Sky Suite Dining Perks

aquashores

We're on a 9 day Silhouette Med cruise and booked in a Sky Suite . I made the reservation in Sept 2015 and paid the deposit. We loved Luminae on our last cruise but also enjoyed the specialty dining option. I understand the Specialty dining perks have been dropped for Sky Suites but I wasnt aware of this change when I booked:( Do you think they will extend this option to us?

Also, do we now have access to Michael's Club?

Many thanks!

As of last week, celebrity's website was still listing 1 free specialty dining as a perk for sky suite, is that wrong?

We got one free specialty dinner with our Sky Suite last month. Since we took advantage of an upgrade, we didn't know we had it until the Michael's Club Concierge called to tell us we'd have to take a lunch because all the dinners were booked.

Would a Celebrity Official be able to tell us what specialty dining perks are included with Sky Suites and what the policy is for bookings made in 2015?

I believe the old perk was one complimentary dinner (per guest) for those booked in suites on cruises of six or seven nights; two complimentary dinners for cruises of eight nights or more. If you booked in 2015, you should be grandfathered in; if you encounter difficulty on board I'd recommend requesting the assistance of the concierge in Michael's Club to help problem solve.

We got one free specialty dinner with our Sky Suite last month. Since we took advantage of an upgrade, we didn't know we had it until the Michael's Club Concierge called to tell us we'd have to take a lunch because all the dinners were booked.

What if we booked an AQ cabin in 2015 for a 12 night cruise departing in June 2016 then took advantage of an upsell when the price of a sky suite came down last month? Do we still get free specialty dinners?

What if we booked an AQ cabin in 2015 for a 12 night cruise departing in June 2016 then took advantage of an upsell when the price of a sky suite came down last month? Do we still get free specialty dinners?

My guess would be no as you moved to the sky suite after December 31, 2015. You could call and ask Celebrity the question.

My guess would be no as you moved to the sky suite after December 31, 2015. You could call and ask Celebrity the question.

Thanks - I'm sure if I call three times, I'll get three different answers to a question that only has two possible answers :)

That's exactly what we did and got the dinner, except we first had a CC1 cabin.

Thanks - I'm sure if I call three times, I'll get three different answers to a question that only has two possible answers :)

Yes, there is that issue. :) If you get the answer you want on one of those calls, you could request the rep to e-mail you a confirmation of the answer which you could then print and bring along with you.

Did you ask for it, or did they just give it to you on board? I booked CC3 in May 2015 and did a Sky Suite upsell in March this year

Would a Celebrity Official be able to tell us what specialty dining perks are included with Sky Suites and what the policy is for bookings made in 2015?

Having a sky suite, you are entitled to dining in Luminae every breakfast, lunch (on sea days) and dinner every night. Once you eat in Luminae, you probably will not even consider a specialty restaurant...it is that AMAZING. We were blown away by the quality of the food, the decor, the service, etc. so that another dining venue on our recent Silhouette cruise was not even tempting.

Trish

Having a sky suite, you are entitled to dining in Luminae every breakfast, lunch (on sea days) and dinner every night. Once you eat in Luminae, you probably will not even consider a specialty restaurant...it is that AMAZING. We were blown away by the quality of the food, the decor, the service, etc. so that another dining venue on our recent Silhouette cruise was not even tempting.

Trish

That may be true. However, it's always fun to go with a group to Qsine. And some of your friends may not be traveling in a suite and you might want to go to dinner with them.

Did you ask for it, or did they just give it to you on board? I booked CC3 in May 2015 and did a Sky Suite upsell in March this year

About a month before our cruise, we got an email offering to upgrade us to a Sky Suite for $400.

You got lucky then. I called Celebrity and they told me that the answer is no because our original booking was not a suite and we didn't change to a suite until 2016.

We're on a 9 day Silhouette Med cruise and booked in a Sky Suite . I made the reservation in Sept 2015 and paid the deposit. We loved Luminae on our last cruise but also enjoyed the specialty dining option. I understand the Specialty dining perks have been dropped for Sky Suites but I wasnt aware of this change when I booked:( Do you think they will extend this option to us?

Also, do we now have access to Michael's Club?

Many thanks!

Celebrity Suite and Sky Suite bookings (for any sail date) that are made by January 1, 2016 will still enjoy the complimentary specialty dining reservations benefit. These suite guests will enjoy 1 specialty restaurant reservation for each guest in the suite for cruises 7 nights or less and 2 specialty restaurant reservations for each suite guest for cruises 8 nights or longer. All other new Suite Class benefits will begin during January 2016.

Celebrity Suite and Sky Suite bookings (for any sail date) that are made by January 1, 2016 will still enjoy the complimentary specialty dining reservations benefit. These suite guests will enjoy 1 specialty restaurant reservation for each guest in the suite for cruises 7 nights or less and 2 specialty restaurant reservations for each suite guest for cruises 8 nights or longer. All other new Suite Class benefits will begin during January 2016.

But the question was: What if someone booked a non-suite cabin in 2015 and took advantage of an opportunity to spend the difference to move into a suite in 2016? Do they then get the complimentary specialty dining reservations?

Thank you Celebrity Official for answering my post.