Vista 3?

The Caribbean. What does that have to do with the ability of Oasis5 to sail in Europe?

I have no idea. Just using their past history as a reference point. I cannot remember when Royal dedicated a new ship year round to a seasonal (at least for most cruise lines) home port like Europe. Do Oasis class ships has port restrictions and to date have done zero tender ports (to my knowledge anyways)? Yes, hence me making my point. Oasis class ships tend to be the destination as opposed to the way to get there.

if they are planning to build a 3rd ship for their 50th Ann. They need to name Golden or something and name decks, public rooms, lounges, cabins, and deck after ports, Ocean names, famous places, and etc. i was thinking they could build The Golden Gate aka walkway above the atrium, and stuff like that Maybe they can call the main lounge Catalina, The keys, or whatever...

if they are planning to build a 3rd ship for their 50th Ann. They need to name Golden or something and name decks, public rooms, lounges, cabins, and deck after ports, Ocean names, famous places, and etc. i was thinking they could build The Golden Gate aka walkway above the atrium, and stuff like that Maybe they can call the main lounge Catalina, The keys, or whatever...

If what someone else posted about that ship being named Fiesta is true, I wonder if we could see the other "party" names used for Carnival's now retired ships - Festivale, Carnivale, Celebration, Jubilee, Holiday, and Mardi Gras ("Tropicale" doesn't really fit) - for areas on the 50th anniversary ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
We're on the Vista now and Matt announced at the VIFP party yesterday that Carnival will sail new vessels in Europe in 2018 and 2020. So two new ships are indeed on the way!

Interesting post, thanks

Interesting post, thanks

Makes sense since Italy's Fincatieri is under contract for all of those. I'm sure Horizon (Vista 2) and Spectacle (Vista 3) will eventually head to the United States.

Makes sense since Italy's Fincatieri is under contract for all of those. I'm sure Horizon (Vista 2) and Spectacle (Vista 3) will eventually head to the United States.

Wouldnt be surprised if one of these heads for China. Hard to compete when competition is using brand new ships and you are using older ones.

Where did you get the names from?

I got the names from another poster on here who claims to have inside knowledge on not only the Vista class, but the following class as well:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49893387&postcount=25

And in reply to Micah's Granddad, it would not surprise me in the least to see a Vista-class ship in China. Carnival could home port one in Miami, another in Long Beach, and then one in China - the West Coast gets a newer boat, China gets a newer Carnival-branded boat (Costa and AIDA are already in China, and the Carnival Splendor will relocate to China in 2018), and there's still a Vista-class boat in Miami, even if it's not the Carnival Vista herself.

I got the names from another poster on here who claims to have inside knowledge on not only the Vista class, but the following class as well:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49893387&postcount=25

And in reply to Micah's Granddad, it would not surprise me in the least to see a Vista-class ship in China. Carnival could home port one in Miami, another in Long Beach, and then one in China - the West Coast gets a newer boat, China gets a newer Carnival-branded boat (Costa and AIDA are already in China, and the Carnival Splendor will relocate to China in 2018), and there's still a Vista-class boat in Miami, even if it's not the Carnival Vista herself.

Ok, Its time to set the record straight. I'm sorry to say that post want my attempt at sarcasm/humor. There is absolutely no truth to it at all and I attempted to make its appear as a sarcasm/humor in the post, but apparently it fooled some. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I can assure you I am not a time traveler.

Hey us west coasters can hope.

They have trouble filling up a spirit class ship on WC doubt you would even see a Dream class.

Wouldnt be surprised two Vista class on east coast and a third going to China.

At least that is what JH's room steward told us.

They have trouble filling up a spirit class ship on WC doubt you would even see a Dream class.

Wouldnt be surprised two Vista class on east coast and a third going to China.

At least that is what JH's room steward told us.

LOL, there are people now guessing where you know JH's room steward from.

I wouldn't bet the farm on a Vista Class going to Long Beach or the west coast. At best, you'd see a Dream Class, and that's being very optimistic.

I would bet on a Dream class as well....or the Splendor ....again.