fewer wines on package now

ETA: The title should state on the ultimate and premium packages--sorry for missing that.

We just got off of Serenade on Sunday and I thought I would let people know that many of the wines by the glass have gone up in price. My husband gets the beverage package and generally has wine with both lunch and dinner and more than half of the wines he has always ordered are now suddenly out of the allowed price range.

We were on the first European cruise of the run and had thought perhaps there was a glitch in not updating the system to allow the higher prices that Europe allows to make up for VAT being in the price listed--but spoke to the bar manager and that was not the case; most wines have just been knocked out of range by having their price raised.

On a related note: the bar manager told us that soon the company is going to only ONE package with alcohol and ONE without. No details, and i don't know how true that rumor really is, but figured I would throw it out there.

Edited by NHDisneylover

Disappointing to hear this, as there were few enough wine choices within the package with the old prices.

exactly--the slim pickings have gotten even slimmer.

My husband had already bought the package for our upcoming Harmony sailing (on the 20% off sale) and is now debating if it is worth keeping.

I wonder if the package wines are those that don't sell well otherwise and they're clearing their inventory.

We had some dining companions that had bought the 7-bottle package, and hoped get the wine in all the bars too. But learned upon boarding, they could only utilize their wine package in the MDR or Windjammer. They don't do specialty dining.

Is there a listing what exact wines are included in beverage packages, instead of the generic reds, whites and so on. Also, besides the there added caveat, "wine selections vary by ship."

Thanks

We just got off the Anthem last week. We purchased the premium drink package and we got glasses of wine all over the ship without paying extra. On occasion we went over the $14 a glass and just paid the difference. Never had a problem and tried many wines....spent a lot of time in Vintages;)

Is there a listing what exact wines are included in beverage packages, instead of the generic reds, whites and so on. Also, besides the there added caveat, "wine selections vary by ship."

Thanks

No, there is no fleetwide exact listing.

exactly--the slim pickings have gotten even slimmer.

My husband had already bought the package for our upcoming Harmony sailing (on the 20% off sale) and is now debating if it is worth keeping.

I also have it on next cruise. but most of the wines we ordered on cruise a few weeks ago were about 15 a glass so we paid the extra over the 12 that package covered. they also offered up to 40 percent off bottles some days ( package normally allows 20 percent off I believe)