Mini Golf Bring Your Own Clubs???

Is this something new that guests are supposed to bring their own clubs for mini golf? Does anyone actually do this?

My past few cruises have been Oasis / Freedom Class ships and clubs were always provided. Sailing on Jewel next, and RCCL's website states that "Guests should bring their own clubs.".

Edited by Host Jacquelyn

Is this something new that guests are supposed to bring their own clubs for mini golf? Does anyone actually do this?

My past few cruises have been Oasis / Freedom Class ships and clubs were always provided. Sailing on Jewel next, and RCCL's website states that "Guests should bring their own clubs.".

must be an April fools joke they forgot about

I think this is a good thing, because I'm not interested in mini-golf, so why should my cruise fare help subsidize buying putters for those who are?

really?

I guess if you are not interested in something on a ship it shouldn't be there

Edited by cruisinfanatic

I think this is a good thing, because I'm not interested in mini-golf, so why should my cruise fare help subsidize buying putters for those who are?

In the total cost of a cruise ship, the putters probably are a small percentage. :p They had plenty of decent putters on every ship I've been on so without a competition for big prize money, I wouldn't bring my own. Especially on Oasis/Allure where the golf balls aren't real anyway. I have been on Majesty three times and don't even remember the mini-golf.

i think this is a good thing, because i'm not interested in mini-golf, so why should my cruise fare help subsidize buying putters for those who are?

ha!! :D :D :D

Edited by Host Jacquelyn

You do NOT need your own putter!!! They have plenty! The "mini-golf" course is well-worn and it's a fun way to spend some time... the clubs they provide are ample!

Nor do you need your own beach towels....in case you were wondering!

Edited by cb at sea

If I am remembering correctly, Jewel has a golf simulator up there, as well as mini golf. I bet they are referring to the golf simulator when they say to bring your own clubs.

Maybe it means if you want to "practice your putting" like real golf putting, you should bring your own clubs?

Not play a round of mini-golf, because nobody carries their own mini golf clubs.

Edited by adjjb12

really?

I guess if you are not interested in something on a ship it shouldn't be there

Exactly! Or it should be an extra charge, so only those who want it are paying for it.

(Really, I was just kidding. :D)

I wouldn't consider bringing my own putter, but it would be hilarious to dress as a PGA golfer, complete with gloves, visor, etc ... maybe even go old school with knickers and then have a buddy wear a white jumpsuit and caddy for you

lol, this is a joke?

I don't use two pillows so why should my cruise fare help subsidize buying those?

:D:D:D

I wouldn't consider bringing my own putter, but it would be hilarious to dress as a PGA golfer, complete with gloves, visor, etc ... maybe even go old school with knickers and then have a buddy wear a white jumpsuit and caddy for you

Maybe a guy from this tour will be cruising one day:

http://prominigolf.com/

:cool: :D

Ok. This thread is really quite comical. But I now have a serious question because of it

Do people bring their own clubs if they do the golf simulator??? My husband loves golf and had brought his clubs along a time or two to golf on the islands. But this next cruise he won't be with any golfing buddies. But we saw that the Freedom has a simulator and now he is debating bringing them along just for that. Is it worth it? How is the simulator?? And what is the price??

I really like this idea. I bring my own Flowboards (both stand-up and boogie boards) on my cruises. I think it's ridiculous that my cruise fare subsidizes the boards that guests who don't bring their own use. I can't wait to see how short the lines are going to be at the Flowrider when they implement this policy. :D

You do not need to bring your own clubs, but.....don't forget your balls !!!

If I am remembering correctly, Jewel has a golf simulator up there, as well as mini golf. I bet they are referring to the golf simulator when they say to bring your own clubs.

Maybe it means if you want to "practice your putting" like real golf putting, you should bring your own clubs?

Not play a round of mini-golf, because nobody carries their own mini golf clubs.

The website states:

"Fairways of the Jewel - Mini Golf

Practice your putting in the middle of the ocean. Guests should bring their own clubs."

Do people bring their own clubs if they do the golf simulator??? My husband loves golf and had brought his clubs along a time or two to golf on the islands. But this next cruise he won't be with any golfing buddies. But we saw that the Freedom has a simulator and now he is debating bringing them along just for that. Is it worth it? How is the simulator?? And what is the price??

On Liberty 5 years ago clubs were provided for simulator and it was free. And thus blaming the club for bad play was expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app