Fanny Pack News

Elevatorman

Other than us ladies keeping our "valuables" in crevices of our bodies, wouldn't you rather us use "fanny", bum, waist, or whatever you call it. I for one, love the concept, keeps my valuables safe with not having to carry a 10 pound purse, and having both my hands free. I will be one of the three wearing it!

There are some quite slimline and thus discreet ones on the market for runners, called waist packs or belt packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's what I have. But I remember back when they first came out, they could get pretty big.

They are back in fashion ? Were they ever in fashion?

As to seeing them being worn in NYC ,might I suggest that they are not true New Yorkers that are using them.

As for me, I will continue to use a wristlet on the ship and a beach tote on excursions.

Now,if I can only find those hip-hugger bell-bottom jeans, polyester body suit and tye died poncho,I will be ready for my next cruise!

OMG, I just checked this out. Looks like a lot of top designers are making these now (Michael Kors, Gucci, etc.). I wouldn't have believed it if I had not seen it for myself (no offense meant, OP). They are much smaller than the big old ugly things I remember. Perfect size for a cruise card, credit card, ID, etc. I must admit I like the idea of being hands free. Oh heaven help me, I may get one for our December cruise...

OMG, I just checked this out. Looks like a lot of top designers are making these now (Michael Kors, Gucci, etc.). I wouldn't have believed it if I had not seen it for myself (no offense meant, OP). They are much smaller than the big old ugly things I remember. Perfect size for a cruise card, credit card, ID, etc. I must admit I like the idea of being hands free. Oh heaven help me, I may get one for our December cruise...

Yes, indeed. I saw them recently while shopping in high end stores. I thought the same thing ... they are back. :D

I suppose leisure suits are next, especially the velvet for formal nite.:D

OMG I will have to find one for Tim! We are not formal night fans and love to push the envelope a bit. (Not so far as the tuxedo T-shirt--that's already been done).

As an avid photographer who shoots a lot of images for Princess, I have long ago ditched my camera bag and have gone to the fanny, bum, whatever bag to hold the stuff I need while ashore. Perfect for carrying spare batteries, SD cards, Lenspen, WB Card, Gorilla pod, and even a extra prime lens. Carrying it in front I guess it's not a fanny pack anymore.......an interesting term comes to mind but whatever.

I was going to ask the "what does Fanny translate to in other slang terms", but glad I didn't. Did a google search and now see what the fuss was.At my previous airline, when we did charters, we would get a list of appropriate terms to be used. When in doubt, we just used pidgin english betweens ourselves as no one else knew what we were saying. Still, a fanny pack is still not very attractive as a fashion accessory.

Aloha, Tim