Cruise luggage tags

When do you get your luggage tags...Are these the ones you print out with your sail pass> It says they are not real luggage tags...or does royal send them to you??? I have already purchase the plastic luggage tags from cruise critic to put the paper ones in..

When do you get your luggage tags...Are these the ones you print out with your sail pass> It says they are not real luggage tags...or does royal send them to you??? I have already purchase the plastic luggage tags from cruise critic to put the paper ones in..

The official tags are in your cruise docs that are usually issued about 49 days prior to the cruise.

Yes, you can then print them off from the Documents and put into your new Tag!

Yeah... The luggage tag that prints with your Sea Pass is, as someone recently pointed out to me, is for the porters in case you forgot to print yours. The real one is in your Cruise Documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is also a link to "Print Paper Luggage Tags" on your cruise check in page, where you go to do the set sail pass.

This will appear when e-docs are issued which is usually 49 days prior to departure unless one has tickests purchased through Air2Sea, then it could be later.

Just learned last week that neither suites nor Pinnacles now get luggage tags mailed. Everyone now has to print out the paper tags.

Yep, that's another cutback. But, since I use the plastic luggage tag holders, printing them off from the e-docs will work just as well.

what type of plastic tag holders do you use?

I purchased ours through the CC store Cruise Luggage Tag Holder Have had them since they were first introduced and they have held up very well. I use them for embarkation tags as well as debarkation tags. Have yet to lose our luggage!!!

You can also get them on Amazon. Just do a search for Plastic Luggage Tag Holders.

Edited by cruisenfever

Just learned last week that neither suites nor Pinnacles now get luggage tags mailed. Everyone now has to print out the paper tags.

Last week I was surprised to see a link that said "order luggage tags". I hadn't seen that link for a while. I clicked and ordered them. Whether they actually come, we'll have to see.

I'd be interested to know if they arrive or not. I have used that link many times, but it did not appear this week when I printed my Set Sail pass. Called and was told no more mailing out luggage tags.

I'd be interested to know if they arrive or not. I have used that link many times, but it did not appear this week when I printed my Set Sail pass. Called and was told no more mailing out luggage tags.

The "Print Luggage Tags/Order Luggage Tags" button does not appear until your e-docs are issued.

Last week I was surprised to see a link that said "order luggage tags". I hadn't seen that link for a while. I clicked and ordered them. Whether they actually come, we'll have to see.

UPDATE

Received luggage tags today in the mail for my upcoming Freedom sailing. VERY surprised that they came. Probably the last ones I'll ever get. Very glad to have them.