Vista 3?

Has anyone heard if there is going to be a Vista 3? I know the Carnival Corp. has 8 or 9 ships on order but not sure if one of them is going to be a 3rd Vista class.

Currently there are only plans for Vista 2 for Carnival. All other new builds are for sister companies.

They must be running out of places where they can dock them.

They seem to be able to manage it. I remember when Oasis first came out, people predicting it's failure and RCI's soon demise, but here they are ordering the fifth in the class.

They seem to be able to manage it. I remember when Oasis first came out, people predicting it's failure and RCI's soon demise, but here they are ordering the fifth in the class.

No doubt, but limited ports of call and no tender ports.... Certainly does limit options, unless they are using it in China.

If doing all these new builds leads to the problems they are having on the 1st sailing of HOTS, then I am fine with the way Carnival is doing it vs the way Royal is. They get the ship a month early and instead of finishing it off jam in sailing while still having 1,000 contractors on the ship. While Carnival had issues with the Sunshine when she first came out, much different circumstances then this.

Compare HOTS first sailing to the first sailing of the Vista and the results are quite interesting,

Yeah Sunshine was an epic debacle. The problems lingered far after the ship reached the Caribbean. It's no wonder they said no more.

Reading the live blog for Harmony is very interesting, you should check it out. If I were on this sailing I would be really ticked off.

Reading the live blog for Harmony is very interesting, you should check it out. If I were on this sailing I would be really ticked off.

Probably, but they need to remember that RCI took delivery early and this was an unplanned pre-inaugural shakedown at discounted rates. The pics I've seen look very similar to Sunshine's first couple of cruises with work going on all over and boxes and supplies all over the place while they finished up. All of these cruise lines will try to force an unfinished ship into service to try to make a buck. Insert any cruise line's name here and they all have either done it or will do it without a second thought. Backed up urinals are inexcusable though. That's right out of a FEMA playbook. LOL

I've read on another thread here that Horizon will launch in 2018, followed by Spectacle (presumably 2020), and then Fiesta for Carnival's 50th Anniversary in 2022. Horizon and Spectacle would be considered Vista Class ships, and it sounded like Fiesta would be a "tweener" between the Vista and Solaris classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read on another thread here that Horizon will launch in 2018, followed by Spectacle (presumably 2020), and then Fiesta for Carnival's 50th Anniversary in 2022. Horizon and Spectacle would be considered Vista Class ships, and it sounded like Fiesta would be a "tweener" between the Vista and Solaris classes.

Do you have a reference for this? I have seen nothing (including names) other than Vista2.

Do you have a reference for this? I have seen nothing (including names) other than Vista2.

User wo5m posted this here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49893387

John Heald has hinted on social media that Vista 2's name has seven letters and "may or may not" have the letter z in it.

No doubt, but limited ports of call and no tender ports.... Certainly does limit options, unless they are using it in China.

I've been away for a while and must have missed Europe disappearing. I didn't realize the cruising world now only included China and the Caribbean. Seems like less then a year ago that I was cruising the Mediterranean on Allure.

If doing all these new builds leads to the problems they are having on the 1st sailing of HOTS, then I am fine with the way Carnival is doing it vs the way Royal is. They get the ship a month early and instead of finishing it off jam in sailing while still having 1,000 contractors on the ship. While Carnival had issues with the Sunshine when she first came out, much different circumstances then this.

Compare HOTS first sailing to the first sailing of the Vista and the results are quite interesting,

The Carnival Sunshine still has issues and has dropped 5 percentage points in the last 6 months to a low of 59 % of people loving it here on Cruise Critic, the lowest in the Carnival fleet...

The Carnival Sunshine still has issues and has dropped 5 percentage points in the last 6 months to a low of 59 % of people loving it here on Cruise Critic, the lowest in the Carnival fleet...

Old news my friend. Maybe we can discuss titanic instead. ?? Face it your wonderful cruise line screwed up big time they should be ashamed.

I've been away for a while and must have missed Europe disappearing. I didn't realize the cruising world now only included China and the Caribbean. Seems like less then a year ago that I was cruising the Mediterranean on Allure.

Where does allure sail now?

Old news my friend. Maybe we can discuss titanic instead. ?? Face it your wonderful cruise line screwed up big time they should be ashamed.

LOL. They did screw up, but if this had been Carnival, you'd be in froth of apologetics right about now. You know you would. ;):p:D

LOL. They did screw up, but if this had been Carnival, you'd be in froth of apologetics right about now. You know you would. ;):p:D

I am just enjoying it. On a serious note, they really should be ashamed. They can say it was discounted fares or not. No safety glass, 1,000 plus workers when they got the ship a

Month early. And a very long list to boot.

RCI just ordered a 5th Oasis class. Carnival needs to counter.

I did hear a rumor from my PVP that Carnival would be building a larger 184,000 ton ship to sail in 2020 or 2021.....I know that they are currently building one of those for Costa....time will tell.

I did hear a rumor from my PVP that Carnival would be building a larger 184,000 ton ship to sail in 2020 or 2021.....I know that they are currently building one of those for Costa....time will tell.

MSC has 11 new ships on order over the next 10 years. Four of them 210,000 tons.