I've never heard of them selling as a package deal, do they even do that? Is this a UK only thing?
Yes, RCI in the UK do offer free or reduced cost flights as part of a package deal during periods of special offers.

All I can think of is that the UK person is purchasing traditional cruise air where the airline tickets are not purchased until cruise final payment.
As mentioned above, RCI do provide flights as part of a package on occasions. They have deals with many of the low cost airlines.

Ian

You can determine the airline from the flight number. If is starts FR it's Ryanair, if it's EZY it's Easyjet, LS then it's Jet2. I've had reduced fare flights from RCI which were provided by Jet2.

All flights these days are ticketless and all you need is your passport.

Closer to departure, RCI provided a special website link to enable online check in with Jet2 as you couldn't use the normal Jet2 online check in.

As for APIS, it depends where you are flying to as whether it has to be provided in advance. If you use online check in then you will be asked to provide your passport details at that time, or it will be recorded when you check in at the airport.

I would think you would have received your airline confirmation number so you could confirm your flights and choose your seats on the airline's web site.

In Europe, depending on the airline, seats may only be chosen in advance of online check in upon payment of a fee, which can range from as little as £4 up to £60 depending on the class of travel.

The flight is with easyjet.

The point is that I do not have a number so that I can check in online. The cruise docs say to turn up at the airport 2.5 hours before flight with passport and cruise docs and present them at check in. Every other time I have flown with easyjet I have had to put my API on line.

I was just wondering if this is the normal.

Ian

The flight is with easyjet.

The point is that I do not have a number so that I can check in online. The cruise docs say to turn up at the airport 2.5 hours before flight with passport and cruise docs and present them at check in. Every other time I have flown with easyjet I have had to put my API on line.

I was just wondering if this is the normal.

Ian

I would call whoever you booked with (direct with RCI or a travel agent) and ask if they can give you the Easyjet trip locator. The trip locators for Easyjet are unique compared to all other airlines trip locators (sometimes referred to as a PNR). Easyjet trip locators comprise of 7 alpha numeric characters, but always start with the letter 'E' whereas other airlines are made up of 6 characters.

If you can get that, you should be able to access your booking on the Easyjet web site, using the manage my booking option.

Edited by peteukmcr

• 2 weeks later...

Our TA has told us that if you are part of a group booking made by RCCL, you cannot check in online, only at the airport. Jet2 charge a fee if you don't check in online. Not sure what to do. Not bothered about booking seats in advance for a short flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by sandancer

Our TA has told us that if you are part of a group booking made by RCCL, you cannot check in online, only at the airport. Jet2 charge a fee if you don't check in online. Not sure what to do. Not bothered about booking seats in advance for a short flight.

The advice from your TA does not match my experience. I have booked in the UK both direct with RCI and with a TA and every time I have been given a booking number for my flights and have been able to use this on the airline website to check in on line. Check your documentation to see if your booking reference is there. You can sometimes see your details on checkmytrip.com after final payment. I would not leave this to the day, check it out now

Thanks. She did send me a link to the Jet2/Royal Caribbean website but it is only for booking extras such as meals and seats. I think I will call the RCCL flights department after the week-end and ask them.

So this morning I decided to have one last try before phoning RCCL and lo and behold the website is now showing "online check in open". Was able to check in and print boarding cards. So thanks Cobman, remind me to always take the word of fellow cruise critics rather than the TA being paid to find out the correct information.

Ian

Hi , we also have a cruise booked with free flights and transfers for September . Our flight is with Jet2

On my invoice, booked directly with RCI UK, there is a section with the flight info and there is a flight reference number.

It is too early I think for us to check in but I was given a link to access on Jet2's website using our RCI cruise booking reference for the online check in.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by heatherb1958

Yes, it is too early. You can check in 28 days before the flight. Hence I was able to check in today for a flight on 26th June. However, if you wish to book seats, order meals or increase your baggage allowance, you can do that any time you want.