Royal Suite Class expanding fleetwide?

Hi All,

Question to those who many have heard anything about this. Just booked the Royal Suite and was told that I would be eligible for the Royal Genie since I am booked in a Star Class Suite onboard the Navigator of the Seas. I politely corrected her and said I believed this was only exclusive to Quantum & Oasis Class. She typed away and said no, according to her records, by the time I sailed (2018), this would be offered on my ship/sail date.

Has this been confirmed by anyone? I am rather surprised.

Haven't heard anything, but I guess it wouldn't be hard to add Royal Genies to the existing ships. Of course, some of the other major perks (particularly Coastal Kitchen) will most likely not be available.

Actually, it would be very easy to add Coastal Kitchen to all of the ships if Royal Caribbean chooses to do so. They added Luminae to all of the Celebrity ships in a matter of weeks and they could add Coastal Kitchen the same way (by carving out a piece of the MDR).

Interested to know as well, as we have an RS also booked for 2018

And other suites between now and then that could be eligible.

Would be nice, time will tell:)

Happy Days!

On a non Oasis or Quantum ship what besides the RS qualifies. RFS doesn't on Oasis.

On a non Oasis or Quantum ship what besides the RS qualifies. RFS doesn't on Oasis.

That is probably why it would be simple to add the Genie. Really just need one - for the Royal Suite and maybe include the RFS as well on Freedom/Voyager Class ships.

We did Royal Suite on Rhapsody and were immensely disappointed with the perks provided. RCL really needs to beef up the perks for this class of room fleetwide IMHO.

Actually, it would be very easy to add Coastal Kitchen to all of the ships if Royal Caribbean chooses to do so. They added Luminae to all of the Celebrity ships in a matter of weeks and they could add Coastal Kitchen the same way (by carving out a piece of the MDR).

Very true. I wouldn't mind them doing that.

Good point. They'd probably only need one Genie on those ships (very easy to do).

I agree that if you pay for an RS you deserve a good set of perks:)

The genie is a great idea and people who book rooms like the RS would love their experience with a genie. If I paid that much for a room I'd want a genie, its like having a personal concierge.

Information passed on so far is that the Royal Suite Class will not be added to the smaller ships. There just aren't enough suites to justify it. Also, none of the smaller ships have any of the suites listed in Star class.

We are talking about the Royal Suite (which every ship other ship has, even including Empress and Majesty) having a Genie. Nothing more than that.

So technically, although Royal Suite Class might not be expanding, there is nothing stopping them from adding 1 Genie to every other ship to take care of the largest suite.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

"Could be eligible"

OS maybe, dreaming because until fleetwide it's a rumor mill guessing game.

Agreed on RFS.

All speculation but would be nice if fleetwide, on non Oasis/Quantum Class

Star Class for RS PS & OS easy to implement.

Sky Class for GS & RFS

Sea Class for JS

We are talking about the Royal Suite (which every ship other ship has, even including Empress and Majesty) having a Genie. Nothing more than that.

So technically, although Royal Suite Class might not be expanding, there is nothing stopping them from adding 1 Genie to every other ship to take care of the largest suite.

Totally agree:)

We are talking about the Royal Suite having a Genie. Nothing more than that.

I understand. But it is unlikely to happen. The suites on the smaller ships don't typically command the same amount of revenue as they do on the bigger ships that feature more opulent,luxurious accommodations.

Example- Royal suite on the Liberty of the Seas- 10k for 2 people. You are unlikely to find a Star Class suite for less than 13k.

I understand. But it is unlikely to happen. The suites on the smaller ships don't typically command the same amount of revenue as they do on the bigger ships that feature more opulent,luxurious accommodations.

Example- Royal suite on the Liberty of the Seas- 10k for 2 people. You are unlikely to find a Star Class suite for less than 13k.

I found a Star Class suite for a bit under 10k (off season) when browsing one day.

Royal can add the Genie to the other ships and then have an excuse to charge more - and someone will pay.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

You would be surprised we did mock bookings for Allure Dec 2017

GLS $10k

ATS 2 Bedroom $9k

Both Star Class

Just got to sail off peak:D

Hi All,

Question to those who many have heard anything about this. Just booked the Royal Suite and was told that I would be eligible for the Royal Genie since I am booked in a Star Class Suite onboard the Navigator of the Seas. I politely corrected her and said I believed this was only exclusive to Quantum & Oasis Class. She typed away and said no, according to her records, by the time I sailed (2018), this would be offered on my ship/sail date.

Has this been confirmed by anyone? I am rather surprised.

Looks like you just confirmed it.

I found a Star Class suite for a bit under 10k (off season) when browsing one day.

Royal can add the Genie to the other ships and then have an excuse to charge more - and someone will pay.

I just booked sky loft suite on Oasis on 8/27 for 8k. Excited to try the new benefits

I know the classes besides Oasis and Quantum don't have as many suites, but it seems silly to roll out a "Royal Suite Class" and not do it fleet wide. At least the added perks and a few Genies on board to service the higher end suites.

As far as making a section of the MDR into Coastal Kitchen, it wouldn't have to be a very big area. I was on Constellation which is an M class, similar to Radiance class, and Luminae wasn't very big at all. And it included their Sky Suites (like a JS) for all meals, not just dinner.

Edited by jules815