What did you wear for dinner?

DH wears a dress shirt and matching bow tie with black pants and sometimes with vest on formal nights. Never had a problem, even on ships that state jackets suggested at night. For other nights he brings 2 pair of dark pants with short sleeve casual button down or golf shirts with collar. Also brings some nice colored V-neck shirts which can be worn to dinner and ship activities.

He wears tank tops to pool, some excursions and fitness activities.

On formal nights I like to dress up in a short cocktail type dress. In an effort to pack less, I'm bringing nice, comfortable sundresses which can be used for dinner and then reused as a coverup for swimsuits, wearing around the ship or on excursion tours. I had been bringing lots of shorts and tops, but think the sundress idea will eliminate most of those. Plus they are really cool which is important in the Caribbean and other warm ports.

Didn't bring a sweater or light jacket and jeans last trip to warm ports, but will definitely do so next cruise. It was really cold in some of the bars and nightclubs, especially early in the evening. Also needed these outside some evenings when the ship was sailing.

Still having a hard time trying to cut back on the number of shoes.... sneakers for gym, flip flops for pool, keens for excursions, water shoes for beach, sandals for ship activities, heels for me/shoes for DH for formal night!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for this information. Two weeks out from cruising on Anthem. I'll bring dress slacks, shoes, nice shirt, and a jacket for formal night. Maybe a suit/tie. As long as the tie thing is optional. Awesome! Wife will make me dress to the nines, hehehe.

My husband wears Dockers with either a polo or short sleeve button down shirt. Formal nights he wears a suit and tie. He packs one suit, one white dress shirt, and two ties. He has the shirt laundered on board. Easy peasy.

Same here with our guys, including the teens and "older" guys.

Casual nights - slacks and top both for DH and myself...something I'd wear to the office. My DD is a girly girl so she always wore a dress. My DS wore jeans and nice tshirt

Formal nights I wore a summer dress...something that I wore to an outside casual wedding last summer. (I rarely wear dresses so a dress is dressing up for me). DH work a suit without a tie. DD work a dress. DS wore slacks and a button down shirt.

My husband usually wears nice jeans, a button down shirt and dress shoes. Depending on time of year and weather it might be a more traditional long sleeve shirt or a short sleeve cabana shirt (I think that is what they are called - same style as Hawaiian without the load print). Formal night is usually dark suit and tie. For upcoming Anthem we are ditching the suit and tie in favor of a sport coat based on all the CC reviews of how casual the ship is and the fact that there is no formal night :(