Harmony Of The Seas - Maiden Voyage - Live Blog

At least she's been offered some form of compensation. We've had nothing back from RCCL despite calls to MIA & Uk Guest relations. We had no hot water and sometimes no water. We booked a suite and still weren't allowed to book the suite restaurant. Having returned home I've now found out we should've been allowed in.I've been on first cruises before and the ships have been great,just the odd niggle but there was a lot more to finish off on the Harmony.

Was it you who tried to book CK before you sailed (which can't be done by anyone as far as I'm aware). Did you actually go along to CK whilst you were onboard and got turned away as I would have gone straight to GS or spoken to the Concierge at that point.

You say you found out once you got back, so I'm a bit confused :confused:

First of all thanks very much for taking so much time out of your cruise, loved both your vlog and blog, it will make planning for our cruise in October so much easier.

May i also say that i think that somebody who has payed as much as people on this cruise, have a right to their opionion and the way that it effects them personally, both good and bad, after all this is an open forum.... personally i have to agree with you that you should be made aware of the fact that a lot of the service you pay for would not indeed be available. RCI sound in this case as if they have just got greedy... the arguement of "would you rather they would have cancelled would not wash with me im afraid, in my opionion this could have easily been resolved by an email, asking if you would like to cancel or they could have offered people onboard credit before they boarded and the reason for this offer RCI are not new to this game and surely they that this is going to leave a sour taste in people's mouths, and as said a lot of people are not aware about cruise critic or have not read about shake down cruise before.

Anyway thank you very much for your very detailed and informative live review i have enjoyed every minute of it. :) cheers Mandy x

That's all it needed from RCI was an e-mail BEFORE we sailed advising us of the ongoing work and the various areas of entertainment that weren't working. I agree with you,I have a right to my opinion about the ship. It seems the "powers that be" in RCI chose to just take the money and ignore customer service.They let the very hard working patient crew take the flack. By now there should've been an apology by e-mail at least from HQ. Instead,Ken Rush,the most senior Cruise Director in the company to stand up on stage and say it for them!

Was it you who tried to book CK before you sailed (which can't be done by anyone as far as I'm aware). Did you actually go along to CK whilst you were onboard and got turned away as I would have gone straight to GS or spoken to the Concierge at that point.

If it was a Junior Suite - there is some inconsistency regarding Coastal Kitchen.

John

If it was a Junior Suite - there is some inconsistency regarding Coastal Kitchen.

John

Agree - we were not allowed in there in a JS on Allure in the Med but were allowed in there in a JS on Oasis in the Caribbean.

However, I have a friend who sailed in a JS on Harmony last week and was allowed in there.

John

There shouldn't be any inconsistency now under the Sea class program. It is clear that JS guests are allowed dinner (only) in CK. Some of the confusion appears to be that reservations aren't allowed through cruise planner for JS guests (at least so far). I will be in Harmony JS next week and confirmed with RCI service (for what that's worth) that reservations can be made on board. Still no cruise planner access, but not sure if they'll change that in the future for the new program. - Tim

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

At least she's been offered some form of compensation. We've had nothing back from RCCL despite calls to MIA & Uk Guest relations. We had no hot water and sometimes no water. We booked a suite and still weren't allowed to book the suite restaurant. Having returned home I've now found out we should've been allowed in.I've been on first cruises before and the ships have been great,just the odd niggle but there was a lot more to finish off on the Harmony.

On the 3 night cruise I was in a JS and I (along with a friend who was staying in a balcony cabin but was my guest) had dinner twice in CK. The food and service was excellent and the complimentary wine was good too as we were not on drinks packages. I went up to CK and booked for us on the morning of embarkation. CK was one of the good points among the not so good that I experienced on Harmony.

Edited by April_2000

On the 3 night cruise I was in a JS and I (along with a friend who was staying in a balcony cabin but was my guest) had dinner twice in CK. The food and service was excellent and the complimentary wine was good too as we were not on drinks packages. I went up to CK and booked for us on the morning of embarkation. CK was one of the good points among the not so good that I experienced on Harmony.

I was also in a JS on the 3n on Harmony. I was not able to prebook Coastal Kitchen and I was planning on going up there to make reservations on turnaround day. Then I looked at my Royal IQ and dinner reservations had already (automatically) been made for me! Now that is service!

CK was superb. The food was delicious and the wine was freely flowing at dinner. ;). A lovely oasis. Excuse the pun.

That's all it needed from RCI was an e-mail BEFORE we sailed advising us of the ongoing work and the various areas of entertainment that weren't working. I agree with you,I have a right to my opinion about the ship. It seems the "powers that be" in RCI chose to just take the money and ignore customer service.

I totally agree. After all we got an email daily about the need to reprint our SetSail passes prior to the cruise; why couldn't they have told us that the ship was not ready and set our expectations before hand about the workmen, the noise and the lack of AquaTheatre.

And why did they then continuously lie to us by keep saying it was a 'preview' cruise? I did not book a 'preview' cruise or a 'shakedown' cruise or what ever name they want to call it.

I booked a 4n Short Getaway and a 3n Short Getaway. And I paid a hefty sum for both cruises. Even their post cruise survey still calls it a 4n Short Getaway cruise.

Edited by little britain

I tried to book before left but we were told because we only had a JS we didn't qualify to eat there. On previous occasions on RCI, Anthem last year and Jan this year we were told the JS is only a larger cabin and doesn't entitle you to eat in CK or any of the other suite benefits. We've had the argument with RCI over the years that the JS shouldn't be called a suite if get you nothing other than just a larger cabin. I just thought I'd try it again but to no avail. At that point I just accepted we couldn't.

When we returned home I looked up what Sea class was entitled to. That's when I saw we could eat there. We had no information in the suite regarding dining venues.

I didn't go to the CK as I had been told we couldn't dine there. We had great food and service in the Silk restaurant any. It's just the incorrect info that's annoyed me. All our booking said was just JS,nothing about Sea class.

I tried to book before left but we were told because we only had a JS we didn't qualify to eat there. On previous occasions on RCI, Anthem last year and Jan this year we were told the JS is only a larger cabin and doesn't entitle you to eat in CK or any of the other suite benefits. We've had the argument with RCI over the years that the JS shouldn't be called a suite if get you nothing other than just a larger cabin.

Don't we still get double points for sailing in a JS? I don't want them renaming the category if that will mean taking away that perk (wouldn't put it past them!).

Don't we still get double points for sailing in a JS? I don't want them renaming the category if that will mean taking away that perk (wouldn't put it past them!).

Yes, you still get double points for a JS.

Not sure whether this doesn´t start until November...

steamboats

You are correct Steamboats. The complimentary dinner offered to guests staying in neighborhood balcony staterooms on the Oasis class ships begin with November 5, 2016 sailings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all, has anyone seen or able to get photos or video of an inside cabin? Seen lots of balconies and suites but haven't spotted an inside cabin.

Thanks

Alan

Alan, the last cabin previewed in the following You Tube video is the inside cabin:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've just received this email about our cruise. I'm assuming it's a generic one sent to everyone.

They have still referred to it as a pre-inaugural, which frustrates me as like others have said it was never advertised like this.

From the desk of

Michael Bayley

President and CEO of Royal Caribbean International

Dear

Thank you for being a part of both Southampton pre-inaugural sailings on Harmony of the Seas. We hope you gained a sense for why we are excited about our newest member of the fleet with her many incredible features introduced for the first time at sea.

On a ship of such scale and complexity, we were hopeful all work would be complete in time for your cruise and recognize there were simply too many projects still being completed during the voyage. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We'd like to have the opportunity to welcome you again, and to offer you our hospitality at the highest standard. We are offering each guest who sailed with us on the May 22, 2016 Harmony of the Seas cruise a Future Cruise Certificate for 50% of the cruise fare paid and for the May 26, 2016 Harmony of the Seas cruise a Future Cruise Certificate for 25% of the cruise fare paid.

For your convenience, these amounts will be combined into one certificate. This certificate may be used for a future cruise on any Royal Caribbean ship within the next 18 months. Within the next two weeks, Future Cruise Certificates will be e-mailed or mailed to your address on file, or travel agent if you booked through them.

We are eager to have the opportunity to welcome you back onboard in the future, when we can deliver the experience at the high standards Royal Caribbean has become known for and that we expect of ourselves.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean.

Sincerely,

Michael Bayley

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean

[emoji767]2016 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas. All rights reserved. • 16051226

I've just received this email about our cruise. I'm assuming it's a generic one sent to everyone.

They have still referred to it as a pre-inaugural, which frustrates me as like others have said it was never advertised like this.

From the desk of

Michael Bayley

Dear

Thank you for being a part of both Southampton pre-inaugural sailings on Harmony of the Seas. We hope you gained a sense for why we are excited about our newest member of the fleet with her many incredible features introduced for the first time at sea.

On a ship of such scale and complexity, we were hopeful all work would be complete in time for your cruise and recognize there were simply too many projects still being completed during the voyage. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We'd like to have the opportunity to welcome you again, and to offer you our hospitality at the highest standard. We are offering each guest who sailed with us on the May 22, 2016 Harmony of the Seas cruise a Future Cruise Certificate for 50% of the cruise fare paid and for the May 26, 2016 Harmony of the Seas cruise a Future Cruise Certificate for 25% of the cruise fare paid.

For your convenience, these amounts will be combined into one certificate. This certificate may be used for a future cruise on any Royal Caribbean ship within the next 18 months. Within the next two weeks, Future Cruise Certificates will be e-mailed or mailed to your address on file, or travel agent if you booked through them.

We are eager to have the opportunity to welcome you back onboard in the future, when we can deliver the experience at the high standards Royal Caribbean has become known for and that we expect of ourselves.

Sincerely,

Michael Bayley

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean

[emoji767]2016 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas. All rights reserved. • 16051226

Me too

From the desk of

Michael Bayley

Dear

Sincerely,

Michael Bayley

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean

Just realised read it wrong. We get back 25 percent of what paid towards next cruise not 25 percent off

Me too :) 50% future cruise certificate. Can't believe it as we hadn't complained to them. They have made a good decision I think as have had a lot of bad press and it is a shame as I truly like crusing with them so now I can apply a nice chunk to our December cruise.

From the desk of

Michael Bayley

Dear

Sincerely,

Michael Bayley

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean

Your experience and that of countless others on maiden voyages and also standard voyages is why I take screen shots of each page of the RCCL booking process ... I save each screen shot in the event a dispute should occur. I always book directly via the RCCL website, and then I am able to transfer to my favorite TA.

Seems like a very nice gesture on the part of RCL. As a DCL only cruiser to this point (doing the Allure this summer!) I am impressed. I've read countless tales (and unfortunately been part of one - but ONLY one in our 20 sailings) of people with terrible issues and DCL does its best to just stay the company line and rarely offers any compensation or even admits that a problem existed. They are great at the "I'm sorry you feel that way" apology. Our one and only bad experience - added to the skyrocketing pricing - is what finally got us to say "let's try another line!" Looking so forward to exploring a new ship, a new line, new venues, seeing new shows, riding the flowrider and zipline and doing everything else the Allure offers!

Seems like a very nice gesture on the part of RCL. As a DCL only cruiser to this point (doing the Allure this summer!) I am impressed. I've read countless tales (and unfortunately been part of one - but ONLY one in our 20 sailings) of people with terrible issues and DCL does its best to just stay the company line and rarely offers any compensation or even admits that a problem existed. They are great at the "I'm sorry you feel that way" apology. Our one and only bad experience - added to the skyrocketing pricing - is what finally got us to say "let's try another line!" Looking so forward to exploring a new ship, a new line, new venues, seeing new shows, riding the flowrider and zipline and doing everything else the Allure offers!

I have highlighted your words in red above, because other people have said that DCL (Disney Cruise Line) does try to take care of whatever situation has occurred and do what is right for the customer....but you are stating the opposite. I don't expect you to comment on what others have had happen to them, but share with us your experience.

I was always led to believe that people were holding up DCL as the 'gold standard' of accommodating cruisers when necessary.