May 8th Summit to Bermuda Drink Package Upgrade.

captdave

Back from Bermuda on Sunday morning (Aqua 1).

Went to Cape Liberty on the morning of the 8th. At the Sunset Bar at noon getting a drink from my Classic Package (I had 123GO Package).

Bartender said he could upgrade me to the Premium Drink Package for $5 a day. Both the wife & I for just $70 for the week!

The wife likes the fancy water at meals. I got the super fancy coffee in the Cafe also, never did that before. I didn't have to drink the swill bar drinks at any time on the cruise! Going to the Martini Bar for the good stuff was fun. The wine at Blu was stunning!!!

$70 for the week for both and we drank like Royalty, what could be better! I didn't have one garage drink the entire cruise.

CaptDave

Back from Bermuda on Sunday morning (Aqua 1).

Went to Cape Liberty on the morning of the 8th. At the Sunset Bar at noon getting a drink from my Classic Package (I had 123GO Package).

Bartender said he could upgrade me to the Premium Drink Package for $5 a day. Both the wife & I for just $70 for the week!

The wife likes the fancy water at meals. I got the super fancy coffee in the Cafe also, never did that before. I didn't have to drink the swill bar drinks at any time on the cruise! Going to the Martini Bar for the good stuff was fun. The wine at Blu was stunning!!!

$70 for the week for both and we drank like Royalty, what could be better! I didn't have one garage drink the entire cruise.

CaptDave

Did you have to pay the 7% NJ sales tax since you were in port?

You sure had the luck of the IRISH, good for you! What a great way to start your vacation! I am all Irish and I probably won't have that kind of luck in June lol.

It was nice starting off the trip right. It will be hard to not cruise with the Premium Drink Package again.

Just the Prem Wine at Blu was worth it alone.

CaptDave

It was nice starting off the trip right. It will be hard to not cruise with the Premium Drink Package again.

CaptDave

Thank you for confirming that Premium is the way to go especially for Premium Wine at Blu!

Were there several sommelier's in Blu? I have read that on some ships they are spread very thin.

Thank you for confirming that Premium is the way to go especially for Premium Wine at Blu!

Were there several sommelier's in Blu? I have read that on some ships they are spread very thin.

Ours was great!!! The wife has the name of everyone who served us. She filled out the tip envelopes herself.

We actually had 7 dinners in Blu. Got back from Bermuda early so we could do Blu and watch the sunset over the The Royal Dockyard!

At least 1/2 Bottle each of the good stuff each night, left the bottle at our table too.

CaptDave

Ours was great!!! The wife has the name of everyone who served us. She filled out the tip envelopes herself.

We actually had 7 dinners in Blu. Got back from Bermuda early so we could do Blu and watch the sunset over the The Royal Dockyard!

At least 1/2 Bottle each of the good stuff each night, left the bottle at our table too.

CaptDave

Wonderful. Thank you!

Marie

CaptDave

We upgraded too. At 2 for 1 you couldn't pass it up. Wine selection in BLU and a few special Martini's was definitely worth it. No NJ tax just the 18% gratuity on the upgrade. OBC put to good use.

We upgraded too. At 2 for 1 you couldn't pass it up. Wine selection in BLU and a few special Martini's was definitely worth it. No NJ tax just the 18% gratuity on the upgrade. OBC put to good use.

Summit Eastern Carib Nov 2014, Aqua 1 stern cabin.

Basic Drink Package, wine at Blu was undrinkable!

I NEVER throw away wine...this was swill! Unexpected in Blu.

Summit Prem Package last week (May 8th 2016) to Bermuda was a wine lovers taste sensation!

CaptDave

Just got off the Summit myself and had the Premium Package and absolutely loved it. I had coffee at the Coffee Bar every day with Alexandra who made excellent coffee. We also drank lots of San Pellegrino and at dinner in Blue, Bailon - the sommelier, chose some excellent wines for us.

Another item that is well worth the investment is the unlimited internet. Celebrity is the only cruise line that I know of that updated to the faster Xcelerate internet service and the entire trip was frustration free as it worked even when in close proximity to the ship.

My total bill this trip after using the $300 onboard credit was $0.96. You can't ask for better than that.

Edited by Ereggae

Just got off the Summit myself and had the Premium Package and absolutely loved it. I had coffee at the Coffee Bar every day with Alexandra who made excellent coffee. We also drank lots of San Pellegrino and at dinner in Blue, Bailon - the sommelier, chose some excellent wines for us.

Another item that is well worth the investment is the unlimited internet. Celebrity is the only cruise line that I know of that updated to the faster Xcelerate internet service and the entire trip was frustration free as it worked even when in close proximity to the ship.

My total bill this trip after using the $300 onboard credit was $0.96. You can't ask for better than that.

There are extra fancy coffee in the Cafe, went for those this time. No internet, not one second (vacation).

Wife likes Pellegrino too, even at home.

I haven't looked at our final bill...it would kill me. No Ships Tours this time also. We know Bermuda quite well.

CaptDave

For those who did not dine in Blue how was the wine selection and service in MDR?

We are leaving in a week and still didn't decide about the drink package.

We don't drink a lot but love wine and usually have a bottle of wine with dinner, and a glass of wine from the bar during the evening, etc.

Any experience from those who did not buy the drink package but bought a wine by the bottle in MDR?

On our last Equinox cruise the sommeliers in MDR looked very rushed and simply didn't have the time to give a good service. They had to work too many tables.

Edited by Aldeya

For those who did not dine in Blue how was the wine selection and service in MDR?

We are leaving in a week and still didn't decide about the drink package.

We don't drink a lot but love wine and usually have a bottle of wine with dinner, and a glass of wine from the bar during the evening, etc.

Any experience from those who did not buy the drink package but bought a wine by the bottle in MDR?

On our last Equinox cruise the sommeliers in MDR looked very rushed and simply didn't have the time to give a good service. They had to work too many tables.

Don't buy anything till on board, that's what I always heard. Boy were they right.

CaptDave

I sure hope the 2 for 1 sticks around! I am very surprised at the offer. What a deal. Did any of the bartenders elaborate on why the deal was being offered?

Marie

Edited by FlorenceItaly

It was the luck of the draw whether you were offered that deal, those of us who eagerly upgraded the second we walked on board were NOT offered that deal, while many others who upgraded a short time later, were. Some in our group did go to guest services to complain and get the deal after finding out, however I do not like to do that so I paid full price for the difference. I more than got my money's worth anyway.

It was the luck of the draw whether you were offered that deal, those of us who eagerly upgraded the second we walked on board were NOT offered that deal, while many others who upgraded a short time later, were. Some in our group did go to guest services to complain and get the deal after finding out, however I do not like to do that so I paid full price for the difference. I more than got my money's worth anyway.

We were offered the 2 for 1 upgrade right after check in before we even boarded the ship. Later in the week I asked one of the bartenders how long they have been offering that deal. He said that this was the first time.

We were offered the 2 for 1 upgrade right after check in before we even boarded the ship. Later in the week I asked one of the bartenders how long they have been offering that deal. He said that this was the first time.

Pretty cool Drink Package, $70 for 2!

Drinking in style from Cape Liberty to Bermuda and back.

27014180401_f8c0c2117f_b.jpg

CaptDave

We were not offered the 2 for 1 upgrade and purchased at full price. When we got our bill, we were only charged the 1/2 price total. So without asking we got the deal.