Very disappointed...Norwegian Jewel

Casimira1

My great, great, grand parents had the same problem. When in a wagon train going west, the pioneers in the wagon next to them had a baby that cried all night. When they changed positions in the wagon train they had the wagons' on each side of them with crying babies. They complained to the wagon master but of course got no satisfaction, in fact he just laughed and rode off.

Moral of the story, be happy you only had one crying baby to contend with, buy some ear plugs and take a nice nap in the sun. :cool:

Too bad you weren't in The Haven. You could have insisted your butler handle the matter[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]. I am following another thread about inappropriate butler requests.

I think OP may have the same diagnosis with FWP

What, Guest Services didn't offer/loan one of these - QC 15 by Bose, they are great ... many frequent travelers that fly won't go anywhere without them https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page2/Bose_QC15_in_box.jpg

Now, that's enough OBC to offset the purchase of a nice pair for travel use ... crying babies of all ages, drunk or otherwise, etc. :D - or, you can 2 pairs (or more) of Sennheiser's noise-cancelling IEM

Totally shocked, shocked and disbelief - that NCL raised the bar for dealing with "spoiled" cruise experience with such an excessive & generous offer ... now, I am going to demand compensation for ...

If this is true :rolleyes: - and OP stayed in their room with the son 24/7, gotcha !

Edited by mking8288

Did you even ask to be moved to a different location? Did the passenger on the other side of the crying baby also complain?

If at all possible, they should have offered to move you...if the ship was absolutely filled, then, they should apologize and offer to talk to the parents.

Did you warrant any refund of money or future OBC, not really...

Seems you went looking for something, and was not satisfied with what you got.

I can only imagine if they had only sent you some chocolate strawberries!!!

I'm going to give OP the benefit of the doubt and assume that this is not a troll/joke post. I'm surprised that OP thinks that $250 is not adequate compensation. It's $250 more than he deserves.

First rule of travel, always bring earplugs.

Why would you complain to the Hotel Director multiple times about a crying baby? Perhaps the baby was crying because he couldn't sleep because YOU were making too much noise?

If it really bothered you that much, instead of running to the Hotel Director like a 3rd grader tattling on another kid to the principal, why didn't you just knock on the door next door and talk to the parents? They would have likely apologised but honestly there's nothing they can do either. Babies cry.

But I guess that would have actually required effort, and it was easier for you to just complain to the HD and see if they would give you anything for your "trouble".

My neighbors in the apartment above mine have a baby that cries. It's annoying sometimes.

So...should I demand they be evicted and free rent from the managers for my inconvenience and the burden on my poor nerves (Mr. Bennett)?

We chose this cruise because of the timing which was perfect time during our son's spring break. Unfortunately, our cabin was next to a family with a crying baby 24/7. While this was bad and not the fault of NCL, the nonchalant attitude of the Hotel Director was THE one that left a lasting impression. Even after several complaints during the cruise, nothing was offered to make us feel understood and appreciated. And what's worse, after several communications later with their corporate office, they came up with what they call a "goodwill gesture" of $250 onboard credit to be used for future business with them and to be used within one year. When I questioned why this was not offered during the cruise, their response was "I don't know, I wasn't there. But I hope this won't deter you from cruising with us again." At the end, the crying baby became a secondary issue for us while the corporate's response became the primary issue and left a very negative impact. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised of the Hotel Director's attitude when their corporate culture itself falls very short on their customer service and appreciation.

What did you expect them to do to the baby?

We were on the Jewel 4 weeks or so ago and the Hotel Director was one of the best, most approachable HD's I have experienced. He was there greeting you when you came back from an excursion and mingled in the various common areas to make friendly small talk and to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.

He was from Wisconsin or Minnesota and was very friendly. So, if he is still on the Jewel (likely is) I am not buying the story.

There are so many cruising options out there. If I didn't want to be near kids I'd go on Holland America. I don't get the whole "the world revolves around me" attitude.

I am quite certain that the poster would find something else to complain about on Holland America. Perhaps the sounds of multiple sleep apnea machines. Full disclosure: there's one in my cabin too!

What did you expect them to do to the baby?

The bottom line is this... he complained multiple times and basically was expecting them to throw OBC at him for his "troubles". When he got home, they finally caved and gave him OBC, but it's "useless" because it can only be used on a future cruise and has to be used within a year.

It's really not about the baby... it's about him finding something to complain about so he can get some free credit. If the baby crying was really bothering him so much, at the first port he should have been looking for a drug store to buy some earplugs.

Respond to thread by telling others not to respond? Check.

Trite but mildly amusing comment snarkily commenting on other peoples' comments about commenting.

Check.

Stephen

We chose this cruise because of the timing which was perfect time during our son's spring break. Unfortunately, our cabin was next to a family with a crying baby 24/7. While this was bad and not the fault of NCL, the nonchalant attitude of the Hotel Director was THE one that left a lasting impression. Even after several complaints during the cruise, nothing was offered to make us feel understood and appreciated. And what's worse, after several communications later with their corporate office, they came up with what they call a "goodwill gesture" of $250 onboard credit to be used for future business with them and to be used within one year. When I questioned why this was not offered during the cruise, their response was "I don't know, I wasn't there. But I hope this won't deter you from cruising with us again." At the end, the crying baby became a secondary issue for us while the corporate's response became the primary issue and left a very negative impact. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised of the Hotel Director's attitude when their corporate culture itself falls very short on their customer service and appreciation.

What were you expecting? A free cruise? You seem to be whining and crying more than the baby!

Shame on you greedy people!

Edited by Arzeena

Very upset and need to get this off my chest. Here's my rant for today. Full credit acknowledged and given to anyone who wrote a somewhat similar sounding post on cc.

We chose to post on cc because of the timing which was perfect time during our bathroom break. Unfortunately, our post was being view as a whining rant. While this was bad and not the fault of cc, the nonchalant attitude of some cc members was THE one that left a lasting impression. Even after several complaints to cc admin, nothing was offered to make us feel understood and appreciated. And what's worse, after several communications later with their mod, they came up with what they call a "goodwill gesture" of free access to cc to be used for future rantings with them and to be used within one year. When I questioned why this was not offered during our initial complaint, their response was "I don't know, I wasn't there. But I hope this won't deter you from posting with us again." At the end, the whining stuff became a secondary issue for us while the corporate's response became the primary issue and left a very negative impact. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised of the mod's attitude when their corporate culture itself falls very short on their customer service and appreciation.

Okay, rant over. I feel better now.