Vista 3?

RCI just ordered a 5th Oasis class. Carnival needs to counter.

...and even if Carnival's product is different enough that they don't feel a need to go head to head with RCCL, there are 8 ships and 560,000 tons of vacation hardware in the Fantasy class which are getting up there in age, and which Carnival ought to be thinking of replacing with something new one of these years.

(Of course, the question here is whether or not that comes in the form of more megaships or a larger number of smaller ships that can be profitable out of smaller homeports).

They have trouble filling up a spirit class ship on WC doubt you would even see a Dream class.

Wouldnt be surprised two Vista class on east coast and a third going to China.

At least that is what JH's room steward told us.

I wouldn't say they are having issues filling up the Miracle. I have yet to see prices drop to east coast levels. My last cruise was pretty packed and this cruise is looking the same. No solo cruiser deals and prices not dropping very much.

I wouldn't say they are having issues filling up the Miracle. I have yet to see prices drop to east coast levels. My last cruise was pretty packed and this cruise is looking the same. No solo cruiser deals and prices not dropping very much.

OK but no other cruise line seems to be putting their large ships on the west coast. Not as many ports to go to so many folks head off to east coast it would appear.

Being from the uk we just wish carnival would base ONE ship in Europe.... Apart from when they launch a new ship to sail carnival we also at have to travel to the US..... Seems a shame because on our recent vista trip the ship was full and 90% Americans, so there is obviously a requirement for loyal carnival American cruisers to travel to Europe, and I'm sure if carnival actually marketed themselves in Europe they would have no trouble filling the ship in the summer months, RCI base ships here and do really well!! C'mon carnival send a ship over here every year!!!!

Being from the uk we just wish carnival would base ONE ship in Europe.... Apart from when they launch a new ship to sail carnival we also at have to travel to the US..... Seems a shame because on our recent vista trip the ship was full and 90% Americans, so there is obviously a requirement for loyal carnival American cruisers to travel to Europe, and I'm sure if carnival actually marketed themselves in Europe they would have no trouble filling the ship in the summer months, RCI base ships here and do really well!! C'mon carnival send a ship over here every year!!!!

Are there many cruise ship ports in the UK? I want to go to Scotland some day and I would love to do it on a cruise - especially if it had a UK itinerary. Stopping at various ports around England, Scotland and Ireland. I have no idea how feasible that is but a fella can dream. :)

Are there many cruise ship ports in the UK? I want to go to Scotland some day and I would love to do it on a cruise - especially if it had a UK itinerary. Stopping at various ports around England, Scotland and Ireland. I have no idea how feasible that is but a fella can dream. :)

Hi, yeh there are loads, Southampton is one of the biggest ports in Europe, ncl are basing ships there next year, Royal carribean do every year, cunard are, P&O, princess and I think even MSC this year too! there's a fair few that cruise from the uk but we would only do RCI or NCL....

You might want to try Princess. We have done so and find it a cut above where Carnival is today. Kind of like cruising 10-15 years ago

I hope that Vista and Vista 2 will do very well so Carnival want a ship there every year:D

While I understand you wanting that, Carnival's response would be that they have their other brands supplying that market. The reason that Vista and Vista 2 will do that market is the obvious one......the ship is already there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While I understand you wanting that, Carnival's response would be that they have their other brands supplying that market. The reason that Vista and Vista 2 will do that market is the obvious one......the ship is already there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And I guess that ship does well enough it is worth doing a season in Europe.

A few years ago they sent a second ship to Europe and they decided it was not a good investment and brought her back pretty quickly.

And I guess that ship does well enough it is worth doing a season in Europe.

A few years ago they sent a second ship to Europe and they decided it was not a good investment and brought her back pretty quickly.

Different times (think it was the Legend you are referring to). We tried to do a group on her and the airfare was roughly 50% higher than the cruise fare (which was not all that cheap). All that being said' date=' if there is enough demand, they will do it.[/size']

Don't forget Carnival (the holding company) has subsidiaries P&O, Costa, and Aida based in the UK, Italy and Germany, respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tidecat

Carnival placed the then brand new Splendor there when she came over from Europe. While there were other factors, in retrospect, it could only be considered a failure.

Considering that Swine flu crippled mexico cruising and then the engine fire. I can hardly blame people for not wanting to cruise on Splendor for a while.

Considering that Swine flu crippled mexico cruising and then the engine fire. I can hardly blame people for not wanting to cruise on Splendor for a while.

As I had mentioned, there were other factors, that said, whatever the reason, it failed and in a big way. They had a new ship and it bombed. Not sure how the swine flu ruined it for a year.... And the Splendor did fine when she got back to the east coast.....go figure.

As I had mentioned, there were other factors, that said, whatever the reason, it failed and in a big way. They had a new ship and it bombed. Not sure how the swine flu ruined it for a year.... And the Splendor did fine when she got back to the east coast.....go figure.

For whatever reason not a huge demand for cruising on the WC during the winter months.

For whatever reason not a huge demand for cruising on the WC during the winter months.

There really isn't. I always thought a north bound that went up to Vancouver (from either LB or San Diego) with stops in San Fran and Seattle would be a great option, but whatever the reason, cruising is soft on the west coast.

I've been away for a while and must have missed Europe disappearing. I didn't realize the cruising world now only included China and the Caribbean. Seems like less then a year ago that I was cruising the Mediterranean on Allure.

Wonderfully point made with classy sarcasm.... Like!

I got the names from another poster on here who claims to have inside knowledge on not only the Vista class, but the following class as well:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49893387&postcount=25

And in reply to Micah's Granddad, it would not surprise me in the least to see a Vista-class ship in China. Carnival could home port one in Miami, another in Long Beach, and then one in China - the West Coast gets a newer boat, China gets a newer Carnival-branded boat (Costa and AIDA are already in China, and the Carnival Splendor will relocate to China in 2018), and there's still a Vista-class boat in Miami, even if it's not the Carnival Vista herself.

Seems to me a major battlefront for RCCL and CCL is Galveston. Not sure why CCL has not been able to fill ships out of NYC, but it does not mean they will ceed that ground.

Edited by nealstuber

Everyone is always focusing on larger and larger ships. The fact is, very soon Carnival will need to build several smaller ships to replace the aging Fantasy Class fleet. Fantasy Class ships fill a very important niche in Carnivals market. There are several ports that can not support anything larger due to Infrastructure issues. I'd be happy to see a new redesigned Fantasy sized ship.

Everyone is always focusing on larger and larger ships. The fact is, very soon Carnival will need to build several smaller ships to replace the aging Fantasy Class fleet. Fantasy Class ships fill a very important niche in Carnivals market. There are several ports that can not support anything larger due to Infrastructure issues. I'd be happy to see a new redesigned Fantasy sized ship.

Fantasy class won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Carnival has no lines to pass them down to, anymore, and there is no real market for used cruise ships.