Star Princess - Can I take own hairdryer

kazda

Hi

Am I able to take my own hairdryer on the Star Princess or will it be confiscated at a taboo item to take onboard ?

Thanks

Kaz

Yes! bring your own Blow dryer if you are used to blow drying your hair. The Princess Blow Dryers will work in a pinch but they are not the best. I much prefer my own :)

Thanks for the info.

I'm travelling from Australia with my own pillow, so might as well bring my hairdryer. So glad it's allowed :)

EDIT. Hubby just said as the voltage is different my 240volt won't work as well as it does at home.. So now I'll buy one at Walmart etc when I arrive in US.

Edited by kazda

Thanks for the info.

I'm travelling from Australia with my own pillow, so might as well bring my hairdryer. So glad it's allowed :)

EDIT. Hubby just said as the voltage is different my 240volt won't work as well as it does at home.. So now I'll buy one at Walmart etc when I arrive in US.

Either that or bring a converter.

A converter, unless you get one that convers the voltage and tend to be heavy and expensive, won't change the voltage.

Yeah, hubbys an electrician so he's on the ball with this. It's easier to buy a hair dryer when we arrive in US.

Thanks for the input.

So much better to buy one here in the US. I have my own hairdryer and curling iron that I bought at "Boots" in England. I bring those with me when I go England, and I think I can use them in Australia in 2018 when we travel there.

Definitely bring your own/buy one in the US! We just got off the Star this morning and the in-cabin hair dryer was awful. I attempted to use to to dry a water spot on my top one night and even on high, it was pathetic. It would have taken me days to dry my hair with that thing, lol. While you're at Walmart (or wherever) buying your hair dryer, grab a power bar, too. There were only two plugs in our cabin so our power bar came in handy - I was able to dry my hair, heat my straightener, and charge my camera battery all at the same time.

Definitely bring your own/buy one in the US! We just got off the Star this morning and the in-cabin hair dryer was awful. I attempted to use to to dry a water spot on my top one night and even on high, it was pathetic. It would have taken me days to dry my hair with that thing, lol. While you're at Walmart (or wherever) buying your hair dryer, grab a power bar, too. There were only two plugs in our cabin so our power bar came in handy - I was able to dry my hair, heat my straightener, and charge my camera battery all at the same time.

Just make sure the power bar does not have a surge protector. Ship grounding and land grounding are vastly different. Land surge protectors are a fire hazard onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app