Visiting Millie and Like Her! Live From M...

Lastdance

ImageUploadedByForums1463846901.862681.jpg.791cc3460883d8ca0080fbc4e5c52fe7.jpg We boarded Millie yesterday afternoon in Seward; the photo is from our balcony. My DH and I just finished a three day tour, entering into Denali Park. I have only traveled on S class ships, but she looks great. New paint, very clean cabin, and a crew who seems genuinely caring and friendly. I will post additional photos. The internet package, so far, is great, but I was told there will be an area today that will not be so efficient. Edited by Lastdance

[ATTACH]385938[/ATTACH] We boarded Millie yesterday afternoon in Seward; the photo is from out balcony. My DH and I just finished a three day tour, entering into Denali Park. I have only traveled on S class ships, but she looks great. New paint, very clean cabin, and a crew who seems genuinely caring and friendly. I will post additional photos. The internet package, so far, is great, but I was told there will be an area today that will not be so efficient.

My best friends Steve and Jill Barnes are on that cruise too. Their first time on X and it will be fun to hear how the cruise went and if they love cruising X like I do.

Teanne

Lastdance, Thanks for the report, looking forward to more. Keep her in good shape - we're on the next cruise! See you in Vancouver!

LIKE! We are on the next cruise too! Can't wait to meet Millie as we are great friends with her sister - Connie. 6 DAYS!!!!!!

ImageUploadedByForums1463853268.537461.jpg.2f0353f7831630923a3b7658494cf4ac.jpg Yummy caramel macchiato at Cafe al Bacio. I love it with soy and half the expresso. Excellent service[emoji779]️

Having a massage, along with the hot stones. My sciatica is really acting up, so an intervention from the spa is needed. The funny thing is that while we were at the drill yesterday, I met my massage therapist. She came to my rescue, as my pain in my right leg was acting up; like magic, she used some pressure points and it was sooo much better! Who would have thunk?[emoji572]️

We have new balcony furniture, but a little cool to enjoy it...

Edited by Lastdance

We boarded Millie yesterday afternoon in Seward; I have only traveled on S class ships, but she looks great. New paint, very clean cabin, and a crew who seems genuinely caring and friendly.

See? I told you not to worry. :)

Edited by Texed

[ATTACH]385944[/ATTACH]

Having a massage, along with the hot stones. My sciatica is really acting up, so an intervention from the spa is needed. The funny thing is that while we were at the drill yesterday, I met my massage therapist. She came to my rescue, as my pain in my right leg was acting up; like magic, she used some pressure points and it was sooo much better! Who would have thunk?[emoji572]️

Great to hear, let us know how the massage goes as I suffer too ;). I can predict what my Christmas gift on Millie will be :D.

If you get a chance, I'd love to see some photos of the new rooftop area.

Great to hear, let us know how the massage goes as I suffer too ;). I can predict what my Christmas gift on Millie will be :D.

If you get a chance, I'd love to see some photos of the new rooftop area.

Once it gets warmer, I will go out. No one I've talked with has been out there yet...

How was your tour of Denali? What was on the itinerary, and how was the lodging.? We are returning next May, and have booked the land tour. Can't wait

ImageUploadedByForums1463857762.563382.jpg.6c53d248a986fb479ff50cadda83a658.jpg

We were very lucky in Denali, as the sun was out and so were the animals...moose, caribou, eagles, state bird etc. The park was open to the 30 mile marker. Our tour was only three days and that was plenty. The train was wonderful; the bus, well...not so much. The accommodations were great for us, as we were upstairs and faced the river in Denali. The Denali Lodge is very new; Talkeetna's Lodge was super, with a towering fireplace and exceptional viewing area, but the mountain(Denali) stayed illusive. The mountain did show itself about 30 miles into the park- very unusual. Also, a moose gave birth to twins outside out building/room in Talkeetna. They pick areas where people are around, so the bears don't attack, according to a guide. Actually, the mother was down in a ravine area.

Edited by Lastdance

ImageUploadedByForums1463863300.494524.jpg.25972cd0a76f44c590ff9a6378724f6a.jpg

Having some lunch in the OVC, but dessert is limited to cupcakes and apple bread pudding; no whipped cream[emoji51]. So, I asked and they said only at breakfast/ dinner; however, they are making some. Love the willingness to please[emoji572]️[emoji572]️[emoji252]ImageUploadedByForums1463863679.318776.jpg.4cc414927653de5c05eb2c5eb33694f8.jpg

Edited by Lastdance