Problem with pricing change on the website?

I don't remember the year, either, but it really went downhill when they introduced their new booking system for TAs. Now I can only look at a booking - I don't dare change dining time, beds, add a middle name - all of those will delete the OBC for booking onboard. It's shameful.

And I really object to the way that reps sometimes put it back on the caller as if it's our fault instead of their system. Don't look at your booking online? Please.

I didn't realize how bad it had gotten. My TA told me she didn't want to merge our B2B until much later, because once she merged it, she couldn't get into the reservations. The receipts on our last B2B had really incorrect totals after merging them. We had to use old invoices before the merge to determine the final payment amount. It's really bad, because my invoices seldom have everything correct the first time. We have to jump through hoops to get the balcony discount, and it's even more complicated after they changed the OBC to make several different amounts.

Edited by knittinggirl

• 2 weeks later...
It actually used to happen much more often, but has not been reported much lately.

Well, a billion or so cruises later, and it has finally happened to me.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I am cruising B2B on the Explorer in September, but couldn't get the same cabins.

I WAS able to book just three cabins apart.

Last night, I saw that the cabin NEXT DOOR was suddenly available.

I called, and a lovely man named Patrick easily made the switch.

Sent me a new invoice.

The new invoice is exactly $100 more than my previous cruise fare.

I called back and got Sandra, a lovely woman.

She has no idea what happened and called her supervisor. Her supervisor has no idea what happened, but they have not quite figured out how to fix it. :eek:

They asked for 24 hours to correct the mistake.

:eek:

I wonder if this is an issue more with those who book directly with RC than those with a TA? Since my friend is a TA and I always book with him, the pricing does not show up when I log in.

When it was happening more often, in late 2013, it did seem to happen more often to direct bookings. However, there were one or two reports of re-pricing mistakes on TA bookings too.

When it was happening more often, in late 2013, it did seem to happen more often to direct bookings. However, there were one or two reports of re-pricing mistakes on TA bookings too.

Thanks! I'll have them keep an eye on it.

I'm in "my cruise" a lot.......so it happens to me quite often. A call to C&A fixes it ASAP.

As Bob said, it happens much less than it did a few years ago.

I've been checking reservations through the C&A page ever since our mysterious increase a couple of years ago. Haven't had a problem since.

I've been checking reservations through the C&A page ever since our mysterious increase a couple of years ago. Haven't had a problem since.

I hope you are touching some wood now.;)

If you're referring to knocking on wood, yes I did. If you're not, then no I am not. [emoji54][emoji6][emoji38]

Yes, knock or touch, depending on what side of the Atlantic you are on.:)

I'm in "my cruise" a lot.......so it happens to me quite often. A call to C&A fixes it ASAP.

As Bob said, it happens much less than it did a few years ago.

I didn't do anything on the website. I CALLED. Purely their error that they can't fix.

And they still can't fix.

They have now (triumphantly) sent me THREE invoices. "We have fixed it."

Um, no.

Still the wrong number.

Last phone call: "It is correct in our system; your old price is correct; I have put the notes in your file; no problem there. But we can't seem to generate a correct invoice to send to you."

... Last phone call: "It is correct in our system; your old price is correct; I have put the notes in your file; no problem there. But we can't seem to generate a correct invoice to send to you."

Oh, that inspires confidence!:rolleyes:

I'd be really nervous that they don't cancel the booking when you pay what you think is owed and they still think you owe $100.

Edited by clarea

Oh, that inspires confidence!:rolleyes:

I'd be really nervous that they don't cancel the booking when you pay what you think is owed and they still think you owe $100.

Oh, I will be watching it like a

3644182971_a94d179cb6.jpg