Newbie Cruiser Prank

creeblee

One time we made up a letter before we left (downloaded the Carnival logo like letterhead) and did a fake itemized bill for "excessive buffet charges" and "lido chair rental" put on stuff like

20 extra strips of bacon, $1 each, 2 chicken breasts $4 each, $3 ice creams $1.50, 3 tablespoons of salad dressing, and lido chair rental $5 per day in an itemized type bill for each day.

We put it under their door like day 4... After a night of partying they saw it when they went back to the cabin and drunk, went down to guest services showing it to them... (we waited above by the photo area to watch when we knew they went back to their cabin and found it) of course GS were totally baffled, before they got too heated we started laughing and came down the stairs and it took them a minute, but they realized they were pranked.. It was funny!

Gatorclaw cruised with Host Randy. He did a fabulous April Fools joke telling his mom her cabin was overbooked and he had to spend one night in her cabin with her. It's about 1/4 of the way into the video.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

One time we made up a letter before we left (downloaded the Carnival logo like letterhead) and did a fake itemized bill for "excessive buffet charges" and "lido chair rental" put on stuff like

20 extra strips of bacon, $1 each, 2 chicken breasts $4 each, $3 ice creams $1.50, 3 tablespoons of salad dressing, and lido chair rental $5 per day in an itemized type bill for each day.

We put it under their door like day 4... After a night of partying they saw it when they went back to the cabin and drunk, went down to guest services showing it to them... (we waited above by the photo area to watch when we knew they went back to their cabin and found it) of course GS were totally baffled, before they got too heated we started laughing and came down the stairs and it took them a minute, but they realized they were pranked.. It was funny!

That is funny. I went to Pigeon Forge with my nephews who where 12 at the time and one of them went to the bathroom at a restaurant and came back with a funny look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he tole me that the men's room was full but they had a "hillbilly restroom" so he went in there. Said it had a funnel attached to a hose that went down in the floor. You used that for your business then there was a pipe coming out of the wall that dripped water into a bucket and a soap on a rope beside it so you could wash your hands. He was so convincing and I was telling everyone about this bathroom. A little over a year later he finally fessed up that it was not real. Call me an easy target.

If their room is close to yours....

Sneak to their room once they have gone to bed, and hang a room service card on their doorknob. Have it for 6am delivery and a ton of stuff ---

Night before port days -- take the room service card away so no coffee in the morning :) -- or change the time to an hour earlier.

Later on, every time you walk past their door, Take the Privacy door hanger and switch it to *Service Please*

Tell them dinner on the first night in the dining room is a toga party.

Tell them all stewards do card tricks for guests. You just have to approach them, whisper "abracadabra" and give them a knowing wink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sneak to their room once they have gone to bed, and hang a room service card on their doorknob. Have it for 6am delivery and a ton of stuff ---

Night before port days -- take the room service card away so no coffee in the morning :) -- or change the time to an hour earlier.

Later on, every time you walk past their door, Take the Privacy door hanger and switch it to *Service Please*

That's funny and all, but I wouldn't waste food like that and/or have crew scrambling around bringing food unnecessarily when people with actual room service orders are waiting.

Messing with people's food/coffee orders could make them not happy. Especially if they were to call RS and give them an earful for not bringing it on time or early. I know I would be mad as a hornet to be woken up early. Same if the Room Steward was knocking on their door or worse off walked in on them. Pranks should be funny and not designed to upset people or cause bad feelings.

And folks, the above comments tells us the difference between the likes of Carnival when compared to Celebrity, Princess, Cunard, etc.

Yup, "fun" does not = class.

Sorry, but this thread really lacks the latter.

I never thought I'd be saying this either. This really surprises me to read this here.

Y'all still in high school or college? :rolleyes:

And folks, the above comments tells us the difference between the likes of Carnival when compared to Celebrity, Princess, Cunard, etc.

I never thought I'd be saying this either. This really surprises me to read this here.

It's just joking around. Lighten up. The lack of class can be fun sometimes.

My first cruise for my college graduation, my brothers would get late night pizza and ice cream and stack the plates sky high in front of my door. So I looked like a pig and I'd practically fall over them trying to get out.

I had some Azz do this except the room service wake up knock on my cabin door was at 5:30AM on a sea day. I was not happy about it at all. Figured some kids who didn't even know me were pranking. GRRR

Edited by evandbob

Tell them to meet you on the 13 floor, or their lifeboat is #13, or their muster station is 13. Even on ships, they don't have any 13.

The NCL Getaway class of ships has a deck 13. As do the Royal Oasis class.

It might just be ships that don't physically have more than 12 decks or Carnival ships that perpetuate this superstition.

I think you are being kind. Elementary school was what I thought. I live in Galveston, and cruise out of Galveston about 75% of the time. Every cruise, at least one person has said they were wary of imbarking from Texas, as to rednecks and hillbillies, just a low class option. This thread proves you don't have to be from Texas to be low classed.:p

Edited by cruzelover55
spelling

I think you are being kind. Elementary school was what I thought. I live in Galveston, and cruise out of Galveston about 75% of the time. Every cruise, at least one person has said they were wary of imbarking from Texas, as to rednecks and hillbillies, just a low class option. This thread proves you don't have to be from Texas to be low classed.:p

Mushroom cloud incoming in

if they have no class wouldnt that mean they aren't in school anymore? I havent taken any classes since I graduated.

Wow I can't believe how corny of a joke I just made... tttsssttt